Quote I got for Spring and alignment on my IPL, Seems Really High!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
you dont have to be a wise guy about this. I qualified my statement, I said "at least in the ny area" because i dont know if people in florida, california, timbuktu can do it faster. I didnt go off a limb and proclaim that "anyone who can do this install faster then master super tech me is full of ****" go reread your post because thats exactly what you sound like. it offends people and invites problems.

I could tell you how to get regular spring compressors on dead coils, or how to line up the rear spring bucket in a second, but I just dont feel like anymore.
Don't be offended. Please don't...

Please share your trade secrets with everyone!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Neal376

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Don't be offended. Please don't...

Please share your trade secrets with everyone!!!
whatever

Last edited by Neal376; 07-19-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:42 PM
OHH NOES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
whatever
Don't even try to help him. The reason he takes three hours to do installs is because his know it all attitude. Instead of spending time trying to research tips on how to do it faster he would rather have an attitude with the people who could help him.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 PM
buffpatel
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dmeng, Where did you get that quote from? I also live in CBus. You should go to Slowmotion Motorsports. They are a great group. They just installed my coilovers, sway bars, BBK and SS brake lines - and all that was cheaper than the quote you received.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 PM
dmeng

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by buffpatel
dmeng, Where did you get that quote from? I also live in CBus. You should go to Slowmotion Motorsports. They are a great group. They just installed my coilovers, sway bars, BBK and SS brake lines - and all that was cheaper than the quote you received.

Auto Assets in Powell, they did work on my Cayman, so I think they over estimated the infiniti for the same type of work.
Im going to go check Slowmotion tomorrow
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 AM
fastlane45

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Wow!!! My bad. I must really be an uber noob. I certainly don't average the 3-4 Eibach installs per week like you do, that's an amazing number of G's you've done! That's 12 to 16 Eibach installs every month. I could only hope to be in that kind of demand. At that rate you've done more in the past month than I've done total. And I certainly can't jack up the rear of the car, place 2 jack stands and lower the car onto them, remove all 10 lugs (and usually a couple of wheel locks) and both wheels, remove the 2 lower spring seat bolts, 2 rear springs, replace both springs, line the holes back up (this always takes me several minutes to get it lined up straight) and get both bolts back in, properly torque both bolts, replace both wheels, replace 10 lug nuts (and usually wheel locks) and torque each one properly, jack the car up, remove the jack stands, lower the car back down and remove the jack stands in under 5 minutes!!! And you're doing all these lugs and the bolts by hand too. You are an awesome machine of efficiency bro! You're the Speedy Gonzalez of G Eibach spring installs man. I can only wish that I was anywhere near that fast.

And exactly what type of spring compressor are you using on the Eibach front springs? Unfortunately I don't have one that I can fit between the upper Eibach front spring coils since they're so close together. I usually take them to a local shop which wastes anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour while you're already finished with your feet up drinking beer. Help a brotha out and let me know please.