Suggest rims for me

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
^ I would love to see your marketing budget. So ironic when a "looking for wheels" or "help me spend money" redicoulus thread pops up... In walks someone from Vossen. I'm not a fan of your wheels but you guys are aggressive salesmen!

I believe the previous question was not answered. I'll ask it for him again. Where are your wheels made?
The following 3 users liked this post by IPL 370GT:
blnewt (04-30-2013), DPE G (04-24-2013), Robert_K (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
^ I would love to see your marketing budget. So ironic when a "looking for wheels" or "help me spend money" redicoulus thread pops up... In walks someone from Vossen. I'm not a fan of your wheels but you guys are aggressive salesmen!

I believe the previous question was not answered. I'll ask it for him again. Where are your wheels made?
Completely agree. They are the best at PR! As mentioned like ADV.1. As a matter of fact I seen Vossen & ADV.1 photos at events and such. Wouldn't surprise me if they are sister companies. Funny thing about ADV.1 is that they are excessively overpriced, they have no in-house production, their wheels are extremely heavy and you have Jordan's history. But taking photos and whoring themselves out they are the best. Just like Vossen wheels. I'm starting to think they find local high-end car owners and cut huge discounts or free photoshoots for more publicity. Because honestly... If I had a $100k, $200k+ car... ANY cast $2k/set wheels wouldn't even be on my list to considered.

I was a fan of ADV1. They are a great looking wheel. But once I dug deep and find out everything, to include wheel failures with no customer service, I was out! I tried to find dirt on HRE and the only thing I could find was a false statement that HRE wheels were banned from a racing series.

OP: Trust me! I've been modding car a LONG time... SAVE, SAVE, SAVE for a true custom set of forged wheels! I wish I did mine first before even building my engine and twin turboing.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (04-25-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 PM
imdbd

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
GT-R Wheels!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL 370GT

Still an unanswered question, guess that part if the marketing dept is slacking.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by DPE G
Still an unanswered question, guess that part if the marketing dept is slacking.
Here is an exclusive picture inside our factory.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 PM
DPE G

It's ok I found it myself.

Vossen Wheels Inc - Importer Profile | Import Genius
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the vast majority, if not close to all, cast 1 piece wheels are made overseas. fact.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
taviooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so, no one wants to share where vossens are made?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 PM
fairladyz34

Taiwain, pretty much everything is manufactured overseas nowadays. we american people dont want to spend money so things get outsourced to a cheaper country. its that simple.

and i make that statement simply subjective to where and why most products, not just vossen wheels or any other wheel brand, are made overseas. vossen has established a great reputation for making simple, clean, stylish wheels with a nice selection of sizes and offsets to accommodate most makes/ models of vehicles.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM
DPE G

Was just a question, lots of marketing time on the Vossens but never seen anything on the build process or background, just a bunch of pictures/videos of the same thing over and over. Just interested in what makes them...them.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
US made, Japanese or German gets my moneys.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 PM
fairladyz34

i feel ya DPE G, i prefer forged monoblock or forged multipiece too. Most consumer dont understand its not a bragging right or cool points, its also about safety. Wheel breaks at speed, car loses control, boop your dead lol
Old 04-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

I think its great you took the time to do research on a brand you will never buy or care for. I love forged wheels, I love Volks, SSR, I had BBS wheels on my other GS until this past month for crying out loud. Working for Vossen does not blind me to my passion for great wheels. We have an absolute great relationship with most reputable wheel companies.

It takes 30 seconds to review certain peoples posts here who have a history of disliking Vossen. That is fine. Not sure though why they want to start some sort of witch hunt worried about where our wheels are made when they have no interest in buying them.

Originally Posted by fairladyz34
the vast majority, if not close to all, cast 1 piece wheels are made overseas. fact.
We are proud of our factories and we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure quality control. Each wheel has a stamp showing where they originated from, Taiwan or Thailand. We add additional quality control on top of the standard quality control to ensure our wheels are built to the highest standards. Our team also personally visits the plants yearly which a lot of companies cannot say they do.

Originally Posted by fairladyz34
Taiwain, pretty much everything is manufactured overseas nowadays. we american people dont want to spend money so things get outsourced to a cheaper country. its that simple.

and i make that statement simply subjective to where and why most products, not just vossen wheels or any other wheel brand, are made overseas. vossen has established a great reputation for making simple, clean, stylish wheels with a nice selection of sizes and offsets to accommodate most makes/ models of vehicles.
Thank you. Look at Apple who made everything in America until the early 2000s and they moved production overseas but still hire plenty of employees here. Infiniti themselves built the QX here in Mississippi in the past and the JX is now built in Tennessee. Infiniti is a marketing effort that doesn't exist in Japan yet. Companies do their best to market and advertise, it is a part of any business and not sure why its an issue here.

Maybe some people have not been outside of the states? This world is huge and some countries are better at some business models than others. Something built in Asia does not mean its poorly made, some of those factories are as good as it gets in regards to quality and production (see Apple again).

Not sure why these 2-3 people are so worried about where we are built like their entire lives and homes are filled with things only built in Japan or the USA. If so I would love to see it and I assume they also live in a log cabin cut themselves by wood here.

I am also proud to say Vossen has grown and we have added multiple jobs during the tough economy, I am living proof and so is Diego. You know people should commend a company for hiring fellow enthusiasts from a forum. Diego was a huge part of this forum before he joined Vossen and his passion led him to a job with Vossen.

If you look at the Vossen store, all our shirts are made in America by American Apparal. Our bamboo cases are made in America by Grovemade. Our aluminum cases are also made in America. When we can we try our best to support here.

As we ramp up for our Vossen Precision series this product line will be built completely in-house by us in the USA. We are proud of this. Guess what we are proud of our overseas production. We are not going to minimize the great job people overseas, this is a world where we continue to get smaller and companies do business on multiple continents. We will hire more people here as we expand. We are proud of this. It always amuses me to see people just bunch forged together. All forged wheels are not built to the same specifications. Not all forged wheels are built in their own factory, many are outsourced to the same companies. So being "forged" does not automatically make a wheel amazing as "cast" does not automatically make a wheel poor.

Was just a question, lots of marketing time on the Vossens but never seen anything on the build process or background, just a bunch of pictures/videos of the same thing over and over. Just interested in what makes them...them.
I have a better idea, just ignore us. Don't pick and choose what marketing you like or dislike. Enjoy your wheels and don't worry what we are doing.

Last edited by Mike@Vossen; 04-30-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

And I woud like to add does your company support you? We pay a mighty fee every quarter to Internet Brands to help keep this forum running. Our marketing efforts have supported owners here with multiple events and meets. We hosted a "G" meet and we didn't care what type of wheels you had, we fed everyone, we welcomed them to our home and we simply gathered with fellow enthusiasts. We just covered the V2 labs meet with video coverage and its not just Vossen content, it showcased everything hot.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 PM
DPE G

Mike, does my company support me? When it comes to wheels yes, but as for events? No, but they are also 2,500 miles away. As far as the JDM guys, I don't think that needs an explanation. But at the same time, does Sky support the community or just the "distribution company"? I'm sure you have plenty of time between shipping to other companies, as you don't even sell to the public. You guys are the middle man at best.

Also I never said my wheels are better than anyones, not once. I simply asked where Vossen was made out of curiousity, I have asked in the past and it is always ignored. From my searching not just myself, or people on this forum, other forums have asked and it always gets side-stepped. I had my assumptions on where they were made but would prefer to know from the horses mouth, and would like to know the build process. You take it as an insult which tells me you have doubts about it, or you would proudly explain it instead of ranting on about people hating on Vossen for wanting to know details about such an involved "company".

You say I would never buy or care for Vossen wheels, let me just go ahead and put up the BS flag and show you something:

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Hey, my wife just bought a 2010 sedan, I have not done much research on offsets, but would like something similar fitting to my setup, nothing stretched but not overly conservative. It is her first set of rims so I don't want to go spend an arm and a leg on a forged wheel and have to cry if it gets a scratch haha. What offsets do you guys use on these and what kind of deals do you have going on them? Not really a fan of the CV1 and the CV5 looks way to close to my wheel. Any pictures would be great too, her car is white so lets see what you got!
Hey Nick, Appreciate the interest. We offer two offsets for the sedans +20/25 which will be excluded since it will sit more aggressive on the sedan than our coupes. +32/45 will be the only other option to go with using 245/35/20 & 275/30/20 or 285/30/20. The sedans look very good with these offsets vs our coupes, sits a lot more flush IMO. We do not sell direct since we have many authorized dealers to quote you pricing. Retail is 2499 for a staggered set of 20s. Dealers will have much better pricing. I do however have a set of +32/45 Polished CV7s sitting in the warehouse with those exact offsets with 235/35/20 Nitto NT555 up front but rears need replacing. If interested i can give you rims alone at **** Shipped. All 4 rims are in excellent condition but one of the front rims has 2 very very minor rashes that are hardly visible which can easily be refinished. If interested text me at 310-6**-7*** for pics. For any other wheels i do have to follow company policy and refer you to one of our dealers. As for pics, please visit our gallery to view the current G lineups with our CV line.

Our Project G sedan has the Polished CV4s that look very good as well. I posted under the Vossen Wheel thread. Thanks!

Vossen Wheels - infiniti / photo gallery

Best regards,

Diego Alvarez
Sooo....there is my interest that never existed...

You gave an enthusiast a job? That is good to know vs hiring someone off the street who has no interest, as that would just be bad judgment on Vossen's par. It's not like you did us all a favor by hiring Diego (that sounds bad but not ment to offend you Diego) just sayin'. I'm sure he enjoys the job as he was a Vossen fan before the job. I've met Diego and a bunch of Vossen guys @ ZDayZ, there was no hate towards the wheels, this is not the Witch hunt you want it to be, just further educating myself on what is out there.

I also do what my part as I am a contributing Premier member, and have been for 2 years, out of the 2 years i've owned my car. I'm not spending as much as you guys, but also am not a profiting vendor. Hard to ignore you as well, as every post about a wheel is followed by a Vossen sales ploy.

Vossen loves to make videos, and assures quality right? Why not make a video such as the one below, to back up these claims. You assume that since someone asks where they are made, they are knocking asian companies, which tells me thats why it is never "advertised" since that is the stereo-type.

Now, I will apologize for asking the deep dark secret of where your $2500 set of cast wheels are made, and by whom. And withdraw my question. We will all go about life praising Vossen for distributing wheels, and look forward to the forged line so we can put you in with the great "group" of forged companies that never get bashed like,

HRE
Issues with HRE wheels!!!! - Acura Forum : Acura Forums

DPE
https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...with-them.html

Rennen:
Beware of RENNEN FORGED WHEELS - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

COR
This Guy's Wheel Self-Destructed And The Company Who Made It Is Blaming Him

Even the big guys take a pounding on the internet, it's not just people singling you guys out. But I guess I'll do my best to ignore the wheel gods @ Vossen. Since you yourself said not all forged wheels are equal, I look forward to the quality and track testing of the Vossen forged series, to see where they stand, and that is ment as positive anticipation, not hate, before that gets misconstrued.

Last edited by DPE G; 05-01-2013 at 12:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joo030879 (05-01-2013)

Quick Reply: Suggest rims for me