JACKED! RIMS & TIRES...Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
gbreeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InvaderXiN
Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a garage.
But people are fortunate enough to own a 50k car with rims on it? Yea, sounds like dude was real poor. Get real, people have their priorities messed up. If you dont own a home or at least rent a place where there is a garage you may want to reevaluate what you are doing. You don't buy that type of a car with no garage, let alone with 5k rims on it.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 PM
InvaderXiN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gbreeze
But people are fortunate enough to own a 50k car with rims on it? Yea, sounds like dude was real poor. Get real, people have their priorities messed up. If you dont own a home or at least rent a place where there is a garage you may want to reevaluate what you are doing. You don't buy that type of a car with no garage, let alone with 5k rims on it.
Reading comprehension must escape you, because they were OEM factory wheels that got stolen.

Here, read it again.

Originally Posted by ClassySassy713
So, I woke up this morning and my car was jacked! ALL tires and rims were gone. I'm not sure if wheel locks were present b/c i couldn't locate a key in the first aid kit, nor the pouch containing the manual. WTF?! Is this what's hot in the streets? Infiniti stock/factory rims?? I guess...I filed my police report and insurance claim upon discovery. I do have comprehensive insurance so I'm not too worried, but will they really give you 5 RACKS to replace tires and rims? The Infiniti Parts rep told me sometimes the ins. co. will try to get you refurbished rims, but new tires. This blows!
And living in an apartment complex has nothing to do with being poor. It is not uncommon to own a nice car and still live in an apartment.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:43 AM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Name:  A2MTi.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  23.2 KB
Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 AM
t_hart

made my f****** stomach hurt, sorry that happened to ya.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 AM
demonmarcus

What's up with the hate? There's places like New York where a lot of nice properties don't come with a garage. You would know if you'd ever get out of Ohio Can happen anywhere.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 AM
ClassySassy713
Registered Member

I do live in a nice neighborhood, in an apartment complex with garages attached. However, my unit doesn't have a garage. I was told it would be an extra $100/monthly to transfer to a unit with the garage attached. It's definitely an investment to think about. However, I was reading last night about the Viper tilt alarms that you can purchase. But as soon as I was convinced that's what I needed, someone commented that all the crooks have to do is jack the car up at the same time to avoid any tilt.

The Infiniti parts manager ordered me two sets of locks for my new wheels and he's going to get me the rims from the 2012 G37! I have a 2008. I'm just waiting on the adjuster to cut me the check.

I'm also thinking of getting the Viper alarm with the motion sensor to tell someone BACK THE F*CK UP when they get too close. I just need to make sure I take it to an authorized installer because I don't need my electrical systems f*cked up too!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Mt.Fugi

Lowlifes will jack your chit anywhere! They have no boundries, IMO nicer areas kinda make it easier for them because no one would suspects this to happen in such place and leave it vulnerable for the taking.

Try bestbuy? All you need is the proximity/motion sensor attachement no need for tilt sensor it deems useless as already explained how to bypass it haha

Sticking with factory wheels huh? I would've done otherwise and buy the TE37TT
Old 11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If you are looking for an alarm install in Houston call Sal at Sal's Autosport on 29 0@ BW8. He has worked on many of our local G's in Houston and can get you any alarm and install at a fair price.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
damn sorry to see that man. pisses me off when i see stuff like this.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Reading comprehension

Reading comprehension must escape you, because they were OEM factory wheels that got stolen.

Here, read it again.

And living in an apartment complex has nothing to do with being poor. It is not uncommon to own a nice car and still live in an apartment.
Originally Posted by ClassySassy713
So, I woke up this morning and my car was jacked! ALL tires and rims were gone. I'm not sure if wheel locks were present b/c i couldn't locate a key in the first aid kit, nor the pouch containing the manual. WTF?! Is this what's hot in the streets? Infiniti stock/factory rims?? I guess...I filed my police report and insurance claim upon discovery. I do have comprehensive insurance so I'm not too worried, but will they really give you 5 RACKS to replace tires and rims? The Infiniti Parts rep told me sometimes the ins. co. will try to get you refurbished rims, but new tires. This blows!
gbreeze did NOT say aftermarket. The OP, ClassySassy mentions 5 "racks" ($k) because the retail price for the S rims and tires are about 5 grand. (enough to take the insurance check and go BUY some aftermarket rims).
So, to sum it up, gbreeze is just saying what many others have said about the need for a garage to protect your ride, your wheels etc. gbreeze simply mentions the high replacement cost of the STOCK wheels at 5G's Perhaps you misunderstood HIM.
IMO, I also agree, that if you're diligent, you'll make sure to protect your car by parking it in a garage. Yes, lot's of nice apartments etc. DO NOT have garages available. If you live in one of these, you may want to drive a car that will not be likely to be tampered with, OR you may want to risk having this happen, it's your choice and your consequences, happy motoring.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
InvaderXiN

The original question of where this occurred at in Houston still hasn't been answered, btw.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:32 PM
InvaderXiN

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
OR you may want to risk having this happen, it's your choice and your consequences
It sounds like with this mind set that you're insinuating that anyone who has their car broken in to or have their wheels stolen, that it is their fault for not parking it in the garage?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
SKYLINE_GT
Hot, nasty, bad-a** speed

Damn, sucks to see it like that.... I know the feeling of walking out and seeing your G broken into. But from what I know since your car is newer you should get new factory parts not refurbished. Like they said go to infiniti and get a quote for EVERYTHING you think you need, then take it to a body shop and see what the damage is. Dont let the insurance Co. give you cheap parts. Good luck
Old 11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

It sounds like with this mind set that you're insinuating that anyone who has their car broken in to or have their wheels stolen, that it is their fault for not parking it in the garage?
Nada, I CLEARLY (and carefully ) stated it is their CHOICE, not their "fault".
BTW, you can just edit your posts when you think of something to add minutes later, (it's good forum etiquette) but alas, it doesn't do the same for your post count...
Old 11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
The Rabbi

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings (and if you're offended, get off the internet) but it's a little head scratching that you can afford a G37 but not $100 a month for a garage. For $100 a month I'd jump on that for reasons that don't include theft (no annoying rain spots, bird poop, UV protection, door dings, etc.)

Quick Reply: JACKED! RIMS & TIRES...Houston, TX