The Vossen publicity juggernaut

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The car is clearly not actually for sale at that price, just some publicity. If anyone actually wanted to pay 1.3 mil for a 458 Italia, I'm sure he'd gladly buy a brand new one and slap some Vossens on it and pocket a cool million in profit.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Ralphie_S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
imagine curbing those wheels.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Jav@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1 million dollars
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 AM
CRV_33
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Have you seen the price for a set of pre-owned set of Vossen's on this forum?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:31 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
So Jav, since you're posting here, can I ask... why?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
how do people not get that its a publicity stunt..... they did it to get people to talk about the vossen wheels and their new VPS line.... geez.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:01 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
how do people not get that its a publicity stunt..... they did it to get people to talk about the vossen wheels and their new VPS line.... geez.
The biggest issue I have with it is that it's a STUPID stunt. It says nothing on why the VPS line is really better, and just shows me that Vossen has no idea how to "price" they products.

I think just a normal release with performance figures would be better than some stunt that has to do with a $300k car and "$1M" wheels.

Why would you get these over carbon fiber wheels? CF wheels are about $15k a set, and Vossen VPS are "1M". Oh wait, it was a stunt. How much do they really cost?

Yeah, a normal release would have been better IMO.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:11 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Its been vossens key to success ever since they started. The have great videos, pics, websites, and it sells. The problem is the wheels dont look as amazing as they do in the photos. I have owned 2 sets, but that was years ago. I think its kind of becoming a joke to some of the hardcore enthusiasts and people who have been around a while. It seems mostly noobs tend to purchase vossens now. But they are a great company and have done very well. I hope the VPS line does well.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
i'm sure everyone remembers the "vossen warehouse heist of 2012" right?

supposedly "numerous" sets of wheels went missing. every forum was buzzing about it, including this one.

publicity....it's what sells.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 PM
BLAIR'N G372012

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
I'll toss my. 02¢ here as well... I Run CV'5s and it has been one Head Turn for another... I'm New with Team Vossen yet Proud to Run these wheels on the West Coast. Here where I'm asked by many Guys ask "What's Vossen"? I have my decals along with my wheels and a lot see me again and go WOW!
West Cost would Do a HUGE Change for Vossen here and Grow more... Though they are a WELL KNOWN EAST COAST, Business ....
As for the Percision Line it Should do quite well for after reading and reading about guys wanting Forged rims... well there is a New Flavor to run with HRE DPE and others...

In Los Angeles, Sac, Vegas I rarely see Vossens Run... Again its to stand out of the Pack and Start being the Leader ....

Vossens doing just that a Concave Forged 1 piece... thats not out in the market that I've seen...

I'll have to save up possibly for a set... though with 6 kids 2 in College i'll just have to save my Pennies...

Team Vossen!

Last edited by BLAIR'N G372012; 07-16-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by BLAIR'N G372012
I'll toss my. 02¢ here as well... I Run CV'5s and it has been one Head Turn for another... I'm New with Team Vossen yet Proud to Run these wheels on the West Coast. Here where I'm at so many Guys ask "What's Vossen"? I have my decals along with my wheels and a lot see me again and go WOW!
West Cost would Do a HUGE Change for Vossen here and Grow more... Though they are a WELL KNOWN EAST COAST, Business ....
As for the Percision Line it Should do quite well for after reading and reading about guys wanting Forged rims... well there is a New Flavor to run with HRE DPE and others...

In Los Angeles, Sac, Vegas I rarely see Vossens Run... Again its to stand out of the Pack and Start being the Leader ....

Vossens doing just that a Concave Forged 1 piece... thats not out in the market that I've seen...

I'll have to save up possibly for a set... though with 6 kids 2 in College i'll just have to save my Pennies...

Team Vossen!
.....aaaaaand

Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BLAIR'N G372012
I'll toss my. 02¢ here as well... I Run CV'5s and it has been one Head Turn for another... I'm New with Team Vossen yet Proud to Run these wheels on the West Coast. Here where I'm at so many Guys ask "What's Vossen"? I have my decals along with my wheels and a lot see me again and go WOW!

Team Vossen!

Lol, my point exactly. " new flavor to run with HRE ". Not gunna happen, they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

Glad you like your wheels! They are pretty nice.
The following users liked this post:
WPPJR30 (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
A concave forged one-piece wheel is not new to Vossen.

As for Vossen being new to the West Coast, not quite. Didn't Doggy and Raul run multiple sets of those wheels?

As for this interesting ad tactic, I guess it is working if we are talking about them. However, if I had an extra million sitting around I would consider paying a deranged Ferrari owner that much to dissuade him from putting Vossen wheels on his car. I'm not saying they're a bad wheel, but... just no.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 AM
BLAIR'N G372012

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
A concave forged one-piece wheel is not new to Vossen.

As for Vossen being new to the West Coast, not quite. Didn't Doggy and Raul run multiple sets of those wheels?

As for this interesting ad tactic, I guess it is working if we are talking about them. However, if I had an extra million sitting around I would consider paying a deranged Ferrari owner that much to dissuade him from putting Vossen wheels on his car. I'm not saying they're a bad wheel, but... just no.
Where does Vossen have any 1 piece Forged??? I've seen the old line up yet the CV series... if they had Forged I haven't seen them... if so my apology

Bro you Mentioned 2 guys in the SOCAL I run up and Down CA to Sac, SF Fresno LA to San Diego... I've seen a Whole 4-6 cars with Vossen... none were G's...

But Too Vossen Needs to KICK IT UP IN CA...HELLO!!!

MAKE A G'FEST Car Show... Something to kick it up in CA... shows here are Later in the Summer fall and a few winter shows... but Still kick it up like they do in FL...
Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 AM
BLAIR'N G372012

Originally Posted by P Casey
Lol, my point exactly. " new flavor to run with HRE ". Not gunna happen, they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

Glad you like your wheels! They are pretty nice.
Well P Casey... i'll say this... HRE/DPE and some of the others is all a Matter of Taste...

I looked at The Deep Dish set ups yet they've been around since I was in High School... not necessary those brands but types... just like seeing Avanti, Lexanni go colored... Concave its a somewhat new trend and it's working ... its a matter of taste... I dont like the deep lip... but wanted something different around here that no one has seen... its working ... but I Enjoy My G over any other cars I've owned... Audi, Benz, and Bemmer... i'll pass... but these are my taste of rims like those who run HRE/DPE Volk etc...

For one Im glad we have a Huge Selection... for us all have different taste... if we didnt then we'd all be driving the same styles... :/

Funny on BB... Yes Sir Mission Accomplished
yet very happy!
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (07-16-2013)

Quick Reply: The Vossen publicity juggernaut