Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Idk guys, Volks are rarely put on luxury cars ... You guys do know you have a luxury car right?? hahah. Like I said many times, If you prefer looks, go with Vossens but if you prefer performance, go with Volks..

For example,
Volks + Civic= Looks cool
Volks + Evo = Cool
Volks + S550 Luxury sedan = Bad look for a LUXURY CAR.
Volks + 350z/370z (100% SPORTS CAR) = Looks great!

Vossen with anything luxury = GOOD.

P.S you guys are making Vossen sound like cheap plastic rims. They may not weigh as less as Volks but they certainly are not crappy cheap rims.
You do have a valid point there, but what about Vossens on a sports car? It may be targeted towards 2 different markets, but at the end of the day.. everyone knows Volks is the better brand in terms of build quality, performance, brand recognition, and looks (subjective). As you have stated, if you want looks.. go with Vossens. If you want performance, go with Volks. But you do know looks is all subjective so it will differ from person to person, but performance is always there and can't change from person to person lol.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:43 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
HAHAH Larry. I gotcha now.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, just wow
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FantastikG37
You do have a valid point there, but what about Vossens on a sports car? It may be targeted towards 2 different markets, but at the end of the day.. everyone knows Volks is the better brand in terms of build quality, performance, brand recognition, and looks (subjective). As you have stated, if you want looks.. go with Vossens. If you want performance, go with Volks. But you do know looks is all subjective so it will differ from person to person, but performance is always there and can't change from person to person lol.
I agree with you!

Honestly, I have seen Vossens in person and the quality seems really well but I can't say they have bad quality just because they are a fairly new line. Just because it's new doesn't mean the quality is poor. Performance and branding power def goes to Volks though.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Viper62382
Wow, just wow
Congrats on creating a hotly debated thread! :P
Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I would not spend thousands of dollars and have people think they are worth 100$. If i cared about weight so much, I would have gotten a Civic.. not spend thousands on 100$ looking rims.
I'm not going to get into an argument over this. It's absurd. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. No one is saying Vossen is a bad wheel. However, I think you are in a very small minority of car enthusiasts if you think that any wheel from Volk resembles a "$100 rim."

In fact, I am going to go out on a limb here and boldly suggest that, all things considered - one being that looks are subjective, a moderately open-minded representative from Vossen would have a tough time putting together a compelling argument stating that Vossen is a better wheel than Volk. It's that simple... Like I said above, I think Vossen would be proud to be mentioned in the same sentence as any wheel made by Rays.

And where are all those pictures???? at car shows?? you know car shows have all type of cars with anything put on them.

I can easily do that with Vossens.. LOL
What? I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here... One of those pictures is from a car show. The rest are professional photographs, much like the photographs that Vossen posts up on this forum every day. What point are you attempting to make?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Here.. since you guys think Volks are the strongest rims in the world....

bent Volk rims - Google Search

Haha

(Just for jokes, don't think it too serious!)
Any wheels can bend... No one is debating that. But Volks will take way more of a beating than Vossens any day.. And that's a fact.

And in my opinion ... BMW + Volks = GAME OVER

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 06-29-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Better in terms of what? Performance or looks? You can't say Volks is better looking, performance and better quality the Vossens. I have seen Volks bend...

ANY WHEEL CAN BEND..

You make it sound like Vossens are Kia and Volks are Mercedes.. LOL

Ehh walk up to a random person and ask them how much you think your volks are worth. You say a few thousand they will laugh. It don't look expensive at all and many people will have no clue what Volks are about hahaha
I don't give a f*ck what others know. All that matters is what I know.

I buy my wheels to suit my purposes, not so I can look cool to others.

I drive on a $3000 set of 17" rims. I must be crazy.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol if you would learn to scroll up and read, I was talking looks vs performance because my opinion was asked.

Volks can bend just like Nissan Versa rims.

I would not spend thousands of dollars and have people think they are worth 100$. If i cared about weight so much, I would have gotten a Civic.. not spend thousands on 100$ looking rims.
It's hard to crack an oem wheel.
You get what you pay for I guess....
They look like 100 dollar wheels because everyone copies the design. You seem to worry a lot of other's opinions of how expensive your wheels look. Mod for yourself.....
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Any wheels can bend... No one is debating that. But Volks will take way more of a beating than Vossens any day.. And that's a fact.

And in my opinion ... BMW + Volks = GAME OVER

Why is it a fact? Just because Vossen is new to the game? lol. Have you first hand witnessed anything?? Just curious

That doesn't look bad but it made a luxury car look like a highschoolers car .. but in my opinion,

YouTube - ‪BMW M3 Convertible on 20" Vossen VVS-CV3 Concave Wheels / Rims‬‏

Vossen fits the luxury and sporty look .
Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike

I drive on a $3000 set of 17" rims. I must be crazy.
Who in their right mind spends $3000 on 17" wheels when you can buy 20" Vossens for $2000....?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:05 PM
BuzzLY37

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
bought a set, cant wait for them to come.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wasnt going to say anything directly to anyone in this thread but larry, get off the tip of vossens peen. There are much better companies that make forged wheels for LUXURY cars, hell, i posted some of them. if im going for luxury look, the first company I'm looking at is HRE, not Vossen. go look at the number of luxury and exotics on wheels, pretty much all on wheels that cost 5k+. Next comes weight, Vossens are not light at all. If you want to compare HRE to Vossen saying they are close, I just shake my head. and the G37 i dont consider even a luxury car, its a sports car with a luxury feel.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:09 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Who in their right mind spends $3000 on 17" wheels when you can buy 20" Vossens for $2000....?
i did on my civic.. hell, they are still sitting at my house collecting dust since the civic trans is dead
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Why is it a fact? Just because Vossen is new to the game? lol. Have you first hand witnessed anything?? Just curious

That doesn't look bad but it made a luxury car look like a highschoolers car .. but in my opinion,

YouTube - ‪BMW M3 Convertible on 20" Vossen VVS-CV3 Concave Wheels / Rims‬‏

Vossen fits the luxury and sporty look .
OMGWTFBBQ how hard is it to get through your head that the manufacturing processes are different. This, coupled with other things, makes Rays/BBS/Yokohama Advan/other high end wheel stronger than cheaper wheels. No, price isn't everything. It has nothing to do with how new the company is.

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??