Infiniti Standard Tires that are Fuel Efficient

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 05:59 PM
andy92129
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Standard Tires that are Fuel Efficient

With the standard 17 inch rims, the Infiniti OEM P225/55 V-rated tires are just average. I was reading that Bridgestone recently introduced a line of Ecopia tires stating a 12-percent improvement in rolling resistance compared the company's previous model. They have a calculator on the website that shows over $600 in potential fuel savings.

TireRack did some testing that confirmed the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 may deliver on the promise of being fuel efficient, but I also read that performance wise, they trail when it comes to wet weather traction. If the handling suffers as well, that could be worse.

Has anyone tried using these or something similar like the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max?
Old 06-30-2013, 08:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by andy92129
With the standard 17 inch rims, the Infiniti OEM P225/55 V-rated tires are just average. I was reading that Bridgestone recently introduced a line of Ecopia tires stating a 12-percent improvement in rolling resistance compared the company's previous model. They have a calculator on the website that shows over $600 in potential fuel savings.

TireRack did some testing that confirmed the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 may deliver on the promise of being fuel efficient, but I also read that performance wise, they trail when it comes to wet weather traction. If the handling suffers as well, that could be worse.

Has anyone tried using these or something similar like the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max?
I would think to have that much improvement in mpg & rolling resistance the compound would have to be pretty stiff. Might be a good choice for a non-performance application but for our sport oriented, higher output Gs I think you would be taking away much of what we buy these cars for.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:33 AM
BLAIR'N G372012

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Fuel savings... who's driving these cars while on the Road? Driving Miss Daisy? ?? Fuel usages is based on how we drive our G's... if you have a Lead foot... then there goes the Millage...if you feel Spirited once and a while then again there Goes your Millage.
tires mods etc take play as well... but as most I've read "We didnt buy the G's to be fuel savers" if you wanted to save Gas should have bought a Genesis 2.0 T lol

Keeping proper air in the tires yet with rotation will keep your tires and Car nicely on the road..

If fuel is a factor change the driving habits...

Cruise control on freeways is the G's best bet...

Good luck...
Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Neal@tirerack
MYG37.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
The Ecopia would be a great tire to use for fuel economy with a touring based driving style. May want to check out Michelins Primacy MXM4 as they are also a low rolling resistance option.