Finally got quality pics (GTR wheels)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SAPG37
Just heard back from alignment shop. Problem solved (supposedly). Wheels are tucked but not sure if it will still rub. I havent picked up the car yet. They adjusted the factory cams. No camber kit.
So what did they do? Adjust the height on your springs? Gave you camber with stock non adjustable arms?

Which factory wheels did you have? If they're the duck feet..ya I really don't like them either but lowered with spacers and it actually makes them look way better.

Take some pics when you get her back
Old 09-14-2013, 06:52 PM
sprix

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Please post your after alignment pics- that doesn't look too hot for rear fitment. I hope it is better afterwards.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:51 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Just heard back from alignment shop. Problem solved (supposedly). Wheels are tucked but not sure if it will still rub. I havent picked up the car yet. They adjusted the factory cams. No camber kit.
That's going to be serious camber, I'm guessing somewhere in the -3.5 range, hopefully they can keep the toe in spec. Keep us posted.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:33 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
The Eibachs should give you zero finger gap in the back. How is the alighnment shop able to adjust the spring to tuck along with the nonadjustable camber? Very interesting.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
As much as anybody, I don't have any love for the OEM exhaust tips. But they are stainless steel, and will clean up nicely with minimal effort.

Here's a tip that might seem crazy, but is actually fine for these things. Wash them first, then go over the finish with 4-naught (0000) steel wool, then use a quality metal polish.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:35 PM
11SAPG37

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
That's going to be serious camber, I'm guessing somewhere in the -3.5 range, hopefully they can keep the toe in spec. Keep us posted.
Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse
The Eibachs should give you zero finger gap in the back. How is the alighnment shop able to adjust the spring to tuck along with the nonadjustable camber? Very interesting.

-3.4, and honestly it doesn't look like the wheel is tilted (I like). I'm shocked actually. Toe is good too, according to shop. Steering Wheel stays flat, drives Normal, doesn't rub over bumps.

HoldmyMouse: Factory cams are adjustable. Eibachs (at least mine) have some room between tire and fender, especially with my old 19's; whatever they did it worked fairly well... I'm sure if I put a couple hundred pounds in the back ill be rubbing again, though.

Anyway I'm satisfied thus far, and hopefully the neg camber won't completely demolish my tires anytime soon.

I'll post pics ASAP.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:37 PM
11SAPG37

Originally Posted by Rochester
As much as anybody, I don't have any love for the OEM exhaust tips. But they are stainless steel, and will clean up nicely with minimal effort.

Here's a tip that might seem crazy, but is actually fine for these things. Wash them first, then go over the finish with 4-naught (0000) steel wool, then use a quality metal polish.
I'll definitely try that. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 PM
11SAPG37

My driveway is on a slight slope too..

Last edited by 11SAPG37; 09-14-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
-3.4, and honestly it doesn't look like the wheel is tilted (I like). I'm shocked actually. Toe is good too, according to shop. Steering Wheel stays flat, drives Normal, doesn't rub over bumps.

HoldmyMouse: Factory cams are adjustable. Eibachs (at least mine) have some room between tire and fender, especially with my old 19's; whatever they did it worked fairly well... I'm sure if I put a couple hundred pounds in the back ill be rubbing again, though.

Anyway I'm satisfied thus far, and hopefully the neg camber won't completely demolish my tires anytime soon.

I'll post pics ASAP.
Glad everything worked out! I always thought the camber arm was just one solid piece (nonadjustable) and same with the control arm and only the toe can be adjusted. I'm surprised the toe can still be to spec with -3.4! Your tires will definitely go faster but you can always flip them Gotta pay to play, right?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 PM
maximaseefu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for after pics.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Jealous !

Ughh I hate you, you got the wheels that I have been wanting so bad for my sedan! looks awesome but rear tires are sticking out.. put some negative camber in the back or just get smaller size tires and stretch them or both...

looks great !

BTW where'd you get the GTR wheels? bought new from the dealer or got some source selling them for a good price or anything like that? Need some info on this since I know they're hard to find... today I saw an awesome ridiculously gorgeous blue ( never seen that color before) FX45 with GTR wheels some kind of exhaust ... that was HOT!

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 09-15-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:06 PM
11SAPG37

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Ughh I hate you, you got the wheels that I have been wanting so bad for my sedan! looks awesome but rear tires are sticking out.. put some negative camber in the back or just get smaller size tires and stretch them or both...

looks great !

BTW where'd you get the GTR wheels? bought new from the dealer or got some source selling them for a good price or anything like that? Need some info on this since I know they're hard to find... today I saw an awesome ridiculously gorgeous blue ( never seen that color before) FX45 with GTR wheels some kind of exhaust ... that was HOT!
Some guy put them up on craigslist and I happened to come across them. I know what you mean though they are very hard to find. I have been looking for a long time. Funny because the guy happened to live 5 minuets away from me.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
So do I get bonus points for predicting your camber within a tenth of a degree?
I assume the tires are outside bias, may have to remount them every 4Kmiles so they'll last more than a couple oil changes. Can't wait to see pics & post your alignment printout if they gave you one (and I'd be demanding one in your case). So glad you got the fit you wanted, that's awesome!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM
11SAPG37

Originally Posted by blnewt
So do I get bonus points for predicting your camber within a tenth of a degree?
I assume the tires are outside bias, may have to remount them every 4Kmiles so they'll last more than a couple oil changes. Can't wait to see pics & post your alignment printout if they gave you one (and I'd be demanding one in your case). So glad you got the fit you wanted, that's awesome!
Yep, they gave me a print out. Aesthetically, I couldn't be happier. Functionality, forget about it. My girlfriend went to Santa Barbra for the weekend with some friends and took the camera so I'm waiting for her to get home then I will post some shots.

Do people really run wide tire 20's without ANY rubbing issues as far as carrying weight in the rear??
Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Some guy put them up on craigslist and I happened to come across them. I know what you mean though they are very hard to find. I have been looking for a long time. Funny because the guy happened to live 5 minuets away from me.

OMG so lucky ! how much were they if you don't mind me asking? and what condition were they in?

and also how do you search for these on craigslist ? when I search for GTR wheels all that ever comes up anywhere in the tristate area is 18inch GTR replicas ugh

Quick Reply: Finally got quality pics (GTR wheels)