Color Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM
WhiteVQ37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Color Rims

Hi all.. Here's another rim color thread. I have a 2008 G37s Ivory Pearl and I'm going to change the color of the rims. For the time being it's going to be plastidip to figure out what color I'll eventually powder coat (unless I buy new ones) I don't want to go with black though, everyone always does black rims with white cars. I was thinking Anthracite Gray or Gunmetal Gray. I want to be different, but still remain classy and not rice it out. Any other color choices you guys have see that looked good?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:55 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteVQ37
Hi all.. Here's another rim color thread. I have a 2008 G37s Ivory Pearl and I'm going to change the color of the rims. For the time being it's going to be plastidip to figure out what color I'll eventually powder coat (unless I buy new ones) I don't want to go with black though, everyone always does black rims with white cars. I was thinking Anthracite Gray or Gunmetal Gray. I want to be different, but still remain classy and not rice it out. Any other color choices you guys have see that looked good?
The gunmetal Dip isn't gunmetal but more of a primer gray, the copper/bronze would be a better look IMO, here's a vid clip
Old 11-30-2014, 02:08 PM
WhiteVQ37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That actually looks pretty nice. I never thought of the copper color, that would contrast nicely. So you're saying the gunmetal gray isn't gray but more of a primer gray? Primer gray to me is like the stock sport rims. I just want something temporary while I look for some aftermarket rims. I'll look into that copper color though. Thanks man.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteVQ37
That actually looks pretty nice. I never thought of the copper color, that would contrast nicely. So you're saying the gunmetal gray isn't gray but more of a primer gray? Primer gray to me is like the stock sport rims. I just want something temporary while I look for some aftermarket rims. I'll look into that copper color though. Thanks man.
I think to get the darker bronze you'd need to use the black dip first and coat the copper over it to get the dark tint, probably be a bit too light by itself.
You could always shoot a small section of your wheel to get an idea how it looks w/out the black underneath.

And the gunmetal is a darker shade than the stock silver wheel color but definitely not a gunmetal, more of a medium gray and IMO wouldn't look good for a wheel color. Maybe w/ a black undercoat it would darken up to more of a gunmetal but