Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:39 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Some of these responses are almost comical...

"Rice Rocket" is a slang/derogatory term for a Japanese motorcycle; not a car. If you mean "rice" in terms of its colloquial use in regards to poorly executed auto modifications, you could not be more wrong. Volk Racing is the furthest thing from "rice" when it comes to modifying a car. As for the argument about appearance, looks are subjective. What appeals to one person might be considered "ugly" by another's standards. So that argument, to me, is just... well, dumb.

As for the performance/quality, Rays Engineering's forging processes and safety standards are second to none. They are constantly improving and setting standards for others to imitate. Yes, their base lies in racing and the motorsports culture, as evidenced by the fact that Rays features wheels in F-1 (Formula 1 Championship), WTCC (Worldwide Touring Car Championship), North American ALMS (American Le Mans Series), the Japanese Super GT Championship, and many other major competitions and races worldwide. (And, for the record, the majority of these cars have to buy their own wheels - there not many freebies or sponsorships.) Furthermore, the same R&D that goes into the Rays wheels that compete in these races, goes into the wheels that are featured on the cars in the street, the same cars owned by members of this forum. (Of course, the ones featuring the authentic stuff. )

I don't know about others, but I had never even heard of Vossen before I joined this forum.

I am in no way suggesting that Vossen wheels are poor quality wheels, but, bluntly, Volk is on a completely different level. I think people are so enraptured by Vossen because every day on this forum a new thread is posted by Vossen with great photo shoots and awesome photography. There is no debating, Vossen has a great marketing department. They pay to advertise their wheels on this site and, by all means, they're doing it right. A ton of G's on here are sporting Vossen wheels. The fact that the OP is even debating going to Vossen is a tribute to the work they are doing...

Vossen has only been around for five years. In due time, who knows? Maybe they could some day be on the same level as Rays Engineering and Volk Racing. That's an admirable goal. Do not get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to Vossen whatsoever, but Volk is one of the best wheels in the world. Period. I think any representative from Vossen should/would be honored to be mentioned in the same conversation/debate as Volk Racing.

Just my $.02...
+100000000!
/thread.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Idk guys, Volks are rarely put on luxury cars ... You guys do know you have a luxury car right?? hahah. Like I said many times, If you prefer looks, go with Vossens but if you prefer performance, go with Volks..

For example,
Volks + Civic= Looks cool
Volks + Evo = Cool
Volks + S550 Luxury sedan = Bad look for a LUXURY CAR.
Volks + 350z/370z (100% SPORTS CAR) = Looks great!

Vossen with anything luxury = GOOD.

P.S you guys are making Vossen sound like cheap plastic rims. They may not weigh as less as Volks but they certainly are not crappy cheap rims.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Idk guys, Volks are rarely put on luxury cars ... You guys do know you have a luxury car right?? hahah. Like I said many times, If you prefer looks, go with Vossens but if you prefer performance, go with Volks..

For example,
Volks + Civic= Looks cool
Volks + Evo = Cool
Volks + S550 Luxury sedan = Bad look for a LUXURY CAR.
Volks + 350z/370z (100% SPORTS CAR) = Looks great!

Vossen with anything luxury = GOOD.

P.S you guys are making Vossen sound like cheap plastic rims. They may not weigh as less as Volks but they certainly are not crappy cheap rims.
I don't know where you keep getting this plastic thing from. All we are saying is that the quality of Rays is better than Vossen.....

And we drive sporty luxury cars. Volks look great on our cars in my opinion.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by myk1013
WAT???! Rys is right, this forum's gone MAD!

.... almost all of them look like Volks..... because they copy/imitate/replicate/duplicate Volk's designs.

I give props to Vossen for coming out with their own designs and I don't mind getting a set of CV3's as a second set if I had the extra cash. But if we're talking about which wheel company is better between the two?..... do I even have to answer that?
Better in terms of what? Performance or looks? You can't say Volks is better looking, performance and better quality the Vossens. I have seen Volks bend...

ANY WHEEL CAN BEND..

You make it sound like Vossens are Kia and Volks are Mercedes.. LOL

Ehh walk up to a random person and ask them how much you think your volks are worth. You say a few thousand they will laugh. It don't look expensive at all and many people will have no clue what Volks are about hahaha
Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by LarryG
Better in terms of what? Performance or looks? You can't say Volks is better looking, performance and better quality the Vossens. I have seen Volks bend...

ANY WHEEL CAN BEND..

You make it sound like Vossens are Kia and Volks are Mercedes.. LOL

Ehh walk up to a random person and ask them how much you think your volks are worth. You say a few thousand they will laugh. It don't look expensive at all and many people will have no clue what Volks are about hahaha
In terms of R&D and the engineering that goes into making the wheels. Looks are subjective, no idea why you keep bringing them up.
And who cares how much people think your rims are worth? All that matters is that YOU know how much they are worth. Those who do know how much they are worth can appreciate them as much as you do. If you want to "look" and feel rich, go buy a more expensive car.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Did you not read what Mr. Bill said? He knows more than I do, I just drive a 370Z that's not even mine with Volks on it.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
I would rather be on stocks with spacers, than on Vossens.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I don't see anyone in this thread bashing Vossen.

Again, taste in looks varies from one person to the next.

Are Lexus and BMW luxury cars?

Name:  45200255720c717c2bb6b.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  30305_436667910518_179330715518_6154767_6167605_n.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  Mmag04.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  INDjdmM3_2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  Mmag02.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  108.5 KB

Name:  INDjdmM3_7.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  62.5 KB
Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Larry I think ou should just walk away while you still have some sort of dignity left.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
In terms of R&D and the engineering that goes into making the wheels. Looks are subjective, no idea why you keep bringing them up.
And who cares how much people think your rims are worth? All that matters is that YOU know how much they are worth. Those who do know how much they are worth can appreciate them as much as you do. If you want to "look" and feel rich, go buy a more expensive car.
Lol if you would learn to scroll up and read, I was talking looks vs performance because my opinion was asked.

Volks can bend just like Nissan Versa rims.

I would not spend thousands of dollars and have people think they are worth 100$. If i cared about weight so much, I would have gotten a Civic.. not spend thousands on 100$ looking rims.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I don't see anyone in this thread bashing Vossen.

Again, taste in looks varies from one person to the next.

Are Lexus and BMW luxury cars?

And where are all those pictures???? at car shows?? you know car shows have all type of cars with anything put on them.

I can easily do that with Vossens.. LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Larry I think ou should just walk away while you still have some sort of dignity left.
Lol I just stated my opinion. What does that have to do with my dignity? Ask any successful rich person what they prefer on their luxury cars.

Keep in mind, Volks can bend just like the Nissan Versa stock rims : P
Old 06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
LarryG

Here.. since you guys think Volks are the strongest rims in the world....

bent Volk rims - Google Search

Haha

(Just for jokes, don't think it too serious!)
Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol this thread is unbelieveable. Felt like the world has gone backwards. Lemme go back to G35driver to get back some of my sanity hahaha

no one said Volks are strongest wheels. IMHO they are the poorman's HRE. If I have money I def would not get Volk.. If I have money I wouldn't even be driving a G37 ~_~

someone tell me I should of went to ebay to get some $100 wheels that looks like volk, instead I spent 5Gs for my volk + tires..
Old 06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??