What's the best way to purchase custom wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
chiefrock
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What's the best way to purchase custom wheels?

Hello, fellow G37 owners. I have a moonlight white 2011 G37x coupe w/out the sport package. I am a newbie to car mods and I want to start small, so I just want to get some custom wheels first. I am thinking about 19" x 8.5" Stance SC-5ive Matte Silver Machined. I don't want to stagger them, or lower the car, or change the camber right now.

What is the best way to go about purchasing and having custom wheels installed and balanced? Also, since I live in the Chicago area, I will need to have the custom wheels removed every winter. How should I plan to do this?

Any advice from more experienced owners would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Have the tires and rims shipped to your place of choice. They'll mount/balance them, then you bring the car to have them put on the car.

My next tires will be the michelin pilot super sport (probably in a 245 all around). For winter you use snow tires. This last winter was a fluke around here, I only had mine on for a month before reinstalling the summer tires back on.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM
chiefrock
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the advice. That sounds simpler than I thought.

The weather people told us this was going to be one of the worst winters in recent memory and it snowed maybe twice. I was disappointed that I didn't really get to take full advantage of the AWD.

Do you have a favorite place that you like to take your car, or do you do your mods yourself?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
I bought my snow wheels/tires from discount tire. Stopped in, made a down payment, they ordered the wheels/tires, received them, mounted/balanced, then called me. Picked them up in a different car. Two went in the trunk, two in the back seat. They stayed in the corner of my garage until mid january. I have a floor jack/jack stands that I used.

The only mod on my car so far are sway bars, which I installed myself with all 4 corners of the car on drive on ramps (and no, i didn't drive onto 4 ramps at the same time ). I don't plan many/any other mods for now, but yes, most times I try to do it myself. Being that you're the next town over, i'm happy to offer advise, but I will not put a wrench to anyone else's car (bike) but my own.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Neal@tirerack
MYG37.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
You can see the complete list of wheels we have available for your vehicle at: Search Wheels by Vehicle at Tire Rack Simply enter the specifics on your vehicle’s make, model and year, and my site will display every option we have available that fits your vehicle properly.