TE37 Tokyo Time Attack (TT)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 12:53 AM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
saw your new set up with the new front bumper... sick looking bro!!! one of a kind unique design set up you got there, specially with your wheels man...

yeah, the 245/40 definitely feels nice... one of the first things i noticed was the comfort... i was on the 225/45 stock set up before... suspension and tires in the 245/40 go perfect with each other there, solid and stiff but comforting...

Appreciate the compliment yeah i'm very satisfied with my G setup everything is flowing nicely.

Right, I was thinking to use the OEM tires which are 225/45 but I was like hell naw that chit is wayyy to tall! hahah btw thanks for contributing your setup to the community; it will really help us "other" people with the direction we want to go. I know Warat has his wheel setup finally answered
Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
it sure did help a lot OP.. ^^ what he said.

As far as $$ goes, I can't pull the trigger coz there's no bullet in there.. LOL..
Old 03-03-2012, 01:57 AM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huwee06
Appreciate the compliment yeah i'm very satisfied with my G setup everything is flowing nicely.

Right, I was thinking to use the OEM tires which are 225/45 but I was like hell naw that chit is wayyy to tall! hahah btw thanks for contributing your setup to the community; it will really help us "other" people with the direction we want to go. I know Warat has his wheel setup finally answered
haha... yup, really tall...

i was thinking in swapping my stock rears, 245/40, and placing those in the front since i was gonna go with that set up up front and just purchase two rears, 285/35, stock brand also... but 245/40s only had at most 5k miles left on them before i would have to buy new ones again hence risking any damage from removal and mounting new tires all over again... just got new ones all around and left stock ones on stock wheels for emergencies and not have to worry about tires for a while...

thanks man... glad i have been able to contribute to the community with my set up... however, i shouldnt get "all" the credit for my wheel and tires set up... now that we are on the subject, i should thank two particular individuals who helped with countless emails, pm's, and back and forth conversations over offsets and fitment based on the particular set up that i wanted... 19's, beefy tires, and exact flush fitment while still getting full performance and proper camber specs from my set up...

I want to take the time to thank Bill (WPPJR30 - http://jdmphasis.blogspot.com ) for the countless back and forth conversations we had over almost a 6 month period... never met him but a pleasure to speak with... really learn a lot from him... as you guys all know, he has made changes on his G for pure pleasure and performance...

I also want to thank Lou from Amplified Motorsports for getting my wheels as well as for answering countless of related wheel and fitment questions throughout my research... these guys are top notch when it comes to modifying our G's... pure knoweldge, as they too own a sick G... THANKS GUYS!!! ... they deserve some credit themselves... took almost a year worth of doing homework and research but was all paid of... really helped transform my IP!!!

As you guys were able to see, i got exacty what i wanted as i explained before i got my wheels mounted... exact fitment and flushness while still getting performance, within camber specs, and rubber behind the wheel...

Again, thanks...

German
MyG37.com ---> frty9rsfn

Last edited by frty9rsfn; 03-03-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
I want to take the time to thank Bill (WPPJR30 - www.JDMphasis.com) for the countless back and forth conversations we had over almost a 6 month period... never met him but a pleasure to speak with... really learn a lot from him... as you guys all know, he has made changes on his G for pure pleasure and performance...

I also want to thank Lou from Amplified Motorsports for getting my wheels as well as for answering countless of related wheel and fitment questions throughout my research... these guys are top notch when it comes to modifying our G's... pure knoweldge, as they too own a sick G... THANKS GUYS!!! ... they deserve some credit themselves... took almost a year worth of doing homework and research but was all paid of... really helped transform my IP!!!

German
MyG37.com ---> frty9rsfn

Thank you for the kind words, German. I was/am happy to help. I'm glad you ended up with a great set of wheels that met all your requirements. Enjoy them.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 PM
frty9rsfn

quick update...

on 19x10's with a 285/35, i was rubbing in the rear on big bumps and turning up into driveways... thought it was on just the fender liner but as i was going up my driveway, i decided to put it in park and take a look as i was hearing it... and tire was def rubbing on the rear bumper bracket...

hard to see with this pic, only one i took btw, but you can see where it was rubbing...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 AM
frty9rsfn

so i decided to take to Lou from Amplified and had Ken do some little bumper bracket trimming...

Ken did and awesome job!!! he trimmied it to the bolt and eliminated the rubbing i had going... this was the end result...

Passenger Side result...

Driver side result... Ken also closed the famous bumper and fender panel gap on this one..

mean while the wheels were off, I also decided to stiffened the rear to 12 clicks and it rides and handles even better at this setting... really liking the stiffer rear man (no homo)... haha.. and no rubbing anymore...

what a quick and easy fix...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
frty9rsfn

just for reference...

1. wheels are (f) 19x9.5 + 22 and (r) 19x10 + 35
2. im on beefy 245/40's and 285/35's on 19's...
3. 26 inches from the ground to the fender all the way around...
4. camber specs are -1.25 in front and -1.50 in rear...
5. some bumper bracket trimming needed with 285's... but no complete shave required even at 285's...
6. no more rubbing... and no modifications needed

Last edited by frty9rsfn; 03-07-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
jsp872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i noticed something on your Tokyo Time Attacks TE37's vs TE37 SL (Super Lab)
The TE37SL's look like they have a slight concaveness to them, where as the TE37 TT's do not...

Is this due to the offset and the width of the wheel?
or just something TE37 TT decided to do?

Last edited by jsp872; 03-07-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by jsp872
i noticed something on your Tokyo Time Attacks TE37's vs TE37 SL (Super Lab)
The TE37SL's look like they have a slight concaveness to them, where as the TE37 TT's do not...

Is this due to the offset and the width of the wheel?
or just something TE37 TT decided to do?

that is the design of the TE37 TT... there is a slight concaveness but not very noticeable... the design actually shows th depth of the wheel at the center and as the spokes end towards the lip like they dissappear or a deep effect... this make this wheel very sharp looking... will see if i can post a pic that shows what i mean... kinda have to see it in person bro... have gotten lots of compliments on the wheel and on the deep design effect... looks awesome bro...

the front offsets is agggresive to some... 9.5 + 22 and the design/style is the same as in the rear... even with that width and offset...

its the style of the TT... not as concave because it has more lip than the SL... the SL doesnt have a lip in the front at all... and the front lip on the TT is almost as big as the rear lip on the SL.... the amount of rear lip on TT is a good amount...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
frty9rsfn

best shot i currently have that kinda shows what i mean of the deep effect... the side view of this plus the design of the lip (lip goes out at a bit of an angle) makes the TT what it is... i love the design of the wheel...

^^^ this, plus the stickers, just completes the TE37 TT to what it was design to be... need a photoshot!!! haha
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
jsp872

NICE!! thanks for your feedback!!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM
WPPJR30

NICE!! thanks for your feedback!!
I am assuming you are comparing these wheels to the SL's you are seeing on other G's, correct? That is why the SL's appear to have more concavity. The 19" SL's are only available in 10.5" (+22) or (+12) and 11" (+23) offsets. If German's rear offset was +22 you would see more concavity and it would resemble the TE37SL.

The Tokyo Time Attack is reminiscent of the LE37 that Volk Racing discontinued a few years back. It is the same design as the TE37 with a polished lip.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:40 PM
jsp872

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I am assuming you are comparing these wheels to the SL's you are seeing on other G's, correct? That is why the SL's appear to have more concavity. The 19" SL's are only available in 10.5" (+22) or (+12) and 11" (+23) offsets. If German's rear offset was +22 you would see more concavity and it would resemble the TE37SL.

The Tokyo Time Attack is reminiscent of the LE37 that Volk Racing discontinued a few years back. It is the same design as the TE37 with a polished lip.
Would I have to run stretched tires, on 19"x10" +22 Tokyo Time Attacks ??? dropped on eibach pros
I love the flushness of German's rear wheel & tire combo.
I will be going for a performance minded set-up, like German did, but would love that concaved rear wheel.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
WPPJR30

Would I have to run stretched tires, on 19"x10" +22 Tokyo Time Attacks ??? dropped on eibach pros
I love the flushness of German's rear wheel & tire combo.
I will be going for a performance minded set-up, like German did, but would love that concaved rear wheel.
The Tokyo Time Attack does not come in a 10" (+22), only 10.5". To answer your question about stretch, no, you will not have to run a stretched tire. I am currently running a 19x10.5" (+22) rear wheel on a 275/35/19 tire and my car is lower than an Eibach PK drop. For what it's worth, though, I could not have fit a 285/35/19 back there.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM
D_Rek

Wow, i like how it came out. nice job.

Quick Reply: TE37 Tokyo Time Attack (TT)