got my wheels on

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:14 AM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
got my wheels on

Put my new wheels on this weekend!

19" Niche Milan's with 245/40/19 tires. Square setup.

Now I need to drop it.

Question about lowering, if I were to go with springs do I need front control arms as well or just the rear camber arms?

Old 04-26-2016, 10:34 AM
VenomGT9
Registered Member

Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
Why would you need control arms? Unless your bushings are blown...
Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Why would you need control arms? Unless your bushings are blown...
Because replacing the front upper control arms is how you add camber adjustability.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:41 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by steven92
Question about lowering, if I were to go with springs do I need front control arms as well or just the rear camber arms?
Depends which springs you go with, for a milder (1.5" or less) drop you can
typically get by w/ just a rear kit, but each drop is different, depending on variance of parts and the technicians doing the alignment.

Since you have all 4 the same size ( I assume since you have the same tires all around that the wheels are also the same) you have the advantage of being able to do a true 4 wheel rotation (assuming you don't have directional tires). So if you run a bit heavier camber in front (in the -1.6 to -2 range) you should get decent tire life as long as your toe is in spec.

Wheels look good on that G BTW.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:43 AM
VenomGT9
Registered Member

Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
When he wrote it made me think of this

Not the uppers lol
Old 04-26-2016, 10:57 AM
steven92

I just want to drop the vehicle on swift springs. Looks like I just need a rear kit? How much does the labor cost average for installation? Plus I assume I'll need another alignment?

Yes, the wheels technically are the same but each has its own unique balance. When the wheels were shipped, each wheel specifically had a package sticker that said FRONT RIGHT, FRONT LEFT etc.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:21 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

I just want to drop the vehicle on swift springs. Looks like I just need a rear kit? How much does the labor cost average for installation? Plus I assume I'll need another alignment?

Yes, the wheels technically are the same but each has its own unique balance. When the wheels were shipped, each wheel specifically had a package sticker that said FRONT RIGHT, FRONT LEFT etc.
Interesting, are the tires directional or do the wheels have a different offset in the front/back? If the wheels have the same width/offset and the tires aren't directional you should have no problem swapping them to any place on the car.
That said, the spring install can vary by hundreds of dollars, really need to call around or even post a "shop recommendation for spring install in **** area??" in the regional folders, might even find a fellow member here that would lend a hand since it's not a real hard DIY.
NorthEast - MyG37
And yes, you will need a fresh alignment
Old 04-26-2016, 11:31 AM
300ZXTT
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm doing Swifts on my IPL this week. I went with camber kits front and rear. I wanted to be in OEM spec all around. I did not want to be on the 'edge' of being in spec. Tires aren't cheap. I'm hoping my alignment guy can get the car within factory specs regarding Toe so I don't need the bolts installed. Many others here with comparable dropped springs have been able to do just that. My advice is, if you can afford it, get camber kits front and rear and be done with it. You'll have no regrets like you would if you saw inner tire wear months down the road and then said, "I should have got the camber kits"...
Old 04-26-2016, 11:32 AM
steven92

The wheel supplier (CARID [ terrible company DO NOT recommend at all]) has them listed as the same offset but the rear wheels seem to be more concave.

All I need are the rear camber arms?
Old 04-26-2016, 11:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

The wheel supplier (CARID [ terrible company DO NOT recommend at all]) has them listed as the same offset but the rear wheels seem to be more concave.

Sounds like they may be a different width then, sorry to hear about your problems w/ them and since they're a site vendor be sure to post a review in the vendor folder.
The rear camber arm also includes (or should include) a set of new toe bolts, these require the adjustment slot to be widened (with a dremel tool) to allow the new bolts to have more range, this will get your toe in spec when you drop it.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:48 AM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Really? I'm thinking about getting a wheel package from them in a few weeks. I like the rear concave though so i might be good.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:04 PM
steven92

Originally Posted by VaderK52
Really? I'm thinking about getting a wheel package from them in a few weeks. I like the rear concave though so i might be good.
I would rate this company a solid 1 out of 10, 10 being the best. If you research this company in the BBB (Better Business Bureau) they have terrible reviews

Reasons:

1. My order was shipped out 3.5 weeks after order placement
2. The original tires I purchased were not in stock and CARID did not notify me of this until 2 weeks or so after initial order placement
3. Customer service is terrible. Direct answers are hard to find, and they tend to hang up or "drop calls" as they claim on you
4. Upon shipment, one wheel had a small ding. The wheels were not balanced correctly and had to be rebalanced by Infiniti
5. Upon shipment, 2 out of 4 hub rings shipped. I had to order an extra set from a different supplier
6. My friend who has a G37x Sedan ordered wheels 1 week before me, and they shipped 2 weeks after I had received mine. He too had terrible customer service and they lied to him. CARID kept claiming the order had shipped but UPS said otherwise.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:36 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
I would rate this company a solid 1 out of 10, 10 being the best. If you research this company in the BBB (Better Business Bureau) they have terrible reviews

Reasons:

1. My order was shipped out 3.5 weeks after order placement
2. The original tires I purchased were not in stock and CARID did not notify me of this until 2 weeks or so after initial order placement
3. Customer service is terrible. Direct answers are hard to find, and they tend to hang up or "drop calls" as they claim on you
4. Upon shipment, one wheel had a small ding. The wheels were not balanced correctly and had to be rebalanced by Infiniti
5. Upon shipment, 2 out of 4 hub rings shipped. I had to order an extra set from a different supplier
6. My friend who has a G37x Sedan ordered wheels 1 week before me, and they shipped 2 weeks after I had received mine. He too had terrible customer service and they lied to him. CARID kept claiming the order had shipped but UPS said otherwise.
Ok, thanks for the info. Might try my hand at some local rim shops then.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:53 PM
steven92

Or you can try:

Wheels Tires Rims - Custom Car Truck Chrome Discount Cheap
Old 04-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Yan141

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Well worth getting camber kit. Stealership did my alignment two years ago and still on good tire wear. For anyone buying new tires I recommend tirerack.com and for wheels Vossen company got good warranty their wheels.

Quick Reply: got my wheels on