Finally got quality pics (GTR wheels)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 PM
11SAPG37

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
You're assuming those looks are complimentary.
Yes, Rochester, I suppose I am. I live (and work) in a middle/upper class suburban neighborhood therefore you see stock G sedans left and right, so I think any G that's lowered and sitting on a tasteful set of 20" wheels will attract attention in this area. IMO, the GT-R wheel looks great, and I think many have and will agree with that, which is why I assumed that those looks were complimentary.

There it is.

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited, 11SAPG37, I'm simply contributing an opinion to your thread that happens to run contrary to your best ambitions. Even you have to agree, Newt here has nailed non-OEM wheel fitment. It's a bullseye.

Here are two thoughts to put it in context: One, I still have OEM duckfeet, so what do I know? (LOL) And two, those GTR rims look absolutely fantastic from a flat, perpendicular, side-profile, 18" off the pavement.

Honestly... TO ME, you're coming off as a sarcastic ***** with your doubts based on the "inescapable conclusion" you've reached.

You may be "contributing your opinion" which is fine, whatever, but some positive insight would have been more appropriate.

It's a work in progress, and If you don't like what I am trying to achieve, buzz off.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
I've written more than a few compliments here, as well as some constructive (albeit off-topic) advice. If you want to focus on perceived negatives, that's your prerogative. But be reminded that your originating post asked for strangers to let you know what they think. There were no constraints insisting on positive validation only.

Originally Posted by 11SAPG37
you're coming off as a sarcastic *****
You're way out of line here, boss. Dial it back, please.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 AM
insidiousaudio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
killer
question how bad does it ride now?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:14 PM
11SAPG37

I've written more than a few compliments here, as well as some constructive (albeit off-topic) advice. If you want to focus on perceived negatives, that's your prerogative. But be reminded that your originating post asked for strangers to let you know what they think. There were no constraints insisting on positive validation only.

You're way out of line here, boss. Dial it back, please.
I'm sorry you took offense to my observation, and what is now my honest opinion of you. I didn't start this thread to be patronized in a condescending manner by a member, boss.

If you're in a happy place, that's all that matters. And perhaps you're a better man than I am, OP.
What relevance does this have to GT-R wheels???

Moving on..
Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
11SAPG37

Originally Posted by insidiousaudio
killer
question how bad does it ride now?
Rides the same as it did with my 19's. Can't tell a difference, surprisingly. I would think that 20" wheels and low profile tires would make it ride a lot more rough.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 11SAPG37
I'm sorry you took offense to my observation, and what is now my honest opinion of you. I didn't start this thread to be patronized in a condescending manner by a member, boss.
Why did you start it, then? Because you didn't say specifically, except that you were hoping to get attention. (Which isn't paraphrasing, BTW.)

I'm not a bad guy, OP, so whatever your reasons are for calling me a ***** are your own. But as a general rule of behavior, people who seek attention are not well served by being thin skinned.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 PM
11SAPG37

Why did you start it, then? Because you didn't say specifically, except that you were hoping to get attention. (Which isn't paraphrasing, BTW.)

I'm not a bad guy, OP, so whatever your reasons are for calling me a ***** are your own. But as a general rule of behavior, people who seek attention are not well served by being thin skinned.
Nor am I. I didn't call you a *****, I said you come off as one.
Exactly why I made this thread, though. attention......
Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Your alignment didn't change the fact that it still sticks out an inch. It still does not look good riding low rider style with those wheels sticking out that much. Is it not hitting your quarter panel on big dips? I can't tell if its the picture or the reflection that looks like the lip of the quarter panel is rolled/bent. Can you take more pictures?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:41 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
getting some custom fender flares a-la the B5 RS4 would look pretty sick
Old 09-20-2013, 04:00 PM
11SAPG37

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Your alignment didn't change the fact that it still sticks out an inch. It still does not look good riding low rider style with those wheels sticking out that much. Is it not hitting your quarter panel on big dips? I can't tell if its the picture or the reflection that looks like the lip of the quarter panel is rolled/bent. Can you take more pictures?

Yes it did. They adjusted to -3.4 camber which brought it in significantly. I still would like it more tucked, however, the look doesn't bother me.

Actually I noticed recently that when I go over large bumps the wheel goes into the the fender. It's when I go over slight bumps or imperfections in the road that it rubs if there is weight in the rear.

No roll/bent fender, it's a reflection from the street.

No pics yet.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM
11SAPG37

Originally Posted by aktif8
I wish it was that easy! Would be all over a custom wide body if it was realistic. That would be awesome!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:20 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
obviously a v35..but...whoah..inspiration? be the first!

Old 09-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

This looks all kinds of right. Tough little sedan. The flared fenders come together nicely with that aggressive side-sill.

OP, it looks like you did the Sport bumper swap on your Journey. Did you swap in the Sport side-sills, too?

Old 09-20-2013, 04:25 PM
11SAPG37

obviously a v35..but...whoah..inspiration? be the first!
I'd rather swap my 285's for 275 or 265's, add some coilovers, GTM supercharger and call it a day with the 2k I saved, lol.

It would be cool, but I'm sure a reputable body shop would charge a pretty penny for that..
Old 09-20-2013, 04:27 PM
11SAPG37

This looks all kinds of right. Tough little sedan. The flared fenders come together nicely with that aggressive side-sill.

One of my favorite cars! Wide body looks excellent on the B7 RS4.

Quick Reply: Finally got quality pics (GTR wheels)