Alignment scratched my wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM
SooEasyaMonkey
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
A lesson learned the hard way and I speak from experience. It was over 20 years ago and the same thing happened to me.

Since then, anytime I've brought a car with nice wheels anywhere they're going to be touched, I make the person writing up the work order come out and verify that my wheels are in said condition and put that in writing. Even if you have a scratch or two already, those can be noted and no new scratches should be introduced. If the whole car is flawless too, that should be in writing as well.

Once, one place turned me away saying they couldn't guarantee no damage to my rims, I thanked them for their honesty and left happy.

Another time, I was informed over the phone that a rim was damaged during the test drive of all things. Driver clipped the curb on a driveway edge upon entry. They made a comment on the low profile of the tires, yes it wouldn't have been damaged if a bigger beefier tire was on it, not my problem. They paid over 900$ for a new rim shipped from Japan, refinishing was not an option.

I'm sure you'll do the same from now on.