Suggest rims for me

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Do you not understand ignore? You found an answer ,I supplied an answer and you want to continue on some tirade?

I think we have answered a question publicly you were dying for us to answer and you should walk away as there is nothing more to be said or supplied. The O.P asked for suggested wheels, we suggested ours, you and others made your recommendation and it became some thread about us, where our wheels are made, our marketing and now suggesting to make videos? This is all based on us simply suggesting our product as a paid vendor here?

We will evaluate your feedback, thanks for taking the time to research us and make these recommendations.

Last edited by Mike@Vossen; 05-01-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 AM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
You suggested your wheels and as a paying member I asked for more info about them. Then came your full page rant about having to talk about your wheels. Sorry I asked, next time I have a question I will contact the manufacturing company to avoid the pissing match.
The following users liked this post:
Robert_K (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
Post like that Mike just influeneces me more not to buy your product. Vossen and ADV1 act like they are the "King" of wheels. And to be honest... You're not. You mentioned if I think my wheels are better than Vossens and my answer is Yes. My HREs and my Forgelines far surpass the R&D and quailty Vossen puts into their wheels. When I see a set of Vossen do I think my wheels are better, yes. No different than me seeing a GT-R and thinking that is a better car.

DPE: FYI: That HRE "banned" thread is false. Do a search on HRE's site and you'll find a letter from Alan addressing the calm.

Oh and one last thing... HRE and Forgeline has the best customer service and support I've EVER experienced.
IPL 370GT (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Someone on another forum said Vossen wheels are made in the same factory as Rota. Is that true? I had no idea that Vossen wheels sold for or around 2500$ . That's a lot for a cast sub-par wheel. The designs are nice, aggressive, and concave but the quality concerns me. If you're just going to replace your OEM wheels with another cast wheel, just keep the OEM wheels.

OP if you're looking for higher quality wheels, look into any of the the mentioned forged wheels. Pick the design you like and save! Doing it right the first time will save you headaches and money.

If your budget is 2,000-2,500$ on some wheels, look at the marketplace and find some quality used wheels. Every other month Volks, Advan's pop up for around that price. Often times they include tires and look new. Utilize other forums too. Look at clublexus, the370z, g35driver and my350z. Someone is selling some beautiful HRE's with tires on My350z now... For around the same price of some Vossen's.
Clearly the better choice is The used HRE's.
Robert_K (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Robert I wasn't looking for factual threads I was just showing that it wasn't just a "Witch hunt" for Vossen and that every company gets it rough in the internet world.
Robert_K (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

I picked up my Forgelines for just a little over $4k. And my vendor willl be installing new TMPS and mount/balance my tires.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
I wish I had a 4k wheel budget, but no way would that get along well w/ the Mrs. There's a huge cast wheel market because the majority of us can't set aside that much coin to get the best quality wheels available. Believe me, I wish I could, and drool over some of the pics of those rides that are done "right" from the ground up (Like Robert Ks Epic Z build).

That said, I'm happy w/ my Nutek LP cast wheels, and the change they made to the overall look of my G was pretty dramatic. They aren't lightweight (although not as heavy as a lot of 20s), but seem to be well supported in the spoke areas, balanced easily, and have a nice finish. At the time I looked high & low for a reasonable used forged wheel set and my timing must have been wrong as I found none in a style I liked or the price including shipping was out of my budget.

This is a good thread w/ a lot of opinions being shared. In an ideal world we could all afford top shelf wheels (and other car accessories), but it is what it is, I'm happy so it's all good in my world (at least when my newly-smashed G gets back on the road).
Cheers!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

I understand not everyone can drop $4k for wheels. Hell my HREs were $6k+ and that was a heart breaker. But I went overboard on the Z and I only wanted the best avaiable. There are a lot of good cast wheels availabe. My problems is the knock-offs; Rota, XXM, etc. If you shop around enough you can find Enkei's for around $1200/set. Not only are they less expensive than the knock-off compaines they are a better casted wheel. Knock-off companies like mentioned just produce mass produce wheels to make money. They dont care about R&D, making a name for themsleves, or safety of the owner. I will state I don't think Vossen should be used in the same lines as Rota and etc. Vossen seems to be coming up with their own designs. Lastly, My biggest complaint with cast wheels is sizing/offsets. With most companies that produce cast wheels you're limited to what they produce. I have found it more appealing to be able to pick everything I want when ordering wheels. That's just me.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert_K
I understand not everyone can drop $4k for wheels. Hell my HREs were $6k+ and that was a heart breaker. But I went overboard on the Z and I only wanted the best avaiable. There are a lot of good cast wheels availabe. My problems is the knock-offs; Rota, XXM, etc. If you shop around enough you can find Enkei's for around $1200/set. Not only are they less expensive than the knock-off compaines they are a better casted wheel. Knock-off companies like mentioned just produce mass produce wheels to make money. They dont care about R&D, making a name for themsleves, or safety of the owner. I will state I don't think Vossen should be used in the same lines as Rota and etc. Vossen seems to be coming up with their own designs. Lastly, My biggest complaint with cast wheels is sizing/offsets. With most companies that produce cast wheels you're limited to what they produce. I have found it more appealing to be able to pick everything I want when ordering wheels. That's just me.
Well put^
At least w/ my Nuteks they were still blanks when I ordered them so they were able to custom cut the offsets

Bet you're counting the days now eh Robt. ??
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

I've could've typed more but I'm working off my iPad since I'm travling. LOL Days?!? Hours! I'm in Dubai brother!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Everyone has a budget with wheels. Determining that before you start shopping is the obvious. Each time I purchase wheels I raise the bar/budget a little
My most recent was another set of Volk... My forth set I've owned. The G12 in formula silver double machine. Those are HRE money! I almost pulled the trigger on some HRE P43SC in a brushed finish... Amazing wheels and one of my personal fav's! I keep going back to Volk, always seems the best choice and politically correct for a Nissan.
Robert_K (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
cant blame Vossen for being successful. McDonalds is the largest, food retailer in the world and they serve food that is unhealthy. And the decision process is just as simple, dont wanna eat fast food then drive right on by McDonalds and keep going.

The wheel industry is not what everyone thinks it is... Most companies share the same exact wheels, from the same place with different center caps. Especially for lower end cast wheels. And the same is true for multi-piece wheels. Very few multi piece wheel companies cut their own wheels in house. MHT (DUB, NICHE, FUEL offroad) and COR provide the majority of face cutting. Heck, Rotiform even uses MHT to cut some of their wheels and the list goes on. More companies "middle man" wheels and just provide the marketing and sales.

Personally I will not own a set of Vossen wheels, they are just not my style. I prefer step lip wheels, custom colors, and the ability to choose any specs of the wheels for my vehicle. I do commend them for make good quality wheels, with simple and stylish designs and offer them in applications for a wide variety of todays sport coupes/ sedans.

Anybody here is free to take my comments for what it is, however i have a strong passion for my wheels and have worked in the industry and know what happens behind the scenes. Even my dream is to start my own brand of custom forged wheels where everything is done completely in house, from the CNCing, painting/powdercoating , assembly, sales, marketing, etc.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
Everyone has a budget with wheels. Determining that before you start shopping is the obvious. Each time I purchase wheels I raise the bar/budget a little
My most recent was another set of Volk... My forth set I've owned. The G12 in formula silver double machine. Those are HRE money! I almost pulled the trigger on some HRE P43SC in a brushed finish... Amazing wheels and one of my personal fav's! I keep going back to Volk, always seems the best choice and politically correct for a Nissan.
Voks are a great wheel! But they are sub HRE money. And screw politically correct! I hate that whole "JDM" BS. Most of my Z has USA built/made parts. And I caught a lot of crap for not going "JDM." Personally I think the whole "JDM" fade is stupid. I can understand certain parts but a lot of the USA Made companies product better parts with local & better customer service.

Oh! I might be bias but I support your liking of the P43SC.
Attached Thumbnails Suggest rims for me-image.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
So I'm glad that everyone has had a chance to get their personal feelings about wheels, wheel design, wheel manufacturing methods, wheel marketing, and wheel companies off of their chests. Hopefully that was cathartic for everyone involved in it.

However only a few people have addressed the OP's question of suggestions for a $800-1200 set of wheels for his coupe. If we can get back to the question at hand and anybody can actually help him with that it'd be great, mkay?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So I'm glad that everyone has had a chance to get their personal feelings about wheels, wheel design, wheel manufacturing methods, wheel marketing, and wheel companies off of their chests. Hopefully that was cathartic for everyone involved in it.

However only a few people have addressed the OP's question of suggestions for a $800-1200 set of wheels for his coupe. If we can get back to the question at hand and anybody can actually help him with that it'd be great, mkay?
Enkei RPF1. /end thread mkay.

Quick Reply: Suggest rims for me