NEW Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 03:03 PM
InitialC
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
NEW Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32

Just wanted to give the community a heads up that the LM-60s are being phased out and their replacements are the LM-32s. It seems that quite a few tire dealers are trying to get rid of their existing LM-60 inventory and have mismatches. So, some of them may be jacking up the prices of the LM-60s a bit. I went to Tire Rack and was amazed that a complete set of LM-32s (for the staggered 19" setup) were $994.00! Called in to verify that this wasn't a glitch and the phone rep quoted me $1043.73 shipped to my house or my dealer. So there is a newer and cheaper model of the Blizzaks out that isn't being advertised (from what I can tell).

Check here for more info:
Comparing the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 and Blizzak LM-32 - Motorsport Messages from Marshall | Tire Rack

Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 vs. Blizzak LM-60 - Make Driving Fun with Performance Tires & Wheels | Tire Rack

I hope you all find this useful.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Neal@tirerack
MYG37.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
A bit too early yet to see how they perform long term, but overseas test results are quite positive. Stay tuned!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack
A bit too early yet to see how they perform long term, but overseas test results are quite positive. Stay tuned!
So from what I'm reading they will perform better in the dry than the LM-60's. But what about the snow performance? If it not at least equal or better than the LM-60's then it will not fit my needs. In a winter tire I want better snow than dry performance.

Maybe the Michellin X-Ice might be a better choice for my needs when my LM-60's need to be replace.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
InitialC
Registered Member

From what I read on Bridgestone's site and Tire Rack's site, they changed the compound to improve performance on dry surface, but it would still maintain on actual snow. Like Neal said I guess you really won't know until you try them out. I'm going to get a set in the next few days, so sometime over the winter I'll try and get a review up.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 AM
gugarci

My LM-60's still have a lot of life left so I'm in no hurry. I've bought them in 2009 and they still plenty of thread.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Neal@tirerack

Yeah a bit early yet. However, I expect good things given previous experience with the brand and line.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Loric76
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LM-32's getting installed later today, will post initial thoughts.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM
InitialC
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Loric76
LM-32's getting installed later today, will post initial thoughts.
Just ordered mine...so they will be on by the middle of next week.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Neal@tirerack

Thanks and enjoy!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:26 PM
gugarci

keep us posted on how the LM-32's perform. It's 60 degrees out today and i chose a good day to mount my LM-60's. I'm looking forward to seeing these tires tested by the Tirerack.

Anyway I'm prepared for winter now, everyday this week it was 35-38 degrees for my morning commute. Even after a 45 commute at those temperature my 760's still don't grip well. Although with today's 60 degrees temperature they would of been great.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 PM
JaySin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just put on LM60s this past Friday (in Michigan) / I'm pretty impressed with the noise and comfort level. They are a bit wallowy though when straight-tracking down the highway, but seem to grip fairly well on dry pavement. I look forward to some confident snow driving. I'd probably die on those stock Dunlops Maxx tires.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
gugarci

I use those Dunlop's for 1 year when I had my 08 xS. If you have X you can get by with the Dunlops. But you are always better off going to a dedicated winter tire if you live in an area that snows and regularly see temps below 40 degrees or less in the winter.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:27 PM
InitialC
Registered Member

Initial Thoughts

Alright, I have about 500 miles in on these and have been driving in wet and dry conditions with temperature between 20 - 50 degrees (what can I say, it's Chicago). First and foremost, I'd like to note that they are pretty quiet and sound similar to OEM RE050a, so I don't know how well this bodes for their noise as the tread wears down. The LM-32s appear to be pretty stable at high speeds on dry pavement. I found myself accidentally rolling along at 120mph on the way into work one morning. Out of curiosity, I decided to push them so I sped up to 140 and they held. I didn't feel at all uncomfortable and was able to navigate lane changes through traffic. This brings me to my next thought. I have noticed that they are manageable during lateral movements and around curves at speed, but definitely still have the spongy sidewall we'd expect from a winter tire. When I get on to the corners of the tires I feel like I've lost my connection to the road and I am skating. They are still stable but it makes it a bit harder to detect when/if they are about to break loose. It was a bit disconcerting at first, but I've adapted to them and have gained the confidence that as long as I'm not driving like an anus I don't have to worry about them losing grip on me. I don't really expect any of this to come as a surprise though.

Now they are a bit dangerous IMO, because if you don't remind yourself that they are winter tires the feel can lull you into a bit of over confidence. I tailored my aggressive driving habits back, but on my first day of driving them in the rain they showed me that it wasn't enough. I didn't have any near accidents but there were a few turns where the back slipped out a tad. Again nothing that wasn't manageable, but a definite reminder to respect them and the weather conditions for what they were. Having adapted and smoothed out my shifts and throttle input, I was actually driving a 90mph average speed, on the expressway, on the way to my son's doctor's appointment today while it was raining (yea, I was running late and no he wasn't in the car with me). I didn't have a single slip.

Lastly, I've only had one opportunity to drive them in snow (which became sleet). On the expressway they were perfectly docile (while it was snowing). When I got to the neighborhood streets (that hadn't really been driven) all of the roads were sleeted over and no salt. So I babied my way through. There was minimal slipping and I never had a problem getting rolling again after coming to a stop.

My intent was for this to be a quick "initial thoughts" post, but I got a bit wordy. As the season progresses, I'll put up additional thoughts and experiences.

Last edited by InitialC; 12-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:01 PM
JaySin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally got to drive in the snow on my LM60's (AWD) and they did very well. I'm a little disappointed with the rain traction, but the dry and snow/ice is impressive for what they are. Noise and comfort are both very good too.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Tachyon

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JaySin
I finally got to drive in the snow on my LM60's (AWD) and they did very well. I'm a little disappointed with the rain traction, but the dry and snow/ice is impressive for what they are. Noise and comfort are both very good too.

I can defintely second this. Great over the weekend in the snow and ice (NY) but on warmer rainy days you have to be easy on the throttle around the turns.

Quick Reply: NEW Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32