Help Can i put a 20x11.5 +25 rear wheel on a G37S Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
And as usual people with no experience with aggressive setups will keep continuing to talk smack on it. It's ok doesn't bother me, at the end of the day I take my car out to shows, my car is designed for how I want it too look. And as I said its not a track car, is my daily driver thats still quick for daily driving. I know a big group of peoole here with cast wheels and meaty tires that I'm my opinion look retarded. But hey that's why everyone has a different style. And Sam your comment makes me lol, the answer is yes it will work end if story. He didn't ask will it work with factory camber and full sized tires, he asked will it work. Anyways you guys have fun riding your weak tucked cast wheel setups. At the end of the day if you put a car that's "functional" next to mine nobody will look twice at your car. And if you're tacking your car then you're better off buying a different car. Back to op, throw it on and show everyone what's possible
So if your saying someone with a turbo g with an amazing paint job as well as other unique exterior mods but with normal offsets they will pay more attention to yours??

Kidding man, I know what your saying.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Different strokes for different folks
Old 09-08-2012, 03:11 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Doggy before you talk to much 'ish about cast wheels, lets not forget...how long did your rock your Vossen CV1s? And the replica Top Secret kit....? You traded your ill fitting kit for ill fitting wheels, and a bumper and headlights missing pieces... I understand you have your own taste and think it's a show car, but if I were at a show and saw a car just missing pieces I may look at it twice but that's not necessarily because I think it's great. You may not like offsets that keep the car within spec, and allow it to be used for purposes other than show. I plan to take mine to ZNationals this year, and Zdayz again next year, the car is a driver's car, and I enjoy it, not because I need something super fast to enjoy a track or heavy mountain driving, but because it can. You like to go to shows and let your car sit there, by all means let it sit and look pretty (in your eyes) and if it pleases you great, but why hate on everyone who doesn't like it. I enjoy looking at aggressive setups, but there is a point of pushing the limits, and pushing to far, I personally do not like yours or VAs cars, and think they look like an old school mexican ride's. The only saving grace is that you both went with decent quality wheels for a change. It "fits" great, but there is a difference in fitting in everyone minds...

Conservative - Fits

Semi-Aggressive / Smedium

The Two Most Aggressive G's (Please tell me your clothes at least fit better?)

OK now get your panties out of a wad, and for the OP, sure anything will work, as long as you don't care what the end result is.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dpe you can talk all the smack you want, for whatever reason. I don't think I mentioned you once, or called your car out once. But since you want to go there, in my opinion your car isn't the show stopper either. Looks like every other guy that painted their headlights and threw on an aero kit. Yes dpe makes your wheels but their hideous. At the end of the day me and va are happy with our rides and really don't care what people like you have to say. I'm the one getting features and awards.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
If you'd like to speak with that logic, then true, you take a very hot woman with minimal clothing to a gay bar and no will look twice at her either, it's all about the crowd
haha sam. great analogy!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Dpe you can talk all the smack you want, for whatever reason. I don't think I mentioned you once, or called your car out once. But since you want to go there, in my opinion your car isn't the show stopper either. Looks like every other guy that painted their headlights and threw on an aero kit. Yes dpe makes your wheels but their hideous. At the end of the day me and va are happy with our rides and really don't care what people like you have to say. I'm the one getting features and awards.
I never said I had a show car, YOU DID, you can get all the awards you want and features, Just remember...these cars got awards too...keep up the good work slick. I threw on the aero kit because it fits, like you did too aparently, and VA, why? because it FITS, and I'm sorry you think my wheels are ugly, because coming from someone like yourself who has such great taste in wheels, it really hurts deep down ya know? lol!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I'm the one getting features and awards.

so, what you're trying to say is that because a 4-6 person panel of judges said they like your car better than the rest of the cars at said car show, that your car is better than everyone else's and that everyone else outside of that small panel of judges would prefer your car over all else? Ok, i guess.

At the end of the day me and va are happy with our rides and really don't care what people like you have to say.
and yet you're taking all of this very personally.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:30 PM
SoulSeeker

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I didn't want to come to this boys , lol wheel conversations always lead to a battle and people bringing out smedium shirts and **** , lol , thanks for a good laugh fellows

Let me Break it down for you Doggy lives in the Cali scene and those ****'s roll hard, most car trends start in Japan and make there way over here. It's all about how wide and low of an offset you can go while still being able to drive the car.

Most people would look at DPE's car and be like that looks great and he could go lower or more aggressive with his offsets but thats people's opinion. DPE has wheels that cost in upwards of 5000 now most people would not spend that much on wheels with them almost being 1/4 of what some of our car cost's but this made him different , i think we all do something to try to make us different from the rest but we do it in our own ways. Stretch tires and meaty tires people will always argue its a past time now.

Motivate don't hate on people regardless of there decisions, give them the facts and let them make there own mind up!

We all build the car for ourselfs everyone's understanding of aggressive will vary mostly because of what we have been exposed to in our local car scene.

Example A: Stock S6 Sedan would get alot of attention in the midwest where they don't see to many of them in NY and CA and FLA no one would look at that car twice

Example B: Another Audi now with DPE SP SC5 wheels (Same as DPE G) with aggressive fitments and dropped

this car would get ton's of looks and i am sure some haters but mostly complements because the car looks dope

Last edited by SoulSeeker; 09-09-2012 at 01:00 PM.