Decent locking lugs for stock enkei rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Decent locking lugs for stock enkei rims

I'm a proud new owner of a 14 q60 sport with 19'' rims that have been powder coated a nice gunmetal color. I've been searching for a set of locking lugs to fit them without much luck. I've only found the stock offered style made by Mcguard. Yuck. Is there another brand that makes the washer style locker to fit the stock Enkei's ? I haven't been able to find them. This amazes me since this style lug is used on a lot of Nissans and Infinitis. I found similar Toyota lugs but the shank diameter is too small (our shanks are bigger than theirs) . Thanks in advance for any help.
I know that locking lugs might only slow them down but I'm older so I need that extra few seconds to run them over with my rascal from the scooter store.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:16 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

You there! Would you happen to know where I can find the holy locking lug nut?
Old 03-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Old 03-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Old 03-20-2016, 01:02 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
LOL I guess none of us really know of a decent locking lug nut for our stock wheels or we honestly don't care what they look like as long as they deter someone long enough to shoot them in your driveway. I just use the McGard on locks. I'm not trying to stare at them when the car is parked so who cares what they look like?
Old 03-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Sorry I didn't realize that you used the McGard locks regardless of whether you like them or not. Personally I think they would look silly with a set of black chrome lugs but since youdon't think so and you speak as though your opinion is representative of many others, I'll just run right out and buy some.. or not. Nice folks here.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:24 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Invaderzim
Sorry I didn't realize that you used the McGard locks regardless of whether you like them or not. Personally I think they would look silly with a set of black chrome lugs but since youdon't think so and you speak as though your opinion is representative of many others, I'll just run right out and buy some.. or not. Nice folks here.
We're a nice group here, just very little to choose from in the Mag-style lug nuts, let alone locking sets.
Here's some regular (non locking) black lug nuts, still need black washers though
Amazon.com: T6 PREMIUM BLACK STANDARD MAG LUG NUTS 12X1.25 SET OF 20: Automotive Amazon.com: T6 PREMIUM BLACK STANDARD MAG LUG NUTS 12X1.25 SET OF 20: Automotive

Unfortunately there's much more for the Toyota/Lexus threads 12x1.5
Old 03-20-2016, 09:58 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Still no locks, but here's another set that has attached washers:

ZSpeed Performance Nissan Infinti OEM & Performance Parts

I have used these in conjunction with the McGard locks along with black Colorlugs over the locks to match.

http://www.colorlugs.com

Sean
The following 2 users liked this post by VIVID:
blnewt (03-20-2016), G37sGraphite (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
Still no locks, but here's another set that has attached washers:

ZSpeed Performance Nissan Infinti OEM & Performance Parts

I have used these in conjunction with the McGard locks along with black Colorlugs over the locks to match.

ColorLugs - Home

Sean
I have been looking for some black ones too...you have some great options here. I have never heard of the color lugs....how do they stay on and do they end up missing after awhile?
Old 03-20-2016, 11:23 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
How about the Gorilla ones?

Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories
Old 03-21-2016, 07:34 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
I have been looking for some black ones too...you have some great options here. I have never heard of the color lugs....how do they stay on and do they end up missing after awhile?
The colorlugs go on very tight. I've had no problems with them. I recommend the optional extractor tool to remove them. I got a bunch in case I lose some, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm switching over to summers soon and they'll get put away until October.

Anyhow, the guy who runs colorlugs is a real stand-up guy with personal service. He's fun to talk to as well. Very personable.

Sean
Old 03-21-2016, 09:03 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
It seems like only the Toyota application comes in black (the 12x1.5 thread).
Old 03-22-2016, 05:34 PM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by Invaderzim
So in rereading your thread it appears you are not looking for lug nuts that are black your looking for a locking lug nut that is black correct?
if you have the black chrome lugs why not get the black chrome locking lug nut from McGard?

In my case the previous owner had the regular lugs (brushed aluminum look) with the washers and a regular Mcgard thrown in there...looks good.

Here are the black chrome ones...UPDATE: SEE POST #15...although McGards website shows only cone seat wheel locks available for the G37 mine on my car has a washer etc. and looks nothing like what they offer now...better to stay clear of these....

Chrome/Black Tuner Style Cone Seat Wheel Lock Set (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - Set of 4 Locks and 1 Key

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 03-22-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:44 PM
G37sGraphite

I am wondering now....how the stock rims with black lugs would look....my wifes car is a Merc and it has the brushed aluminum wheels from the factory with black lugs and it looks good...hmmmm
Old 03-22-2016, 06:35 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
So in rereading your thread it appears you are not looking for lug nuts that are black your looking for a locking lug nut that is black correct?
if you have the black chrome lugs why not get the black chrome locking lug nut from McGard?

In my case the previous owner had the regular lugs (brushed aluminum look) with the washers and a regular Mcgard thrown in there...looks good.

Here are the black chrome ones...

Chrome/Black Tuner Style Cone Seat Wheel Lock Set (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - Set of 4 Locks and 1 Key

Careful there. I don't believe those will work on OEM wheels, just aftermarket tuner style wheels.

Those, because they aren't seated properly, can tear through the lug holes on OEM wheels.

Make doubly sure what you are getting. It's important to say the least.

Sean
The following users liked this post:
G37sGraphite (03-22-2016)

Quick Reply: Decent locking lugs for stock enkei rims