Certified Used G37x Sport ...wrong tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
scottp2765

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Certified Used G37x Sport ...wrong tires

I bought a Certified Used G37x Sport from Willow Grove Infiniti here in PA. I have had a few small issues with it. One it makes that booming sound at 60 that is covered under a TSB...they ordered the parts for that. Another is the front license plate holder was put on poorly holes were not drilled properly and the bumper is damaged. But the latest issue I found is just not acceptable. I trusted that a certified car would be good to go. Mine has Goodyear Eagle LS 94T rated tires on it. They are not even recommended for our cars and the speed rating is wrong. A safety issue. I looked up the certified checklist and sure enough on there it says tires must be the correct speed rating. Do you think there is anything I can do about the front plate holes via certification too? There are 4 of them and two were not even drilled the screws for the plate just busted through the plastic from someone screwing them in leaving a jagged mess. My state does not require a front plate and I wanted to remove it and put in plugs. Do you think that could be a certification issue too or is that stretching it? If they don't fix the tires who can I contact at Infiniti to report this?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
What is the original speed rating for the tires on the X models? Yes, if the tires that are on it are not of equivalent or greater speed and load ratings, it is a legitimate issue IMO. You can ask that they replace the tires with adequate ones.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
I agree ^^

See if you can have the dealer repair the front bumper or have it replaced.
Since a front plate isn't required, it would look so much better than plugs.

Worth a try.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:12 PM
hhyder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a used non certified '09 G37xS from a non-infiniti dealer and they put new GoodYear LS2 tires on it. They are horrible tires but I because they are new, it is hard to justify replacing them right away.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:58 PM
CrocodileFace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny... I almost bought my g from them. Went to Holman instead because they seemed shady. Sorry to hear that, hope it gets resolved
Old 05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
scottp2765

Originally Posted by CrocodileFace
Funny... I almost bought my g from them. Went to Holman instead because they seemed shady. Sorry to hear that, hope it gets resolved
They do seem shady...took my G in for that TSB ..tech said they had never done one before.

So far today non one has responded to my complaint of the wrong tires either.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:11 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ BB addressed it, and dragion agreed. so do i. if they put out-of-spec tires on it that is grounds for a claim by you. if you have the CPO checklist with that item approved then even better. more ammo for your case.

let us know how it shakes out for you. stand your ground. even if they didn't put the tires on, they should have caught it during their "inspection" and corrected the non-compliance. this is yet another reason why i don't trust the dealer and their myriad "inspections" that they claim to do on a regular basis to dupe ignorant owners into paying through the nose for preventative maintenance.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by scottp2765
They do seem shady...took my G in for that TSB ..tech said they had never done one before.

So far today non one has responded to my complaint of the wrong tires either.
Best dealer I've ever encountered in over 50 years of driving

I'm on my second G from them.

Name:  HappywithmynewG37S007_zpsb795f530.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  63.3 KB

Worth a trip IMHO

Saved over $5k when shopping for my previous 06 G35 over a dealer just a few miles from my house.

Got a good deal on my G37S also

Telcoman
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
scottp2765

Not so shady after all...

Originally Posted by telcoman
Best dealer I've ever encountered in over 50 years of driving

I'm on my second G from them.

Worth a trip IMHO

Saved over $5k when shopping for my previous 06 G35 over a dealer just a few miles from my house.

Got a good deal on my G37S also

Telcoman
Maybe I was quick to throw out the Shady judgement ....got a reply from an email I sent to the dealer today here it is....

Good Afternoon Mr. Peters,

My name is Stan Chrupcala I am the Parts and Service Director for Infiniti and Audi Willow Grove.

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the oversight of the speed rating on your vehicles tires, and most importantly for the inconvenience in which you have incurred. I am reaching out to you to resolve this issue. We will install four new tires of the proper size and speed rating onto your vehicle. At that time we will also perform the full certification inspection on the vehicle again. In addition I am offering to deliver a loaner vehicle to you, pick up your vehicle, and deliver it back once the work is complete for this particular situation. Please let me know the most convenient time for you so we can arrange to have this service performed.

Sincerely,

Stan Chrupcala
Parts and Service Director

New Tires! I can live with that.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 493 Posts
If they're covering new tires, maybe add a little more and get the exact ones you want.
The following users liked this post:
scottp2765 (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
The lesson learned here is when something is wrong it is always best to make an attempt to resolve the issue with the sales or service manager prior to posting on a public forum
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM
scottp2765

Not really

Originally Posted by telcoman
The lesson learned here is when something is wrong it is always best to make an attempt to resolve the issue with the sales or service manager prior to posting on a public forum
I wanted the advice of the community and didn't post anything not true. That's what forums are about. This is not a review. The shady comment was something i did feel. Just think this dealership is doing the right thing and that is impressive in today's market.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM
scottp2765

wow great idea...thanks

Originally Posted by Jsolo
If they're covering new tires, maybe add a little more and get the exact ones you want.
Will do ....
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
See if you can have a choice in tires, or like mentioned pay a bit extra to get a better overall tire. The stock OEM Goodyear RS-A tires may have the proper speed rating but are a horrendous tire for our higher HP Gs. They aren't a cheap tire (price wise) so you may be ablt to get a much better performance oriented tire for the same price, something like a Hankook, Toyo, Kumho for the price of those trash RS-As. Sounds like the sdealer is stepping up so that's a good thing, best of luck and trust me if they give you an option look for almost anything over those RS-As.
Cheers!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 PM
ErikM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Or you could get a great tire like a Michelin, Continental, or Bridgestone..
I'd look at Tire Rack and make some suggestions to the dealer.. Like a Michelin Primacy MXM4, or a Continental Extreme Contact DWS...

Originally Posted by blnewt
See if you can have a choice in tires, or like mentioned pay a bit extra to get a better overall tire. The stock OEM Goodyear RS-A tires may have the proper speed rating but are a horrendous tire for our higher HP Gs. They aren't a cheap tire (price wise) so you may be ablt to get a much better performance oriented tire for the same price, something like a Hankook, Toyo, Kumho for the price of those trash RS-As. Sounds like the sdealer is stepping up so that's a good thing, best of luck and trust me if they give you an option look for almost anything over those RS-As.
Cheers!

Quick Reply: Certified Used G37x Sport ...wrong tires