Low Air In Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Low Air In Tire?

so i have had my Enkei Rims with my dunlop low profile tires for 2 years now with no issues. I woke up this morning and noticed that my front left tire was really low after i felt my car pulling to the left and the tire making noise on the road after leaving my house for a minute. i pulled over and checked it and it was definitely low. Brought it to a gas station and they couldn't find a nail or anything and seemed to think the rim was leaking air from the tire due to the seal not working anymore. I am about to go up to the dealership and have them remove the rim off the tire and re seal it so everything will be set.

I was worried that when i drove on it for 5 mins to put air in it from the gas station i was hoping i didnt ruin the rim. the tire wasn't completely out of air to where the rim was touching the ground but it was pretty low making the car pull to the left and the tire to make noise on the pavement. should i be worried i ruined my rim? i put air in it and it seems to be fine but how should i check the rim to make sure its fine? thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
A thread for this? Unless you decided to hit some pot holes on the way there your fine. However if you have been running the same tires for 2 years I would just buy new tires.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM
qa2152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rim is probably fine. As the gas station suggested, the seal between the tire and the rim is probably leaking and you've probably been losing air in the tire for a week or more and only noticed it when it got really low. Unless you need new tires, just have the tire reseated and you should be fine.