Wheels stolen! Need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 AM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bernz
And this is Miami, whether the economy is good or bad, people will still steal anything and everything.
Summed it up
Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 AM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zod
A) That's the thing this adjustor doesn't seem to want to hand out a check, can I just call the main number and demand a check? Mind you the car is not fully paid off yet and still on a loan.
B) You're right I called them today and they don't do any type of body work.
C) That's what I am thinking, they are being pushy and trying to get me to use their shop (which I heard is pretty illegal). They tell me if I use their shop the wheels have to be stock. So I am thinking if I take it to a shop of my choosing I can put whatever wheels I want, don't need their warranty. It is my car.

Thanks for the info, I am just now starting to catch on to how sneaky INS is trying to be.
That's the way to think. Keep in mind Progressive will do everything they can to lower their loss and pay out less money.
In my opinion, NEVER use the shop the INS company recommends. They have a deal established so the shop will likely cut corners where they can. I would tell them it will only be fixed at the dealer with NEW OEM parts.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can have an independent shop give you an estimate.
You can get an estimate directly from any Infiniti dealership.

I'll be in Miami in a matter of hours .

They didn't happen upon your car, they followed you there.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackvr4tt
Summed it up
Yeah... I guess Miami is Miami =(. Also hard to have your own private garage in the city.

Originally Posted by Vasher
You can have an independent shop give you an estimate.
You can get an estimate directly from any Infiniti dealership.

I'll be in Miami in a matter of hours .

They didn't happen upon your car, they followed you there.
That's what I was told and been thinking myself. Either they followed or it's someone in the building tipping off to thieves. People been having a lot of broken windows here, broke into a van for tools, and 2 days before my incident they stole someone's car. =/ This is just north of Brickell too, nowhere near west. (the hood)
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
while it still sucks, it reminds me of the early 2000s when I still lived in NJ (right across from NYC). for 2 or 3 weeks strait, when randomly hanging out around town we would see a lot of civic's sitting on cinder blocks with the 2 wheels on the curb side stolen, but not on the street side. maybe so people driving by wouldnt notice? it was pretty comical though, bunch of mid to late 90s civics sitting on cinder blocks just on the curb side. silly thieves. keep us updated how progressive treats you. i have them too and my agent has warned me about tampa having a very high rate of problems too when i got the car insured =[ hopefully i dont have to use them but good luck bro!

edit; just came across this... ridiculous... wheels locks basically useless i suppose.

Last edited by G37Some; 09-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This has been attempted three times on my 2 s coupes In fort lauderdale...one time they made off with the wheels and the other two times....well lets just say I beefed up security at the house...when they did make off with the wheels geico and sawgrass Infiniti determined it to be about 7500 in damages...I was left sitting on the rotors...sawgrass did all the work with all new parts..good luck man, I know what a pain in the azz this is to deal with. We should make a support group! Lol.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
ryko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I live in NYC, I invested in these wheel locks, $400 for the set.

Rimlox | The New Era In Rim Security

You get a custom key to carry with you on your key chain.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 PM
ai3j50

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
^ i think i may have to invest in those...
Old 09-28-2012, 01:59 PM
frank.leon002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the insurance won't cut you a check. What you do it you take it to a shop let's say Miami chassis.. they will make an estimate and send it to your insurance company. It will probably be more expensive then what it would have cost them but they the shop itself will call the insurance adjuster so they can see where the extra charges are comming from. Reputable shops are more expensive because they only use oem parts. Like Miami chassis from personal experience I dealt with them they also guarantee the work for as ling as you own the vehicle. . The shop your company wants you to use will be cheaper because they more than likely will use after marker parts . If they are available and that is why they will quote you cheaper and they is also why a car comes out of a body shop and you spit misaligned bumpers and fenders. That is what I've come to notice with the few times I've dealt with insurance companies and body shops. Just call up a shop other than the one they want you to use and explain the situation. Ask about oem parts and what they use. Hope this helps.