Linea Corsa Dynas--- opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Omarg35

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Linea Corsa Dynas--- opinions

Well I just wanted to get some opinions and maybe some fitment advice on a trade offer I got on my CV1s.

I'm currently running 20x9 20x10.5 CV1s on my 08 g37s and the trade offer is for a set of 19x10 +43 all around Linea Corsa Dynas (Work Varianza reps)..

First impressions; i dont really agree in going down a wheels size but I love the look of them. With the offset at +43, im not sure if they will clear my brakes (akebonos). And I have no idea if i'll be able to fit a 10" wheel upfront without any modification.

I'm currently lowered on H & R springs, no fender rolling or spacers. I dont mind getting spacers to clear the brakes but I dont really have any intention of messing with the fenders.

And more importantly, I cant seem to find a picture of a g37 coupe with dynas, the closest I have come is on a g35, and this random photo shop pic
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Anyone with any comments/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
No shame in running 19s over 20s. As a matter of fact, 20s are so heavy (esp Vossens) that you're infact downgrading in performance.

Bigger shame in running reps over non-reps. I liken Linea Corsa wheels with Rotas. Just cheap versions of something better.

Also, I hope you're getting cash on top of your trade.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Mattimus
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I ran these wheels on my old accord. They were great wheels for me. Never had a single issue, even with rough, construction heavy roads. Compared to the Vossen's I have now, I believe they were even a little bit lighter (I owned both at the same time before I sold the Dyna's). The lips can be stripped and polished to a high shine like the Work wheels if that's your thing. Ignore the whole 'reps vs OG' argument and get what you like. Different strokes for different folks.

I would verify that they are 10" all around though, last I knew they were only sold in staggered sets. But then again, everything can be custom ordered these days. Also, if it helps, I sold my set with tires and TPMS for about $1100 last year. Might be able to use that to help determine value.
Attached Thumbnails Linea Corsa Dynas--- opinions-accord.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Omarg35

Originally Posted by Mattimus
I ran these wheels on my old accord. They were great wheels for me. Never had a single issue, even with rough, construction heavy roads. Compared to the Vossen's I have now, I believe they were even a little bit lighter (I owned both at the same time before I sold the Dyna's). The lips can be stripped and polished to a high shine like the Work wheels if that's your thing. Ignore the whole 'reps vs OG' argument and get what you like. Different strokes for different folks.

I would verify that they are 10" all around though, last I knew they were only sold in staggered sets. But then again, everything can be custom ordered these days. Also, if it helps, I sold my set with tires and TPMS for about $1100 last year. Might be able to use that to help determine value.
Thanks for the tip, most likely i'll be asking for cash ontop but my rear tires are also shot, his I think are pretty fresh.

I actually really like the look of them on your accord, and can barely tell the difference really between these and the works. If I can get the offsets to match my setup I think I might pull the trigger
the stance on your accord is the perfect amount of "aggresiveness" for me.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Say what you will about reps or original equipment. There are definitely 2 breeds of owners on this site. The ones that own the former are far outnumbering the ones that own the latter.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:54 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I've had linea wheels before. It wasn't the dynas but the lm replicas. Wasn't a fan of the quality. Lip isn't high polished only machined..clear coat peeled really easy.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Omarg35

opinions on a 10" wide wheel in the front?? i dont wanna have to roll any fenders. Also his setup isnt staggard, which im sure will make a difference in my car concerning the ride quality.