Powder Coated My Wheels Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 12:05 PM
AzNBoY92

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm in Augusta, GA the border of GA and SC. What would I be doing while waiting? Lmao.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
That color caliper that blnewt suggested would do wonders on that color wheel! They came out perfect I'm very impressed. But with that said I also agree the car needs a drop and then it'll be 100%!
The following users liked this post:
jeepbrew (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 PM
jeepbrew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Its a
I got mine Powdercoater about 2 months ago. They are just a gloss black but I think they look fantastic. Have not curbed them yet not do I ever hope to but this is what mine look like incase you were interested! I am highly please with how they turned out and think it is way worth the money for someone who can't afford new rims
Those look sweet. I had considered gloss black but it's too common on black vehicles over here, so I wanted something different. I love the black wheels on the white ride though. And I had looked at purchasing new rims, but just prefer the stockers, so powder coating made sense.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:09 PM
jeepbrew

Originally Posted by AzNBoY92
I'm in Augusta, GA the border of GA and SC. What would I be doing while waiting? Lmao.
Lol. Yeah, I was hoping you'd say ATL. He does have a waiting room with DirecTV if you change your mind. There has got to be someone in ATL at least that does similar work...
Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Its a

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jeepbrew
Those look sweet. I had considered gloss black but it's too common on black vehicles over here, so I wanted something different. I love the black wheels on the white ride though. And I had looked at purchasing new rims, but just prefer the stockers, so powder coating made sense.
Thank you, and I'm sure. Everyone does black on black. I'm sure everyone does white on black as well but who cares. I like it and eventually I would like to completely make everything black and white but we shall see lol money is an issue. And I would like to get bigger rims eventually but that is way down the road. I wanted something different that wasn't too expensive and made the car look better. It's a way better route to go rather than spending 2k on rims and tires lol that would be a third of my yearly salary! Lol
Old 05-12-2016, 12:22 PM
AzNBoY92

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah I know ATL has a powder coater for sure but it's just the 2 hour drive and than the whole day wait depending on how long the process. There are powder coaters in my area but they only do like commercial or they want to charge an arm and leg since they know they're only ones.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:48 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
looks great looks very oemish. im usually against painting stock wheels but u picked a good color
Old 05-13-2016, 12:17 AM
JeffG37x

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Your wheels look amazing!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
They look fantastic!!! This what I want but am having trouble finding a shop that can do it. Also how long did it take to do yours?
Old 05-13-2016, 03:30 PM
jeepbrew

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
They look fantastic!!! This what I want but am having trouble finding a shop that can do it. Also how long did it take to do yours?
Thanks! I posted it somewhere earlier in this thread, but I dropped it off at 5:30 AM and it was ready to drive home around 2:30 PM later that day.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:28 AM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had some curb rash on the two driver's side wheels, so instead of touching up those two or repairing those two, I decided to take my G to an old buddy's shop and have him completely refinish all 4. I decided on a black base with a gunmetal gray on top. I like they way they turned out. Tell me what you think.
Really like what you did with your wheel. I too have been thinking about doing this.
Can you Pls share what color you used on your wheels, and how much it cost to do all 4 wheels?

I also like the suggestion below of painting the calipers, and never thought that copper would look that good.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Sig6MT
Really like what you did with your wheel. I too have been thinking about doing this.
Can you Pls share what color you used on your wheels, and how much it cost to do all 4 wheels?

I also like the suggestion below of painting the calipers, and never thought that copper would look that good.
I'm not sure if the op posted it but it generally runs $100-125 a wheel. I was quoted $500. The shop has to remove the tire to powder coat. Then remount and balance. It's a pretty lengthy process.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 AM
Jedz123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking of going black on my Rims... Now I know I want to!!!

How much did it cost to powder coat?
Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 AM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
I had some curb rash on the two driver's side wheels, so instead of touching up those two or repairing those two, I decided to take my G to an old buddy's shop and have him completely refinish all 4. I decided on a black base with a gunmetal gray on top. I like they way they turned out. Tell me what you think.

Looks amazing!
Is your car stock height? Looks a bit lower then stock....
Old 05-16-2016, 03:47 PM
jeepbrew

Originally Posted by Sig6MT
I chose a black base layer with a gunmetal grey on top. My buddy's shop charges $600 out-the-door for the process.

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
I'm not sure if the op posted it but it generally runs $100-125 a wheel. I was quoted $500. The shop has to remove the tire to powder coat. Then remount and balance. It's a pretty lengthy process.
Yup, there is a lot of work involved. $500 total is a pretty dang good deal.

Originally Posted by Jedz123
I was thinking of going black on my Rims... Now I know I want to!!!

How much did it cost to powder coat?
$600

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
Looks amazing!
Is your car stock height? Looks a bit lower then stock....
Nah, stock height. I have debated on dropping it a bit, but at the same time I'm pretty pleased with where it sits and I have other toys to dump my $$ into. If I lowered it I'd also probably have to hear my wife b!t@h about it.

Quick Reply: Powder Coated My Wheels Yesterday