Certified Used G37x Sport ...wrong tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Get the Michelin Pilot A/S 3's and pay the difference.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:38 PM
scottp2765

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Really dissapointed in "Certified" pre owned purchase

I will try to get the michelin tires thanks for the advice. I took a ride to the shore this weekend and found that braking from any speed above 80 causes vibration from side to side in the steering wheel and pulsation in the pedal. Going faster than 85 the front wheels vibrate without braking. Doesn't seem to be wheel balance related but rather rotor related. So I started looking online at brake rotor and pad sets. Then I started thinking wait a minute the brakes are supposed to work. This car had a rigorous inspection and any issues were fixed? I know partially my fault for not thoroughly testing the care before purchase. Am I expecting too much? I mean so far I have bad tires..bad brakes....also found a hole worn in the drivers side floor mat...and the trunk mat has some sort of brown stain on it. The car also has a camera mount for a go cam on the sunroof. The car runs well and drives well with the exceptions listed. What do you guys think. I take it in on tuesday to get tires and they said they would re inspect the car. I have not yet told them about the rotors which I think are warped or out of balance. I like the car I just expected it to be right since it's "Certified".
Old 05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by scottp2765
I will try to get the michelin tires thanks for the advice. I took a ride to the shore this weekend and found that braking from any speed above 80 causes vibration from side to side in the steering wheel and pulsation in the pedal. Going faster than 85 the front wheels vibrate without braking. Doesn't seem to be wheel balance related but rather rotor related. So I started looking online at brake rotor and pad sets. Then I started thinking wait a minute the brakes are supposed to work. This car had a rigorous inspection and any issues were fixed? I know partially my fault for not thoroughly testing the care before purchase. Am I expecting too much? I mean so far I have bad tires..bad brakes....also found a hole worn in the drivers side floor mat...and the trunk mat has some sort of brown stain on it. The car also has a camera mount for a go cam on the sunroof. The car runs well and drives well with the exceptions listed. What do you guys think. I take it in on tuesday to get tires and they said they would re inspect the car. I have not yet told them about the rotors which I think are warped or out of balance. I like the car I just expected it to be right since it's "Certified".
There is a TSB for the rotors, might look into that. I wouldn't rule out the wheel balance though. Could be a combination of the rotors and the balance. Good luck, not sure what the CPO designation is supposed to cover, but for the premium you paid for a CPO they should make that car shine inside & out.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
CPO car should not be having any of these issues, apart from the trunk mat as they could technically have just taken it out and never had it in there in the first place.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
How many miles are on this vehicle?
Were brake pads ever replaced without turning the rotors?
If so, both may need replacement along with new tires and an alignment

Telcoman
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 PM
scottp2765

Here is what they did so far. I haven't picked it up as I have a loaner and it is going to the body shop to get the front bumper repaired due to the license plate being installed by two monkeys. Also they are not replacing the mats with a hole in them...said the inspection form I found was old? Anyone have the new one?
I just wanted to inform you with what we have done to your vehicle while it was here so far.
1.We had our detail department and technician work together to remove the camera mount.
2. Verified the vibration while braking, to correct we resurfaced all four rotors.
3. Replaced 4 tires to a 225/50/R18 94V which is the correct speed rating.
4. Performed a 4 wheel alignment to ensure the tires will wear evenly
5. Checked your ECM as well as TCM current part numbers. Of which both have the newest software updates.
6. Performed TSB for the noise you were hearing for the drive shaft.
7. Test drove vehicle various times to ensure quality control. The technician was unable to verify the wind noise you were hearing. No TSBs currently apply to your vehicle.
8. I also spoke to the used vehicle department about your floor mats. The “certification inspection form” you provided us with is not a current version of the Cert. sheet used by Infiniti. It is not required for certification to replace the mats for you. If you would like the mats replaced Stans offer for you to purchase them at cost is still available.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:00 PM
scottp2765

My car has 18k on it.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Well, hopefully at least most of your major concerns have been addressed and repaired to your satisfaction. Interested to hear what tires you ended up with.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Take them up on the offer to purchase a set of mats at cost. That is a reasonable wear and tear item. Ask what their cos on the premium mats are while you are at it! Might be worth the stretch if they are not much more.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 AM
scottp2765

I was thinking I could probably find mats online cheaper than dealer cost.? No.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
I was thinking I could probably find mats online cheaper than dealer cost.? No.
Research the cost of the mats online and find the best price and then compare with the dealers cost...this way you will be sure.

I say, anytime a dealer is giving you a "good" deal you should take it.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 AM
hhyder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my used car had a certain odor from the inside. the dealer hooked me up with a free set of infiniti rubber floor mats. he told me it cost him $125 for a full set. anyways, next day the odor was gone and the car was smelling good and they look good too! i usually get factory rubber floor mats on all my cars since they are easier to clean.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM
scottp2765

I took the Mats for 85$...just the carpet ones....I like those though and the ones in there were pretty bad.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:35 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ smart move. It seems your car is rounding into shape nicely! Too bad about the rough start to the new to you car, but at least the dealer stepped up and owned their mistakes...
Old 06-01-2013, 12:21 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I wanted the advice of the community and didn't post anything not true. That's what forums are about. This is not a review. The shady comment was something i did feel. Just think this dealership is doing the right thing and that is impressive in today's market.
Op you were right to seek advice.
Glad they are stepping up & it's in ink your good to go.
Make them give you a better tire just for the hassle & to show good faith.
4 tires costs the dealer alot less than individual pays.

If ever any issues at delivery, just mark it on the original sales contract.

Good luck, glad they handled it.

4 new tires your good to go.