Which All-Seasons??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
You can go Website and check the tire sizes. Tirerack will be getting them in may!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 PM
xceebeex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
You can go Website and check the tire sizes. Tirerack will be getting them in may!
I did and when I entered my size it said that they don't have them. I just wasn't sure if it wasn't up to date since they are newer tires.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Neal@tirerack
MYG37.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Of the two originally mentioned, the DWS would be the better all season performer and AS-03 stronger in the dry/steering response.

I would say the survey is pretty accurate concerning the all season ability. If you live in a light to moderate snow climate I think they would perform fine. Anything harsher and I would recommend the DWS. Now you're a step ahead of the game with AWD, but I'm not sure it would be enough to bring that tire near the DWS a/s capability.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM
xceebeex

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack
Of the two originally mentioned, the DWS would be the better all season performer and AS-03 stronger in the dry/steering response.

I would say the survey is pretty accurate concerning the all season ability. If you live in a light to moderate snow climate I think they would perform fine. Anything harsher and I would recommend the DWS. Now you're a step ahead of the game with AWD, but I'm not sure it would be enough to bring that tire near the DWS a/s capability.
Yea, I figured that those survery's are at least somewhat accurate (although still obviously subjective). I have made it through two winters now (last winter wasn't bad at all though), with the ridiculously crappy stock tires Dunlop SP Sport Maxx so any tire will be a step up.

I am kinda liking those Toyo's more and more. I wouldn't mind looking at the new Michelin's, but it doesn't look like they will have this size and I bet they will be almost twice the price.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by xceebeex
Yea, I figured that those survery's are at least somewhat accurate (although still obviously subjective). I have made it through two winters now (last winter wasn't bad at all though), with the ridiculously crappy stock tires Dunlop SP Sport Maxx so any tire will be a step up.

I am kinda liking those Toyo's more and more. I wouldn't mind looking at the new Michelin's, but it doesn't look like they will have this size and I bet they will be almost twice the price.
Keep in mind these Toyos are very new w/ the latest technology (not as new as the yet to be released Michelins though ) so they incorporate all the good that's new in tires and have eliminated a lot of what decreases AS tire performance, here's the specifics w/ this tire if you haven't seen it, and yes, the Michelins will be a bit tougher on the wallet for sure
Proxes 4 Plus | Toyo Tires
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Try the older Michelins A/S Plus..

What is your tire size?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
All-Seasons? Bunch of Yankees in this thread. We run Summer Stickies all year.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 PM
xceebeex

Originally Posted by GTLAW
Try the older Michelins A/S Plus..

What is your tire size?
The stock 18's. So 225/50/18
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Id hold out for the new Pilot A/S in a few months.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

Do you have a photo of those tires installed you could post?

Dave
Old 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
jpg37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just purchased the Conti DWS staggered fitment 245-40-19 & 275-35-19 for my G37X (went from factory 17" wheels to 19" wheels). Two main selling points for me were the non-directional tread (I can rotate side to side) and the tread life. Put them on over the weekend and love them so far.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

Photo?

Originally Posted by blnewt
Keep in mind these Toyos are very new w/ the latest technology (not as new as the yet to be released Michelins though ) so they incorporate all the good that's new in tires and have eliminated a lot of what decreases AS tire performance, here's the specifics w/ this tire if you haven't seen it, and yes, the Michelins will be a bit tougher on the wallet for sure
Proxes 4 Plus | Toyo Tires
Do you have a photo of those tires installed you could post? Didn't put this in the right place before when I posted.

Dave
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by SuperDave57
Do you have a photo of those tires installed you could post? Didn't put this in the right place before when I posted.

Dave
Sure, my car got slammed into last week so it pains me to post pics when it was "untainted" but here's a few

Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Sure, my car got slammed into last week so it pains me to post pics when it was "untainted" but here's a few
Aww, I hate to hear that! They look good, how do they ride compared to summer tires? Aside from performance, is the ride harsher or smoother than say a Bridgestone Potenza summer tire?

Thanks!

Dave
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by SuperDave57
Aww, I hate to hear that! They look good, how do they ride compared to summer tires? Aside from performance, is the ride harsher or smoother than say a Bridgestone Potenza summer tire?

Thanks!

Dave
Should be fixed in a few weeks but the wait will be excruciating
They've been very quiet for such a wide tire, rolling resistance is very good as I haven't taken a hit in mpg going from 245s back there to the current 295s. I would say the ride is smoother, but it's been awhile since I had those Potenzas, my 07 G35 had them and these do ride quieter and should have at least twice the treadwear. I think the treadwear rating is about 3x what the Potenzas were rated at.
IMO these are a great overall tire, dry grip is real good, perform well in hard rain, and I've read they're above avg. in snow but can't say firsthand. For the price, treadwear and overall performance I highly recommend them if you're going All Season. Like I mentioned, Andrew over at Treadepot.com is the guy to talk with, mention this site and he'll hook you up w/ a better deal than what you see on the site.

Quick Reply: Which All-Seasons??