DPE Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
I dealt with Sean.
I see, but seems like Mike@DPE is the one dealing with my wheels.. I thought you went with him too from your past thread. Hopefully Mike will help me more.

Originally Posted by Gamedog
This sucks man, sorry you're going thru this with them.

DPE has been known to deliver their wheels weeks/months past their original delivery dates. When I had my wheels made (by a different manufacturer), they promised me 8 weeks, and delivered in 6. If only DPE would do the same (by promising a longer ETA and delivering in shorter), it would prevent unhappy customers.

Sucks that your vendor isnt helping much either, as they should be the ones following up with the order and not the customer.

Shoot an email to the both parties saying you are thinking about cancelling your order if you don't see/hear anything soon (if you haven't already). Them sitting on your money for the last 6 months is ridiculous. They should have only asked for a deposit to get the order going, then asked for the remaining balance once the wheels were completed.
Originally Posted by Gunit37
Wow, that's total of 25 weeks. I would get back the money and buy something else..
Months?? So this is a norm to DPE?? And yes, i was so pissed off by my vendor when i could not get the status of my wheels and when he said it might be next week(this was way back a few months ago) he only said, 'well, cross your fingers and hopefully they do'... i was like wut..........
I didn't want to start saying about cancelling because i did not want this business deal to go into a 'threat' mode. But this is getting ridiculously slow, and i may need to ask for an ETA or promised date. But what i don't want to have to deal later, is a product that isn't properly done due to me rushing them..

Originally Posted by DPE G
Cancel your order and buy mine lol, no line no wait!

In all honesty mine took quite a bit longer than expected as well, although I ordered them the week of thanksgiving, and had a bunch of holidays in betwee, think my total wait time was only 9-10 weeks though.
Seems like a great offer but i ordered mine in a different color, so thanks for the offer.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If I were u, I would just cancel the order now, tell them you didnt get them in a timely manner and wont be looking till this winter now for wheels for next spring. if you can swing an extra grand, i would just say order a set of HRE's and be done with it. I wish I did cause my S20's are sitting in a closet right now waiting to go on next spring since I didnt get them till the first week of August and wasnt going to put them on for a month and half....
Old 09-15-2011, 01:00 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice Terrorific, i'll ask for a promised date, and if they do not deliver, then i'll cancel my wheels... Thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
Thanks for the advice Terrorific, i'll ask for a promised date, and if they do not deliver, then i'll cancel my wheels... Thanks for the advice everyone.
Sean, you still haven't gotten them? It's been way too long already.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was promised 12 weeks for my wheels that were gonna be shipped from Japan and I got em 12 weeks on the mark.

25+ weeks is way too long for a wheel.. keep us updated and good luck on the resolve!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:54 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Sean, you still haven't gotten them? It's been way too long already.
Hey Eric, yea, they haven't replied my email yet.. The last time was my vendor sending me a picture of the face of the wheels. I asked for DPE's or Mike's number so i can call and get a promised date, but no reply yet on that email....

Originally Posted by xlack
I was promised 12 weeks for my wheels that were gonna be shipped from Japan and I got em 12 weeks on the mark.

25+ weeks is way too long for a wheel.. keep us updated and good luck on the resolve!
Yea, i ordered some stuff from Top Secret too, and i already got them... yet the wheels are not even done... -__-"
Don't really know what the heck is going on with DPE.. aren't they like a premium wheel company too? I mean.. it seems like Vossen wheels have so much better service than DPE...(no offense)
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Weiboy718

I would be going ballistic by now. Should've just told you to order Japanese wheels instead, you would've gotten them by now
Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
Hey Eric, yea, they haven't replied my email yet.. The last time was my vendor sending me a picture of the face of the wheels. I asked for DPE's or Mike's number so i can call and get a promised date, but no reply yet on that email....

Yea, i ordered some stuff from Top Secret too, and i already got them... yet the wheels are not even done... -__-"
Don't really know what the heck is going on with DPE.. aren't they like a premium wheel company too? I mean.. it seems like Vossen wheels have so much better service than DPE...(no offense)
Well I can answer that, vossen wheels and any other one size fits all type of wheel are already ready to go, they aren't custom made-to-order wheels. So your wait time is a lot less. But this is taking too long, you really should just cancel already, you're doing exactly what they want you to do, waiting.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Well I can answer that, vossen wheels and any other one size fits all type of wheel are already ready to go, they aren't custom made-to-order wheels. So your wait time is a lot less. But this is taking too long, you really should just cancel already, you're doing exactly what they want you to do, waiting.
and spending his money
Old 09-15-2011, 04:03 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah +1 to cancel DPE and go JDM!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ exactly, at this point if they arent willing to offer you "wholesale cost" like their vendors pricing, you should just pass.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would be going ballistic by now. Should've just told you to order Japanese wheels instead, you would've gotten them by now
Not always true. I got ripped off by R&D Motorsports from Honda-Tech for a pair of TE37's for my civic..... I waited 6 months before they got revealed to be taking other peoples money and buying someone elses stuff with it
Old 09-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Itchytoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with those who have said cancel your order and look elsewhere. Custom is nice, and made to order, but it's not like they're reinventing the wheel. They're making wheel # 48,392,173,432,234. Custom wheels that take 3 months to arrive, is slow. Not having wheels 6 months after you order them is just insane.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
Not always true. I got ripped off by R&D Motorsports from Honda-Tech for a pair of TE37's for my civic..... I waited 6 months before they got revealed to be taking other peoples money and buying someone elses stuff with it
you're right! I was actually a victim here a few years back very identical to you but We still have a few very reputable vendors here we can trust for jdm wheels. I'm sure Sean would've gotten his wheels long time ago if it were jdm. Idk know why it's always the domestic wheel company that always have long wait times when they claim 6-8 weeks and at The same time they be talking ish about jdm wheels wait time LOL.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:16 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Haha, no worries man, the only JDM wheels i was looking at was Work wheels, but i wanted the DPE too, seems like a premium branded wheels and i always have the impression that US made stuff are very quality stuff, just didn't think i would get this kinda service from a US based company, i mean, if its China based company, i wouldn't be surprised, but service are very important for most US companies, and i thought i would be getting the same treatment, guess not haha

Thanks Ryan, i will do that if they can't give me a promised date by this week.

Originally Posted by xlack
yeah +1 to cancel DPE and go JDM!!!
I guess i'll do that if i cant get a definite answer, just thought it will be harsh to cancel after they also went through with me for so long.. hmm or am i dumb to think that way?? hahaha

^ exactly, at this point if they arent willing to offer you "wholesale cost" like their vendors pricing, you should just pass.
Wholesale price? how do i know how much that is? but since i already paid full amount and even shipping fee.. i think its gonna be hard to get a refund..

Originally Posted by Itchytoe
I agree with those who have said cancel your order and look elsewhere. Custom is nice, and made to order, but it's not like they're reinventing the wheel. They're making wheel # 48,392,173,432,234. Custom wheels that take 3 months to arrive, is slow. Not having wheels 6 months after you order them is just insane.
Haha, exactly, i am on the edge of my patience and i will demand a definite time frame from them by this week.
Thanks for all the input guys. I'll let you know again.

Quick Reply: DPE Wheels