DPE Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was being serious about going with HRE man, they cut down their build times to 2-3 weeks last time I looked. They usually NEVER go over what they quote.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks man, well, i was on msn with my vendor and seems like i am told that my wheels will be ready for shipment by the end of next week. But Mike will not promise me a date, that is until he saw the finishing on the wheels when he gets it back from the powdercoater. So i guess i gotta wait another week to find out..
Old 09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
Thanks man, well, i was on msn with my vendor and seems like i am told that my wheels will be ready for shipment by the end of next week. But Mike will not promise me a date, that is until he saw the finishing on the wheels when he gets it back from the powdercoater. So i guess i gotta wait another week to find out..
keeping fingers crossed! Keep us posted and good luck!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:26 PM
sfgr415
NorCal G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered direct from DPE. The initial time I was quoted was 4-6 weeks. I emailed them around the 3rd week to check up and to make sure all my parts were in stock so when it came close to crunch time, there would be no hold-ups. Between weeks 4-6 I would call once a week to check in and once again, I was assured everything would be done on time.

Sure enough, on the 6th week, I get a call telling me the barrels are out of stock. The next 4 were nothing but disappointing calls telling me this happened, that happened, this is out of stock, that is out of stock.

It got to the point where one of the owners would talk to me, but even his word was worthless. Two of his promised deadlines were not met.

I finally got them 10 weeks later. I suppose compared to some of you, thats considered good, but it was still pretty much double what I was quoted.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:27 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
keeping fingers crossed! Keep us posted and good luck!
Fingers crossed. And i will let you guys know.

Originally Posted by sfgr415
I ordered direct from DPE. The initial time I was quoted was 4-6 weeks. I emailed them around the 3rd week to check up and to make sure all my parts were in stock so when it came close to crunch time, there would be no hold-ups. Between weeks 4-6 I would call once a week to check in and once again, I was assured everything would be done on time.

Sure enough, on the 6th week, I get a call telling me the barrels are out of stock. The next 4 were nothing but disappointing calls telling me this happened, that happened, this is out of stock, that is out of stock.

It got to the point where one of the owners would talk to me, but even his word was worthless. Two of his promised deadlines were not met.

I finally got them 10 weeks later. I suppose compared to some of you, thats considered good, but it was still pretty much double what I was quoted.
I didn't expect your story to start going downhill... well.. i feel you, but yea, i was quoted 10 but its nearly 3 times the promised time now...