'11 G37 RWD OEM wheels/tires to 19" Coupe wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:11 PM
deafington
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 G37 RWD OEM wheels/tires to 19" Coupe wheels

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile ALL the information I need to make sure that this transition is as smooth and cost effective for me as possible.

Getting ready to put 19" coupe wheels (19x9 rear, 19x8.5 front)
onto my 2011 G37 RWD, replacing the OEM wheels. The tires are 245/40 Kumho Ecstas all the way around.

I've purchased an Eibach Pro Spring Kit and am looking into Eibach's 15mm/20mm spacers.

Also planning on a Front/Rear SPC Camber kit w/ Toe but unsure if I should purchase prior to the wheel/tire install or after once I try an alignment.

Does anyone see any issues with this particular setup? Based off blnewt's advice, I'm thinking this should be perfect for what I'm looking for.

My remaining questions have to do with the TPMS and the speedometer.

1. Can I take my TPMS off the 17" wheels and put directly onto the 19" and then reprogram them @ a dealership? Or will I need a completely different set.

2. With the above wheels/tires, will I have issues with my speedometer or with my wheel variance? Still very new to all this so forgive if this is a stupid question.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:21 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I would run 275 35 and 245 40.
TPMS will swap over.
Install Springs first and then see how close you can get your alignment before buying the SPC arms.
Speedo should be fine.
Wait on the spacers till you install the Wheels and Tires.
Rear Offset is 45 so with a 20mm you are looking at 25mm offset.
Front Offset is 43 so with a 15 you are at a 28mm offset.

Hope this helps and Welcome.
The following users liked this post:
deafington (06-15-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Might be able to get by w/ just a rear camber/toe kit, there's quite a few that just do that and their front tread wear is reasonable, but YMMV.

The minimal 1/2" stagger is fine to run a square 245/40 setup and your diameter difference is minimal, not enough to be concerned with. You could also run the 245/275 combo, many members here run both the square & staggered setups so no real issues there w/ either setup. Just be sure to keep the 9" in back if you end up running the 245s all around.

If I were doing this I'd get the rear kit, and get aligned once the springs have settled out, about a 5-7 day wait, just be careful driving until you get it aligned.
deafington (06-15-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 04:12 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
I just installed coupe wheels. I don't think you'll want rear spacers. The front could use help in this regard. Go with 20mm. I am running 245/40 and 275/35. Looks boss. Handles like the mutt's nuts.

You might want to wait on the camber arms. I added them a couple of years ago on my stock suspension but I had a specific reason for doing so. Just means one less thing to do when I eventually buy coil-overs.
deafington (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 10:15 AM
deafington
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
I would run 275 35 and 245 40.
TPMS will swap over.
Install Springs first and then see how close you can get your alignment before buying the SPC arms.
Speedo should be fine.
Wait on the spacers till you install the Wheels and Tires.
Rear Offset is 45 so with a 20mm you are looking at 25mm offset.
Front Offset is 43 so with a 15 you are at a 28mm offset.

Hope this helps and Welcome.
It does, thank you! I already bought the 245/40 set but I will probably swap the rears once they run their course (which shouldn't take long on Orlando highways).

I'll go ahead and wait on the spacers to see how it looks.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Might be able to get by w/ just a rear camber/toe kit, there's quite a few that just do that and their front tread wear is reasonable, but YMMV.

The minimal 1/2" stagger is fine to run a square 245/40 setup and your diameter difference is minimal, not enough to be concerned with. You could also run the 245/275 combo, many members here run both the square & staggered setups so no real issues there w/ either setup. Just be sure to keep the 9" in back if you end up running the 245s all around.

If I were doing this I'd get the rear kit, and get aligned once the springs have settled out, about a 5-7 day wait, just be careful driving until you get it aligned.
Thanks blnewt! I'm going to get the rear kit (since it seems fairly cheap) just in case. If I don't need it I'll probably just post it on the classifieds here. So no point in aligning once the springs are in, give it a week or so to settle before alignment? Got it, I only have a 1.5 mile commute to work so worse case I can temporarily bike if the steering is too wily.

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
I just installed coupe wheels. I don't think you'll want rear spacers. The front could use help in this regard. Go with 20mm. I am running 245/40 and 275/35. Looks boss. Handles like the mutt's nuts.

You might want to wait on the camber arms. I added them a couple of years ago on my stock suspension but I had a specific reason for doing so. Just means one less thing to do when I eventually buy coil-overs.
Wishing I had gone 275/35 in rear but I got a good deal on tirerack for the set of 4 245/40 so I'll just stick with that for now. I'll look into spacers once the wheels are mounted. Maybe in the week that I'm waiting for the springs to settle I can decide how I like the stance and if I need t omodify it with the spacers.

I wish I had done COs up front because after springs, camber kits and potentially shocks & struts in the future...I'm already over $1000 on this setup. I see the Tein Basis Z recommended all the time, I may go with that if this setup proves problematic.

Also another quick question for whoever: anywhere I can find black/black chrome anodized lug nuts that will work with these wheels? Not trying to spend too much but I vinyl wrapped my center caps gloss black and it looks pretty good. Trying to match the lugs to that and my window trim.

Pics of the powdercoating coming soon! Bent Rim Repair in Orlando does great work around $100 a wheel if you're looking for PC/curb rash repair.

After all this is done....headlights start
Old 06-15-2017, 02:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Sounds like a good plan, there are some OEM mag-style lug nuts in black, no time now but I can dig around tonight, probably only in black, doubt black chrome is out there, but ???

Which Ecstas did you end up with? Been really happy w/ mine thus far!
Old 06-15-2017, 03:04 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Boy I looked Long and Hard for theses factory lugs in black. When you get a moment, Yeah link to them please
Old 06-15-2017, 03:25 PM
deafington
Registered Member

Sounds like a good plan, there are some OEM mag-style lug nuts in black, no time now but I can dig around tonight, probably only in black, doubt black chrome is out there, but ???

Which Ecstas did you end up with? Been really happy w/ mine thus far!
No worries but definitely would be interested in the link later! Black is fine, just wasn't sure if the anodized version was referred to as black chrome.

Will buy whatever you recommend my friend!

I got the Ecstas PS91 245/40, hoping to mount them this weekend or next, depending upon when my mechanic gets back into town.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Those PS 91s should really perform well, look forward to your impressions, I'll check around for those lug nuts tonight.
Brad
Old 06-17-2017, 10:27 PM
deafington
Registered Member

Those PS 91s should really perform well, look forward to your impressions, I'll check around for those lug nuts tonight.
Brad
Any luck Brad? I've still got a few days before my mechanic is gonna be back in town to do my springs/shoes. The anticipation is killing me! Hoping to have my window trim blacked out by then too.

Cat hair everywhere...

Old 06-17-2017, 11:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Wheels looking great there^^
For OEM mag-style you're really limited. I found Gorilla in chrome & black chrome, scroll down this page to the bottom lower left, you'll see the chrome & black mag-style. Only the top line for each lug nut will work as these are the Infiniti 12x1.25 size.
Gorilla Automotive Products
As far as where to buy, check here for chrome 20 pack~
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR73128T-20.htm
And for the black chrome this on Amazon, although no quantity is listed, probably a 4 pack~
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-19-2017, 04:38 PM
deafington
Registered Member

Wheels looking great there^^
For OEM mag-style you're really limited. I found Gorilla in chrome & black chrome, scroll down this page to the bottom lower left, you'll see the chrome & black mag-style. Only the top line for each lug nut will work as these are the Infiniti 12x1.25 size.
Gorilla Automotive Products
As far as where to buy, check here for chrome 20 pack~
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR73128T-20.htm
And for the black chrome this on Amazon, although no quantity is listed, probably a 4 pack~
https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Autom.../dp/B00YJJ2BOG
Bought 16 Gorilla Automotive lugs + 4 black chrome wheel locks. Now all I've gotta do is get everything installed!

Thanks so much for all your help Brad, I'll post up my build once everything's looking shiny!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Look forward to it!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:57 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

OK. I called Gorilla and stock number 73128TBC is actually a "Bulk" box of 40(!). So I ordered it from Amazon. If it is 40 count I'll give away the other 20 . Stay tuned and I'll start another thread when I get them. By June 23rd it says.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
OK. I called Gorilla and stock number 73128TBC is actually a "Bulk" box of 40(!). So I ordered it from Amazon. If it is 40 count I'll give away the other 20 . Stay tuned and I'll start another thread when I get them. By June 23rd it says.
It is a bit confusing from the few sources I checked, one part# says bulk, the other part# says bag, and that one chrome 20 pack just has the part # w/ a -20 behind it
If you can get 40 for $18 that would be a helluva deal.