Anyone seen these wheels? Superspeed Flowform RF03RR

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 06:34 PM
PDG
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Mounted up and a few test drives completed. Also splurged and bought the forged NISMO lug nuts and NISMO valve stem caps. The lugs look very cool, and the valve stem caps, while ridiculously over priced, actually have a nice benefit of being larger, thus making it easer to screw on and off while wearing gloves.

I am very happy with how these turned out. I wish they were clear coated like the TSW Kemoras, but, they tick every other box. Light, strong (JWL VIA certified), and clear the Akebonos.

Closeup

Front driver side

Rear passenger side
Old 04-11-2023, 02:28 PM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
Very nice man, they look great! It matches the window tint and vinyl wrap on the chrome. It's nice to see someone else representing these wheels because I feel like they're a little hidden gem lol

You're still on stock sport suspension I assume? How is the driving feel now that you've had a few days to test them out?
Old 04-11-2023, 08:56 PM
PDG
Registered Member

Yeah, these wheels aren't well known, but definitely a great option. I use a mobile tire company, and the installer was looking for new wheels for his STI and said he was going to check out Superspeed. Side note: mobile tire service is awesome. They come to me and are only slightly more expensive. Totally worth it for the time and hassle they save.

I am on stock suspension. I do want coilovers and a reduction in wheel gap, but the stock suspension performs very well and I do drive it in the snow, so I haven't gone down that route. If/when the stock dampers start to get tired, I'll replace them with coilovers. I don't think the original brand of OEM dampers are available anyway.

Driving feel is great, but the comparison is to the snow tires I just took off, so of course there is more grip. In fact, I've never had summer tires on the car before as I had all seasons on it for the first 6 years of ownership. I *think* turn in feels lighter and faster with the lighter wheel/tire combo, but that could also just be in my head.
Old 05-31-2023, 06:12 PM
PDG
Registered Member

Here's a better photo of a clean car, clean wheels, and shined tires. The wheels look great when everything is clean. They seem to fade into the car when everything is dirty.