Question about spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:35 PM
PGg35s

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question about spacers

I got my Ichiba V2 in the mail today and was wondering if the middle piece is built in to the spacer or seperate.. These came with the rings built in but the V1 I accidentally ordered a few weeks ago had the ring in the center seperate from the spacer.. Are these the right spacers?
Attached Thumbnails Question about spacers-photo506.jpg   Question about spacers-photo845.jpg   Question about spacers-photo183.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 12:44 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
The studs are built-in to the spacer which are meant to eliminate the need to replace the existing studs on your wheel hub. The nuts, however, should be taken off and used for installing the spacers.

Hope this answers your question since I wasn't really sure what you are asking.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:45 PM
PGg35s

Question about spacers

Sorry for not making it clear enough.. I didn't really know how to ask lol but here's what I'm talking about.. The ring on the right thats seperate from the spacer.. Mine is stationary where this one can slide in and out. Does that help?
Attached Thumbnails Question about spacers-photo624.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 01:51 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by PGg35s
Sorry for not making it clear enough.. I didn't really know how to ask lol but here's what I'm talking about.. The ring on the right thats seperate from the spacer.. Mine is stationary where this one can slide in and out. Does that help?
That's probably the hub ring, which is used to make sure the wheel is centered correctly on the spacer. Yours is built-in to the spacer itself so you don't need to worry about it. The v2's are bolt-on spacers which are hub-centric and include extended studs, making installation a breeze since you literally just have to bolt it on and you're done.

Everything on your spacers is ready for installation.
The following users liked this post:
VMRWheels (03-30-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 02:57 PM
PGg35s

Question about spacers

Ok good.. I thought I was gonna have to send them back again. Thanks! Its just weird because if you google search the v2 spacers it shows that most of them have the ring separate.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:11 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok good.. I thought I was gonna have to send them back again. Thanks! Its just weird because if you google search the v2 spacers it shows that most of them have the ring separate.
I agree with the previous poster - these are good to go! The spacers with differing rings are more or less universal (can switch out the rings to peroperly fit different cars). The spacers you currently have are high quality and Nissan/Infiniti specific, which is a good thing.

Are you installing these with the OEM/stock wheels or aftermarket wheels?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
i prefer the rings to be once piece rather than seperate. less headache
Old 03-30-2016, 10:41 PM
PGg35s

Question about spacers

OEM 18s for now. Eventually gonna get new wheels. I put the spacers on earlier and it looks so much better. Here's the before and after.

Name:  image_zpslqftvppl.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  image_zpsuzy4nsiw.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  image_zpsc6bzdvmu.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  162.6 KB

Name:  D2F94DD8-C718-45D3-8925-F606372AD795_zpsoxi0ktpp.png
Views: 146
Size:  697.0 KB

Last edited by PGg35s; 04-23-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:42 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks MUCH better, nice work!

I asked about OEM Vs Aftermarket wheels as most aftermarket wheels will require hubcentric rings. However, these were used to space OEM, so that's a non-issue
Old 03-31-2016, 08:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
I put the spacers on earlier and it looks so much better. Here's the before and after.
Pretty dramatic difference, huh? Wheel fitment is one of those things that's academic for most people... until you start obsessing over it, and then it becomes a crazy priority you never had before.

Looks great, OP. Well done.

The picture with the nuts on the spacer studs, those look like flange nuts. Maybe that's just the angle of the photo, because obviously you need (typical aftermarket) tapered lug nuts for the spacers themselves. Let's hope once installed, you won't be removing and re-installing the spacers again... half-height lug nuts suck donkey *****, and can so easily strip the hex heads.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-31-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:28 AM
PGg35s

Question about spacers

^^ Yeah it's such a huge difference. I stripped one of those heads your talking about putting them on. It doesn't help that they are brass either.. I'm going to be removing them once I get rims with the correct offset and only using the spacers and OEMs as my winter set up. Let's hope I don't run into trouble removing them when the time comes.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

^^ Yeah it's such a huge difference. I stripped one of those heads your talking about putting them on. It doesn't help that they are brass either.. I'm going to be removing them once I get rims with the correct offset and only using the spacers and OEMs as my winter set up. Let's hope I don't run into trouble removing them when the time comes.
OK then, let me share what I'm doing, because I only use my 15mm spacer adapters in the winter, matched with my OEM sport rims. In the summertime, I remove the spacers when putting my Vossens back on the car. This is my second year of doing that, and I stripped the head of one of those damn half-height nuts. In fact, I had to take the car to my mechanic just yesterday to have it dislodged.

But (!!!) there is a solution. Note that on the backside of your wheel there is a sculpted area between the lug holes, directly over where those half-height lug-nuts are in your spacers. This means you can use lugnuts on the spacers which extend out beyond the surface of the spacer.

I'm using a cheap set of spline-drive lugnuts there. Problem solved.

The reason why I still had a half-height nut was that I only had 18 of these spline-drive lugnuts available, and used two of the nuts that came with the spacers. And then, of course, I stripped one of them.

Here's a picture of all three: the half-height crapola nut, the cheap spline drive nut, and the OEM lug nut.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread for this question, but how safe are spacers? Which are the best? Does it put extra stress on the hub? Can they come loose at high speeds? I am planning to run 20mm all around.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:47 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Rochester are those the b2 spacers? only reason why I ask is because I m about to pick up a set.

Nick - I ve seen a bunch of people run spacers, personally for me I would rather not run them at all because of the things you mentioned. Out of all the people I know running spacers none have ever had a problem other then a stripped nut or maybe their wheel bearing go bad but that can be caused by a bunch of reasons. As long as you torque the nuts to the specific specs you should be good and making sure that the spacers are on flush with the hub, take some time to remove any rust. Also if you are not using bolt on spacers make sure you get extended studs. Also get hubcentric spacers.

The best spacer is no spacer, but some brands may be better than others I would look into the H&R ones but they can get quite pricey. I ran the B2 auto design ones and they were fine.
The following users liked this post:
xnick101 (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Rochester are those the b2 spacers? only reason why I ask is because I m about to pick up a set.
Yes. $200 back in 2014.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
As long as you torque the nuts to the specific specs you should be good and making sure that the spacers are on flush with the hub, take some time to remove any rust. Also if you are not using bolt on spacers make sure you get extended studs. Also get hubcentric spacers.
All good advice. Make sure both surfaces are clean of debris and flush. Make sure everything is evenly torqued to spec in a star pattern. And make sure your setup is hubcentric.

I still wouldn't autocross a car with spacers, but as long as things are mounted properly, you can daily-drive the heck out of them without worries.

Quick Reply: Question about spacers