Quote I got for Spring and alignment on my IPL, Seems Really High!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I paid $80 and a pack of marlboro reds to my friend to install my s-techs.. :P
"this is not a supra, gtfo"

jk
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My friends going to do it for free, minus a case of beer :P
Old 07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
it shouldnt take more than an hour and half to do the springs..they are very easy
Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I think 1.2k sounds about right

Old 07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Just go back into the shop and link them to this thread. I think the tribe has spoken.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
OK you guys saying an hour and a half for Eibach springs are just full of it. Who here has fully installed Eibach springs on a G37 in under 3 hours themselves? I venture to say I've probably installed more of those than anyone responding to this thread. I'm certainly not saying that I'm a top notch mechanic, but better than most. And I call BS on a single person doing it in 1.5 or 2 hours. I have air tools and it takes longer than that. 3 to 4 is reasonable. A decent shop will charge $60 to $80/hr labor. So anything under about $150 is a friend doing the work, or a hook up price, or a less than top notch shop.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 PM
POLLO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
OK you guys saying an hour and a half for Eibach springs are just full of it. Who here has fully installed Eibach springs on a G37 in under 3 hours themselves? I venture to say I've probably installed more of those than anyone responding to this thread. I'm certainly not saying that I'm a top notch mechanic, but better than most. And I call BS on a single person doing it in 1.5 or 2 hours. I have air tools and it takes longer than that. 3 to 4 is reasonable. A decent shop will charge $60 to $80/hr labor. So anything under about $150 is a friend doing the work, or a hook up price, or a less than top notch shop.
+1 fo sho
Old 07-19-2011, 06:26 PM
OHH NOES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMAO you must be the biggest n00b if you claim to do as many installs as you do and still take three hours to do a simple spring install. It should take three hours for someone who has never done it before. I average 3-4 spring installs a week and it takes me 1.5-1.75 hours WITHOUT A LIFT and the only part I use air tools for is compressing the springs. When I'm at the the shop with a lift and when I use air tools for everything I get it done in 1-1.25hours. So no one here is full of it. G35s/G37s are one of the simplest cars to do springs on, the rear shouldn't even take more than 5 minutes to do BOTH sides.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
MWhiteV36

Damn really heated thread lol im sure he got the point though
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dmeng

7.5 hrs for Eibach PK and Alignment @ $80/HR Labor = $600

Total plus Tax = $1200

LOFL! RIP OFF!!!!!!!!

Tell them you'll do it if you get a set of dancing girls to go home with and stripper pole!

Just a note, mine was done at the DEALERSHIP with alignment: $480.00 with tax <- when I had Eibachs

Last edited by Xcalibur; 07-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Neal376

takes five or ten minutes to do each rear spring and 30 minutes each front w/ air tools. I have no clue what you could be doing to take you twice as long.
fronts are even easier on a first gen
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by OHH NOES
LMAO you must be the biggest n00b if you claim to do as many installs as you do and still take three hours to do a simple spring install. It should take three hours for someone who has never done it before. I average 3-4 spring installs a week and it takes me 1.5-1.75 hours WITHOUT A LIFT and the only part I use air tools for is compressing the springs. When I'm at the the shop with a lift and when I use air tools for everything I get it done in 1-1.25hours. So no one here is full of it. G35s/G37s are one of the simplest cars to do springs on, the rear shouldn't even take more than 5 minutes to do BOTH sides.
Wow!!! My bad. I must really be an uber noob. I certainly don't average the 3-4 Eibach installs per week like you do, that's an amazing number of G's you've done! That's 12 to 16 Eibach installs every month. I could only hope to be in that kind of demand. At that rate you've done more in the past month than I've done total. And I certainly can't jack up the rear of the car, place 2 jack stands and lower the car onto them, remove all 10 lugs (and usually a couple of wheel locks) and both wheels, remove the 2 lower spring seat bolts, 2 rear springs, replace both springs, line the holes back up (this always takes me several minutes to get it lined up straight) and get both bolts back in, properly torque both bolts, replace both wheels, replace 10 lug nuts (and usually wheel locks) and torque each one properly, jack the car up, remove the jack stands, lower the car back down and remove the jack stands in under 5 minutes!!! And you're doing all these lugs and the bolts by hand too. You are an awesome machine of efficiency bro! You're the Speedy Gonzalez of G Eibach spring installs man. I can only wish that I was anywhere near that fast.

And exactly what type of spring compressor are you using on the Eibach front springs? Unfortunately I don't have one that I can fit between the upper Eibach front spring coils since they're so close together. I usually take them to a local shop which wastes anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour while you're already finished with your feet up drinking beer. Help a brotha out and let me know please.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Neal376

Wow!!! My bad. I must really be an uber noob. I certainly don't average the 3-4 Eibach installs per week like you do, that's an amazing number of G's you've done! That's 12 to 16 Eibach installs every month. I could only hope to be in that kind of demand. At that rate you've done more in the past month than I've done total. And I certainly can't jack up the rear of the car, place 2 jack stands and lower the car onto them, remove all 10 lugs (and usually a couple of wheel locks) and both wheels, remove the 2 lower spring seat bolts, 2 rear springs, replace both springs, line the holes back up (this always takes me several minutes to get it lined up straight) and get both bolts back in, properly torque both bolts, replace both wheels, replace 10 lug nuts (and usually wheel locks) and torque each one properly, jack the car up, remove the jack stands, lower the car back down and remove the jack stands in under 5 minutes!!! And you're doing all these lugs and the bolts by hand too. You are an awesome machine of efficiency bro! You're the Speedy Gonzalez of G Eibach spring installs man. I can only wish that I was anywhere near that fast.

And exactly what type of spring compressor are you using on the Eibach front springs? Unfortunately I don't have one that I can fit between the upper Eibach front spring coils since they're so close together. I usually take them to a local shop which wastes anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour while you're already finished with your feet up drinking beer. Help a brotha out and let me know please.
i dont know a single installer, at least in the ny area, that takes 3 hours to do a swap, especially with air tools
Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Neal376
i dont know a single installer, at least in the ny area, that takes 3 hours to do a swap, especially with air tools
That's because I'm a noob and they are awesome!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Neal376

That's because I'm a noob and they are awesome!
you dont have to be a wise guy about this. I qualified my statement, I said "at least in the ny area" because i dont know if people in florida, california, timbuktu can do it faster. I didnt go off a limb and proclaim that "anyone who can do this install faster then master super tech me is full of ****" go reread your post because thats exactly what you sound like. it offends people and invites problems.

I could tell you how to get regular spring compressors on dead coils, or how to line up the rear spring bucket in a second, but I just dont feel like anymore.

Quick Reply: Quote I got for Spring and alignment on my IPL, Seems Really High!