Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Autom...s=g37+lug+nuts

Sean
Old 11-25-2017, 10:28 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Im confused.

I also bought a set of the G35 Forged Rays 19's and am going to use them as a winter setup. The G35 Forged Rays 19's have an acorn/tapered seat as shown in the picture (far left) and therefore the stock G37 (mag style) lugs will not fit.

I therefore bought a set of spline drive acorn lug nuts:

Amazon Amazon

Originally Posted by greco65
OK....I had the shank with the washer and I went and bought the acorn. I have not driven them yet but I guess I installing again the original (shank with the washer) and returning back the acorn.
Did you end up using the acorn lugs? Any issues?

Originally Posted by Tachyon

I would recommend getting the correct lugs as soon as possible. The acorn style lug nuts will basically bore out the lug holes and your wheels can break off....

I have the same wheels and had to get shank style lug nuts. I bought them from another member here. Going to the dealer is very overpriced.....

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...ck-wheels.html
Did you get your recommendation mixed up? The user in that post used the tapered/acorn spline drive lugs with the G37 wheels, and this post was asking what lugs to use with the G35 wheels.

How did you use the shank style lug nuts with the G35 Forged Rays 19s? Those arent the OEM wheel nuts and the hole in the G35 Forged Rays 19s wont fit a shank?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:03 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
^ I think there was a little confusion with the other posts (as you've listed). G35 Rays wheels do take acorn/tapered lug nuts. I have a set of G35 Rays wheels and the G37 Lugs DO NOT fit them...totally different set up. I ended up getting a set of black acorn lug nuts and have been running my current set up for awhile now. (I posted the wheels on here when I got them refinished). Will take them off for the winter months and install my stock 17's w/Blizzaks - I'll use the OEM G37 lugs for the 17" wheels.

I previously had an 06 M35 sport and those wheels also used acorn/tapered style lug nuts. The early years 2004 to 2007~ wheels used acorn/tapered.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:02 AM
FlashGuy
Registered Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
I have the G35 Rays on my car right now as a winter setup, and use the OEM mag style lug nuts. There is a washer seat on the Rays for this. I've used this for 2 seasons with no issues.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:26 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FlashGuy
I have the G35 Rays on my car right now as a winter setup, and use the OEM mag style lug nuts. There is a washer seat on the Rays for this. I've used this for 2 seasons with no issues.
Im looking at the 19" G35 Rays wheel right now and I can see how someone could use a mag style lug nut if the shank was a smaller diameter than the stock G37 lug nuts. There is a flat surface on the G35 Rays wheel, so I could see this working.

However, to clarify, you are using the OEM mag "style" lug nuts, which I am assuming you bought a separate set of lugs which fit the G35 wheel? I'm playing around with the 19" G35 wheel and the G37 stock lug nuts are too large to fit with the 19" G35 Rays wheel for the washers to sit flush - the shank on the lug nuts is too large.