Nitto Motivo Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 PM
xceebeex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitto Motivo Tires

I tried searching and didn't seem to come up with anything. Anyway, has anyone put these tires on their car? I have a 2010 G37xS that will need new tires by next winter for sure, maybe even sometime this summer so I have been shopping around.

I was pretty sure I was going to get the Continental DWS, but them came across these Nitto's. They look a lot nicer, are cheaper and have a 60,000 mile warranty. My concern is snow traction. I live in upstate NY so we can get a decent amount of snow.

Thoughts?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
xceebeex

Wow, I still can't believe no one has an opinion on these or have considered them. Do people here only buy from Tire Rack, is that why there isn't much discussion on Nitto tires? Or did I really just find a tire that no one cares about and never looked in to?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 AM
strictlys

i dont use tirerack. I use tirebuyer.com I recently purchase the dws and love the purchase. The nittos are not bad for the money. Depends do you drive it really hard? I know some people up north that uses them and they get decent traction out of them. I never been really a nitto fan, but I never been a Conti fan either... but one thing I hate about the DWS they tend to have sidewall bubbles easier then most tires I see in the market.
My favorite tire if I had to be stock on my stock wheels again. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. Very quiet
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
xceebeex

Originally Posted by strictlys
i dont use tirerack. I use tirebuyer.com I recently purchase the dws and love the purchase. The nittos are not bad for the money. Depends do you drive it really hard? I know some people up north that uses them and they get decent traction out of them. I never been really a nitto fan, but I never been a Conti fan either... but one thing I hate about the DWS they tend to have sidewall bubbles easier then most tires I see in the market.
My favorite tire if I had to be stock on my stock wheels again. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. Very quiet
I don't drive too hard on the whole, but there are a handful of times that I like to get on it. Ideally I would like something with good wet traction since I don't plan to buy a second set of wheels for the winter and we usually get a decent amount of snow.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Wow, I still can't believe no one has an opinion on these or have considered them. Do people here only buy from Tire Rack, is that why there isn't much discussion on Nitto tires? Or did I really just find a tire that no one cares about and never looked in to?[/QUOTE]

I have a new pair of nitto invo
Good tire but not for winter, summer tires that are excellent in the rain.
Truthfully, you will need a set for summer. & set for winter.
Upstate ny, gets hit bad i have family in Saratoga springs.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Preludator

I just got my front tires replaced with the Nitto Motivo since the Yokohama Envigor are no longer for sale. So far, they feel awesome. they are not summer tires and the grip is little less than summer tires but it makes up for it with quieter smoother ride and less noise. I personally prefer better quality ride as I do not drive mine hard every minute and especially on long trips. The reward is more comfort but still have the performance.
The tires are rated 560 with 60k warranty. lets see how they hold up long term. But knowing how the G eats up tires in front, i doubt it will do more than 30k.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM
9whiteG

I put some on last year. Went a size wider on my G37S. I'm not overly impressed to be honest. I live in San Antonio and any amount of rain makes you feel like you are on ice. Rear end even in the dry weather is all over the place. Treadwear is amazing, and ride comfort is fantastic. Not sure if it's me, but they just don't seem to have the grip my OEM's had. No confidence when I gas or corner hard.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by 9whiteG
I put some on last year. Went a size wider on my G37S. I'm not overly impressed to be honest. I live in San Antonio and any amount of rain makes you feel like you are on ice. Rear end even in the dry weather is all over the place. Treadwear is amazing, and ride comfort is fantastic. Not sure if it's me, but they just don't seem to have the grip my OEM's had. No confidence when I gas or corner hard.
They've got a treadwear rating in the mid 500s, and it's an All Season compared to your summer OEM tires (with a treadwear in the 150 range), so the grip will be significantly less. But they will last about 3x as long
Old 06-09-2014, 11:45 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Preludator
But knowing how the G eats up tires in front, i doubt it will do more than 30k.
Not sure where you're getting that information...I got 53k miles out of my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus and could have gotten 60k out of them. Those tires were rated at 500 tread wear.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by 9whiteG
You should try the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's. Impressive that an "all season" tire out-performs the competition's summer tires in dry and out-classes anything in wet traction. I'm running them now and it's the best all around tire I've driven. The wet traction defies the laws of physics and shouldn't be as good as it is.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:04 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
I've had these (Motivo's) on my G for almost 10K miles now. Very, very happy with them. Quiet but very sporty and good grip. No issues through a very cold winter and they did very well in 5 inches of snow. I'd buy these again in a heartbeat.