Forgestar Wheels - Use Caution - My unlucky story

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgestar Wheels - Use Caution - My unlucky story

Well I thought about just keeping my mouth shut but figured I would give the warning to all interested parties and buying direct with this company. I would only hope others would do this out of respect for our local Infiniti community.

This story is similar to TeRRoRiFiC35's story but slightly different.

Below is a cliffnote version of my story and what I went through the last 6 weeks. Keep in mind the reason why buyers like me get so frustrated is because we don't have the weather you West Coast and FL people do. We have a certain timeframe of nice weather and when were quoted a date range, we expect it to be within that time otherwise we might as well wait til next yr.

For the record, I am well aware of the custom wheel, "it takes time to make" bull****. Here's an idea...don't take someones hard earned money and tell a potential buyer a timeframe if you're not going to follow through with it. Tell the truth! So here we go....

~1st week - week of May 17th - Purchased Forgestar F14F 2pc wheels. Told build time is 4-6 weeks.
~2nd week - currently being built
~3rd week - asked for an update. Sales rep didnt really know.
~4th week - Rep went to manufacturer. Wheels were being powder coated.
~5th week - (Monday) told the wheels were assembled and shipping will be Thursday or Friday. Sweet right?
~5th week - ask for tracking number on Friday since I was told the above. Rep tells me, only 2 of 4 wheels were assembled. They didnt have the parts for the other 2 wheels as the parts were discontinued. Asked why I wasnt told this WEEKS AGO before I even ordered and they claim they didnt know from the manufacture as they dont have a clue to their inventory. Since they still technically have another week to come up with a solution, I waited.
~6th week - "Solution" time! They offered me either 4 wheels of a bigger size or keep the 2 assembled wheels and 2 other ones that are bigger. I say "How about choice C and get me what I ordered!" THEN they offer me the 3pc (more expensive) wheel for the price I paid for the 2pc wheel. build time would be another 4-6weeks (are you kidding me?)

I demanded a refund or I would take it up with my bank who would've claimed a dispute again Forgestar. Refund of my 50% purchase was made on 7/7 free and clear.

This was a very shady situation and just poor customer service all around. How do you tell me they are assembled and going to ship on Thurs/Fri and then proceed to tell me on THAT Friday that only 2 are assembled and the other 2 aren't. What a waste of 5 weeks and I will never refer any business to this company in the future.

Some of you with the F14's had good experiences and that is great, but for you forged 2 and 3pc buyers, beware of this before purchasing from them.

I hope this information was helpful to you and if any questions, I would be happy to help. Sorry for the long rant.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope you get it resolved. BTW, the 2nd option they gave you is so much BS, what were they thinking? Good luck with your wheels.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 AM
icfp1980

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm experiencing the same issues with another wheel company right now as well. I totally understand. I've been lied to for the last 5 weeks. I'm on week 10 now after a promised 4-6 week time frame. My wheels are apparently still at the cutters.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Forgestar is a company of IForged. IForged has been known for that stuff. The only good experience in the last 6 years I have had has been with CCW......
Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
wow............................
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sucks to hear but someone should just sticky a notice that NO wheel company does custom wheels in 4-6 weeks and be preparred to wait 12 regardless of what they tell you. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
damn that sucks man.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by icfp1980
I'm experiencing the same issues with another wheel company right now as well. I totally understand. I've been lied to for the last 5 weeks. I'm on week 10 now after a promised 4-6 week time frame. My wheels are apparently still at the cutters.
Who would that be?

Sorry OP, wheel companies can be hit or miss. That's why the only wheels I buy in the future will be already made.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i think his is Vossen
Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just ordered some Vossens and my vendor told me that their wheels have been backed up for months now but they're supposed to (key word supposed) ship out today. So for everyone that's ordered Vossens, cross your fingers. Hopefully we'll have them mounted by the end of the week.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's very simple vendors...if you want a happy buyer, be honest and tell them the TRUTH. If you say 4-6 weeks and it's really 10+ weeks, **** you! I will take my business elsewhere. Reputations do not improve based on lies.

For you people waiting more than what they told you, I hope it's worth the wait because I refuse to have my hard earned money sitting in some ******* owner's bank account while they string me along for 3 months.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:42 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

honesty is key.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 PM
icfp1980

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Who would that be?

Sorry OP, wheel companies can be hit or miss. That's why the only wheels I buy in the future will be already made.
I don't want to put the name out there as of yet, but I also will be doing a not so nice write up. I will say it was not Vossen.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:48 PM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by icfp1980
Damn.. I can just imagine your frustrations right now Ian.. hopefully it'll get here sooner
Old 07-16-2011, 07:47 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I ordered on April 19 and was told up to 60 days.

I still do not have my wheels.

Quick Reply: Forgestar Wheels - Use Caution - My unlucky story