Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey Pity, do me a favor and buy my Volks so I can get a set of Vossens...

On a real note, Volks are in a completely different category than Vossens.. Sure, some people may not like the "look" of them, but the quality of Volks forging process is far superior to Vossens casting. Volks you will always find are lighter than Vossen wheels, which even if you're not considering the performance aspect, the heavier the wheel is will also rob you of gas milage and stopping distance (rolling mass)... But let's say you don't care about that either; all wheels can be bent and broken, but Volks will definelty be stonger than a set Vossens any day..

Get what you like OP, it's your car.. But personally I would NEVER take the Volks off my car and replace them with a set of Vossens, nothing agains them, they are doing a great job catching interest in the G37 community as they are on many other forums. At least they are not producing Volk replicas...

Edit: Damn it Bill, you submitted your post right before me and now it looks like I copied everything you said. Lol

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 06-29-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Hey Pity, do me a favor and buy my Volks so I can get a set of Vossens...

On a real note, Volks are in a completely different category than Vossens.. Sure, some people may not like the "look" of them, but the quality of Volks forging process is far superior to Vossens casting. Volks you will always find are lighter than Vossen wheels, which even if you're not considering the performance aspect, the heavier the wheel is will also rob you of gas milage... But let's say you don't care about that either; all wheels can be bent and broken, but Volks will definelty be stonger than a set Vossens any day..

Get what you like OP, it's your car.. But personally I would NEVER take the Volks off my car and replace them with a set of Vossens, nothing agains them, they are doing a great job catching interest in the G37 community as they are on many other forums. At least they are not producing Volk replicas...
Ordering them soon......
Old 06-29-2011, 03:34 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Some of these responses are almost comical...

"Rice Rocket" is a slang/derogatory term for a Japanese motorcycle; not a car. If you mean "rice" in terms of its colloquial use in regards to poorly executed auto modifications, you could not be more wrong. Volk Racing is the furthest thing from "rice" when it comes to modifying a car. As for the argument about appearance, looks are subjective. What appeals to one person might be considered "ugly" by another's standards. So that argument, to me, is just... well, dumb.

As for the performance/quality, Rays Engineering's forging processes and safety standards are second to none. They are constantly improving and setting standards for others to imitate. Yes, their base lies in racing and the motorsports culture, as evidenced by the fact that Rays features wheels in F-1 (Formula 1 Championship), WTCC (Worldwide Touring Car Championship), North American ALMS (American Le Mans Series), the Japanese Super GT Championship, and many other major competitions and races worldwide. (And, for the record, the majority of these cars have to buy their own wheels - there not many freebies or sponsorships.) Furthermore, the same R&D that goes into the Rays wheels that compete in these races, goes into the wheels that are featured on the cars in the street, the same cars owned by members of this forum. (Of course, the ones featuring the authentic stuff. )

I don't know about others, but I had never even heard of Vossen before I joined this forum.

I am in no way suggesting that Vossen wheels are poor quality wheels, but, bluntly, Volk is on a completely different level. I think people are so enraptured by Vossen because every day on this forum a new thread is posted by Vossen with great photo shoots and awesome photography. There is no debating, Vossen has a great marketing department. They pay to advertise their wheels on this site and, by all means, they're doing it right. A ton of G's on here are sporting Vossen wheels. The fact that the OP is even debating going to Vossen is a tribute to the work they are doing...

Vossen has only been around for five years. In due time, who knows? Maybe they could some day be on the same level as Rays Engineering and Volk Racing. That's an admirable goal. Do not get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to Vossen whatsoever, but Volk is one of the best wheels in the world. Period. I think any representative from Vossen should/would be honored to be mentioned in the same conversation/debate as Volk Racing.

Just my $.02...
Well said Bill
Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
JDM Bill's Wise-man-ology...
makes me want to dance

Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
IMO, BBS FI

weight of a 19x12 wheel

Old 06-29-2011, 03:42 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by gamedog
makes me want to dance

hhahahahahahah
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike
IMO, BBS FI

weight of a 19x12 wheel

8 Grand
Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LarryG's comment made me almost fall of my chair!!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Worth every penny.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
makes me want to dance

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Worth every penny.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:17 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Worth every penny.
If I had that type of money to blow on wheels, I'd doooooo it in a heartbeat.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:21 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

If I sell my daily driver, I can get these wheels.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

If I sell my daily driver, I can get these wheels.
If I sold my organs I'd be able to haha
Old 06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
BuzzLY37

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordering a set soon.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by BuzzLY37
Ordering a set soon.
lol no youre not.

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??