2013 with NO single wire TPMS wire

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Fishermr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2013 with NO single wire TPMS wire

I have 2013 late model g37x sedan have spent hours now trying to follow the instructions for resetting the TPMS for my recent installation of winter tires/rims (Off G35). The OEM TPMS senders were not used. The problem is there is NO single white control wire under the dash, like there was with my 2010 model (g37x sedan also).

The closest wire/connector I can find is a small connector (close to OBD) that has two wires (white and lilac/purple) the white one blows the interior 10A fuse and the lilac/purple does nothing.

I have literally spent hours on my back now looking for the single white wire to do the paper clip reset but to no avail.

Help!!!. Anybody got any suggestions, ideas or know what the solution is.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Can't help, but doing the reset will only keep the light off for a few days, doesn't seem worth the trouble.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:56 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Fishermr
I have 2013 late model g37x sedan have spent hours now trying to follow the instructions for resetting the TPMS for my recent installation of winter tires/rims (Off G35). The OEM TPMS senders were not used. The problem is there is NO single white control wire under the dash, like there was with my 2010 model (g37x sedan also).

The closest wire/connector I can find is a small connector (close to OBD) that has two wires (white and lilac/purple) the white one blows the interior 10A fuse and the lilac/purple does nothing.

I have literally spent hours on my back now looking for the single white wire to do the paper clip reset but to no avail.

Help!!!. Anybody got any suggestions, ideas or know what the solution is.
The TPMS sensors need to be programmed to each wheel. I don't know if sensors from a G35 will be properly recognized on a G37. They may transmit different frequencies and the receiver in the G37 may be tuned to a different frequency.
You can continue to bang your head against a wall or you can just take your vehicle to the nearest Infiniti dealer and they can tell you whether your TPMS sensors are any good.

Telcoman
Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
You can continue to bang your head against a wall or you can just take your vehicle to the nearest Infiniti dealer and they can tell you whether your TPMS sensors are any good.
...or any tire store. Literally, any one.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:16 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
...or any tire store. Literally, any one.
True any tire store will take your money and waste your time especially if they do not follow the FSM and also have the necessary diagnostic tools.

Factory Service Manuals - NICO Club

See page WT-37

Keep in mind that one or more of the batteries in old G35 TPMS sensors may have gone dead.

Telcoman
Old 11-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
True any tire store will take your money and waste your time especially if they do not follow the FSM and also have the necessary diagnostic tools.
You could say the same about a dealership's service department, and have a stronger likelihood of being correct.

However, you're right about the TPMS battery. IIRC, those things only last 5 to 7 years. Er-r-r, which puts me on the cusp of that happening. Well, great.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-03-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:01 PM
007pipeline
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i need to take my car to get a key FOB programmed for my car, i guess i will ask about them resetting my TPMS as well.. i hate that light...