New TPMS sensors - Working w/out resetting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 AM
JKinAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New TPMS sensors - Worked Briefly w/out resetting.

First post. So far the car is great and the MyG37 Forums are a great source of info - very positive. Thanks.

We had our first snowfall in Anchorage on Sunday. It's been getting cold and last week the TPMS warning light came on a couple of times at the start of driving but went out as the tires warmed up. This is the first winter for my 2011 G37x. I've had a variety of 4wd/awd vehicles with studded and non-studded high sipe count winter tires and I was looking forward to seeing how the G37x performed in the snow/ice. I had a new set of wheels, tpms sensors, and fresh 225/55R-17 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 XL tires ready to go so I swapped 'em out. On the first trip out - the roads were a high sheen white ice and there were tire tracks skidding up onto the sidewalk leading to a leaning sign post - cars were creeping along. I'm happy to report that the G37x didn't realize it was slick. It accelerated well, braked well, and handled predictably. ABS came on under extreme braking but tons of traction. Day one - excellent results. There was one peculiarity though...

I'd read in the forum about resetting the TPMS using the jumper wire/6 tap ground/drive around method and wasn't really looking forward to that or to giving the dealer money & time to reset them. Unexplainably the TPMS warning light did not come on. I know that it was working on Saturday as it was on until driving about 3 miles (temp was about 23F). I drove to work and back on Monday and still - No warning light!

UPDATE: The TP warning light stayed off for two or three days - then the TP warning light came on and appears to be functioning normally.

The Michelin X-Ice Xi2 XL tires continue to provide excellent traction on snow and ice.

Last edited by JKinAK; 11-23-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Update