The Vossen publicity juggernaut

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by BLAIR'N G372012
Where does Vossen have any 1 piece Forged??? I've seen the old line up yet the CV series... if they had Forged I haven't seen them... if so my apology
My bad... I thought you were suggesting that the idea of a one-piece concave wheel in general was new to the market. I didn't realize you meant in the Vossen line.

Bro you Mentioned 2 guys in the SOCAL I run up and Down CA to Sac, SF Fresno LA to San Diego... I've seen a Whole 4-6 cars with Vossen... none were G's...

But Too Vossen Needs to KICK IT UP IN CA...HELLO!!!
Easy. No need to get defensive... Bro. And the 4-6 cars you mention is relative. I am on the East Coast and I have seen one car (in person) that was sporting Vossen wheels. That aside, I'm just saying that Vossen is all over the place and perhaps THE single most popular wheel brand on this G37 forum. As I stated above, I'm not suggesting they're a bad wheel. I just can't believe you think they need to "kick it up." They are everywhere. Every day they have a new car showcased with the same wheels in multiple different threads. There are new videos of different cars popping up regularly and threads updating us on the shows they plan on attending. We really don't see too many other wheels around here besides Vossen. That's all. I think the point of the thread was to stress that Vossen has a great marketing department. That's because they do all this stuff, get people talking, and, ultimately, convince them to buy their wheels. Their marketing works.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
will vossen have custom widths and offsets with the new vps line?
or will potential buyers be stuck with 9j and 10.5j widths and select offsets only?

what would the wheel weight be of say a 20x10.5j vps wheel?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Well P Casey... i'll say this... HRE/DPE and some of the others is all a Matter of Taste...

I looked at The Deep Dish set ups yet they've been around since I was in High School... not necessary those brands but types... just like seeing Avanti, Lexanni go colored... Concave its a somewhat new trend and it's working ... its a matter of taste... I dont like the deep lip... but wanted something different around here that no one has seen... its working ... but I Enjoy My G over any other cars I've owned... Audi, Benz, and Bemmer... i'll pass... but these are my taste of rims like those who run HRE/DPE Volk etc...

For one Im glad we have a Huge Selection... for us all have different taste... if we didnt then we'd all be driving the same styles... :/

Funny on BB... Yes Sir Mission Accomplished
yet very happy!
Too funny.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:35 PM
BLAIR'N G372012

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Sorry to Sound Defensive but really I'm not... I see Vossen all over the East Coast Doing Shows Meets etc... I personally would like them here... or one of their Dealers kick it up... is what I ment... by saying that... you see imports doing it for Honda, Acura etc.. but high line like the G'and Z's make Sense?

Yes Vossen has a great Team setting up the CV line and now the P series...

Though seeing "Diego" and giving him Props on setting his G for display here in the Forums ...Many Wheels post here never seeing them on a G... But Vossens doing what they aren't ... I like to see what I'm buying yet putting on the car...

But like I mentioned "Kicking it up " is just putting Shows and Meets like the East Coast on the West! ...
Again my apology if you took I was being defensive ...

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
My bad... I thought you were suggesting that the idea of a one-piece concave wheel in general was new to the market. I didn't realize you meant in the Vossen line.

I see Vossen here on the West coast very slim... not like they are there... you see the Shows, Meets that Vossen is at and THATS A LOT...Compared to what I've seen here...

Easy. No need to get defensive... Bro. And the 4-6 cars you mention is relative. I am on the East Coast and I have seen one car (in person) that was sporting Vossen wheels. That aside, I'm just saying that Vossen is all over the place and perhaps THE single most popular wheel brand on this G37 forum. As I stated above, I'm not suggesting they're a bad wheel. I just can't believe you think they need to "kick it up." They are everywhere. Every day they have a new car showcased with the same wheels in multiple different threads. There are new videos of different cars popping up regularly and threads updating us on the shows they plan on attending. We really don't see too many other wheels around here besides Vossen. That's all. I think the point of the thread was to stress that Vossen has a great marketing department. That's because they do all this stuff, get people talking, and, ultimately, convince them to buy their wheels. Their marketing works.
The following users liked this post:
WPPJR30 (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Good marketing, props for doing such a good job convincing people to buy their wheels at the price.

Originally Posted by rm2342
Vossens are ugly.. <--- this guy's opinion.
Agreed. All Vossen wheels are ugly and I would never own a set.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
At least it was just a publicity stunt It definitely worked and I wish them the best with the Precision series. Hopefully with the in house manufacturing now, they don't run into the same issue they had the last time they tried entering the Forged wheel market.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM
InspiredMan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can put a price tag and say a box of cereal is a million dollars, doesn't make it true.

an item's worth is what someone is willing to pay for it... and it's not a million dollars.

Good marketing though.