Help Can i put a 20x11.5 +25 rear wheel on a G37S Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:48 AM
SoulSeeker

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Can i put a 20x11.5 +25 rear wheel on a G37S Coupe

I want more meat with some lip but i don't want run into any problems hitting shocks or coilovers and does anyone know if i will run into any problems or if someone can get the measuring tape out with there current wheels specs with offsets and let me know how many MM's there is between your inner lip edge and the shock
Old 09-07-2012, 03:54 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Using the wheel tire calculator on top of this page you get:

Inner Clearance: 5.4mm less
Outer Position: extend by 45.4mm

With respect to the OEM rear wheels, don't think you can pull it off without looking weird
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 AM
SoulSeeker

the thing is i was running a 10.5 +15 before and i liked the way it looked i had a 255/35 stretched on it not to crazy of a stretch but i couldn't fit a wider tire on it, i want that look but with a 11.5 rear and a 275 so i can put more meat to the road with a aggresive look
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Anything is possible. Better consult with the stance guys in agressive offset thread.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
I don't see it working without major stretch and camber at least. Look in my albums I'm running an 11 +38 and your talking about a setup that's 30mm more agressive. I'm running 285s and in spec on camber, if you can pull it off you will be user aggressive.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Why would you wanna stretch your tires that much? Would an 11.5 inch rim even fit in the wheel well without scraping the inside?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
SoulSeeker

its a slight stretch not a major one i want to be aggresive but also have some meat in the wheel well
Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
SoulSeeker

see this is where it can be tricky a 10.5 +15 offset and a 11.5 +28 offset have the same outside clearance or poke but the inside i will be gaining 26mm more so there for i can put more tire inside the wheel well with a slight stretch like i had before, i can do it since your running a 11 +38 i would actually have 4mm more inside clearance then you , so thanks DPE, i will be attempting this soon and math was my worst subject go figure ,lol
Old 09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Im running a 19x11 +45 with a 305 and Im dont have even a fingers width on the inside to one of the suspension bolts. Also my stock TPMS face inwards and Ive had both of them hit my coils on big bumps when my suspension gets really low on bumps. Might work but itll be really pushing it. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm running those same size wheels in the rear in the negatives so it will work easy. I don't see why everyone is stuck thinking these high offsets are so aggressive
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 PM
DPE G

Nothing against your style but not everyone likes their rear wheels cambered to ridiculous amounts, call me a "hater" but I don't see the point. There is pushing the limits, and pushing too far, I'm not going to argue who's right and wrong, as it's just a preference, but I don't see why you have to dislike when people aren't going double negatives. I think to a point the aggressive offsets look good in pictures, but for functionality there are limits.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He asked if it would work, so tr answer is yes it will work. I don't know how it is over where you're at, but down here at the shows, if you're rocking weak wheels and full sized tired nobody is going to look twice at your car. As for functionality what is the definition of that, my car functions for me, I'm not going to the track, I daily drive my car. I even go through the canyons sometimes and it drives the same as it always has, if you mean going slow on the streets, I see many people with "functional" cars that are low and still go sideways over bumps, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If youve never done it then you don't truly now how it is to run a setup like this and you won't know how it functions. Everyone that talks snack about it hadn't ever tried a setup like mine. So you can't talk about something you dont know
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
SoulSeeker

I agree with both of you but i like to be in between aggresive and flush, its the car game everyone has different taste and styles i like to appease both sides so i get no haters ,lol
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
DPE G

Originally Posted by Doggy
He asked if it would work, so tr answer is yes it will work. I don't know how it is over where you're at, but down here at the shows, if you're rocking weak wheels and full sized tired nobody is going to look twice at your car. As for functionality what is the definition of that, my car functions for me, I'm not going to the track, I daily drive my car. I even go through the canyons sometimes and it drives the same as it always has, if you mean going slow on the streets, I see many people with "functional" cars that are low and still go sideways over bumps, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If youve never done it then you don't truly now how it is to run a setup like this and you won't know how it functions. Everyone that talks snack about it hadn't ever tried a setup like mine. So you can't talk about something you dont know
I'm not worried about what people at car shows are saying, as I enjoy my car just how it is, I have ridden in both styles and yes I can talk, You can tell a huge difference between the two, I don't know why all of the people running aggressive get so bent out of shape that not everyone loves their style or is riding their nuts about it. I've seen a few people running super aggressive sets on this forum alone who got bent, and blew a thread up over people not diggin it. I said to begin with that it would require stretch and camber, I never said it would not work. However if you want to get technical the yes it will work if you use improper size tires and way out of spec camber. What will the end result look like...well thats a matter of opinion.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
The 11.5 with +25 will work but you will be stretched and cambered! Up to you if you want to go that route. On a 11.5 I would run a 285/30/20 with a +45 or a +40 With 275/30s but that's just me. If you go this route with 11.5 +25 no doubt you will be running more than -3 camber!

I am currently running +15 10.5s all around but I almost will never Recommend this as a first option for a DD. It will work YES! but based on my preference I would go slightly less aggressive with more rubber and less negative camber for a flush look yet still within factory camber specs as well as a wide meaty tire.

Seeing DPEs car in person he achieved just that, much respect to you man and you're car. If it were me I wouldn't touch those 11.5s with +25s lol, but that's just me!

Just know the look you're going for and know what to expect going this route. If you really want the "Stanced out hellaflush look" pick these up. Keep in mind ( serious negative camber! & Stretched tires! )

Quick Reply: Help Can i put a 20x11.5 +25 rear wheel on a G37S Coupe