Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dopetime
hahahah larryg is clearly just a vossen fan boy to the extreme. i think seeing too many vossen photoshoots has gone to your head.
Not really. I just always picture volks on cute little Hondas and never pictured them on Infiniti's. No offense but them seem too 'rice rocket'.

That's just my opinion.

Not a Vossen fanboy, I just think they look better then Volks.

KEEP IN MIND, I SAID LOOKS.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Lol you make it seem like Vossen rims are made of plastic. What I am saying is if you aren't a professional racer and care about the weight of your car, get the Vossen rims because that will catch attention. Volks look too normal and won't get a 'Wow'. The ONLY people that will notice them is the car enthusiast.. Google black rims.. almost all of them LOOK like volks hahaha !
WAT???! Rys is right, this forum's gone MAD!

.... almost all of them look like Volks..... because they copy/imitate/replicate/duplicate Volk's designs.

I give props to Vossen for coming out with their own designs and I don't mind getting a set of CV3's as a second set if I had the extra cash. But if we're talking about which wheel company is better between the two?..... do I even have to answer that?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Not really. I just always picture volks on cute little Hondas and never pictured them on Infiniti's. No offense but them seem too 'rice rocket'.

That's just my opinion.

Not a Vossen fanboy, I just think they look better then Volks.

KEEP IN MIND, I SAID LOOKS.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL to Volks looking rice rocket. High quality performance and light weight wheels being called rice rocket.. that's a first lol.

And also, there's a reason why if you search on google, other wheels might look like Volks. A lot of low-end, no-name brands try to replicate and imitate Volks without doing their own R&D. That itself should say something about Volks.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
OK I am now dumber after reading thorugh this thread. Feel like I am in some sort of backwards parallel universe.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
What? You said 100 dollar wheel on eBay......that's why I said shiet knockoff.

And my statement still stands on volks quality > vossen.
how would you know bro!?

You don't even have wheels.

I know two guys with SSR's that bent the $hit out of the wheels at low speed.

You can bend ANY wheel.

You should speak on experience, not on what others told you, or what you read about.

These are two completely sets of wheels, from how they are made, to price, so how can you really compare apples to oranges?

Obviously, my car is set up for looks, some prefer the race look (on our heavy a$$ cars). So to each their own.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid 5gs for the gt30s with tires, how much do the cv3s run rims and tires?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:59 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
lol is this a serious thread?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Viper62382
I paid 5gs for the gt30s with tires, how much do the cv3s run rims and tires?
with ipl wheels you can get volks.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:01 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
how would you know bro!?

You can bend ANY wheel.

You should speak on experience, not on what others told you, or what you read about.

These are two completely sets of wheels, from how they are made, to price, so how can you really compare apples to oranges?

Obviously, my car is set up for looks, some prefer the race look (on our heavy a$$ cars). So to each their own.
So it's not a fact that a forged Volk wheel has a greater quality than a cast Vossen wheel?
Sorry, but I don't have to own a Suzuki to know that an Infiniti is higher quality.
It's just a little annoying the amount of bias Vossen gets from people who don't know any better. Not saying Vossen is poor quality, but should they be compared to a higher end wheel? Probably not.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rAiN
with ipl wheels you can get volks.
.....huh?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Viper62382
.....huh?
lol i just woke up, i shouldn't have quote there but wanted to reply through your comment. anywy, ipl wheels cost around 5grand and you can pick up a new set up volks by selling them ipl wheels
Old 06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
how would you know bro!?

You can bend ANY wheel.

I (almost) daily drive (well, drive daily) a 370Z with Volk GTS wheels bro (wheels are FS btw). I hit potholes at like 80 (I know I shouldn't), no bends, cracks, or any sort of drama.
Have a friend with XXR wheels that hit a speed bump a bit too fast and put a crack right down the side of the wheel.
I'm not bashing Vossen, I just said that Volk is made with a higher quality.

You're right, I don't have wheels on the G...yet

Last edited by ipitythefoo; 06-29-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
forged is better than cast.... end that discussion right now.. next ur gonna tell me the quality of a cast rota has the same strength as a forged volk
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Some of these responses are almost comical...

"Rice Rocket" is a slang/derogatory term for a Japanese motorcycle; not a car. If you mean "rice" in terms of its colloquial use in regards to poorly executed auto modifications, you could not be more wrong. Volk Racing is the furthest thing from "rice" when it comes to modifying a car. As for the argument about appearance, looks are subjective. What appeals to one person might be considered "ugly" by another's standards. So that argument, to me, is just... well, dumb.

As for the performance/quality, Rays Engineering's forging processes and safety standards are second to none. They are constantly improving and setting standards for others to imitate. Yes, their base lies in racing and the motorsports culture, as evidenced by the fact that Rays features wheels in F-1 (Formula 1 Championship), WTCC (Worldwide Touring Car Championship), North American ALMS (American Le Mans Series), the Japanese Super GT Championship, and many other major competitions and races worldwide. (And, for the record, the majority of these cars have to buy their own wheels - there not many freebies or sponsorships.) Furthermore, the same R&D that goes into the Rays wheels that compete in these races, goes into the wheels that are featured on the cars in the street, the same cars owned by members of this forum. (Of course, the ones featuring the authentic stuff. )

I don't know about others, but I had never even heard of Vossen before I joined this forum.

I am in no way suggesting that Vossen wheels are poor quality wheels, but, bluntly, Volk is on a completely different level. I think people are so enraptured by Vossen because every day on this forum a new thread is posted by Vossen with great photo shoots and awesome photography. There is no debating, Vossen has a great marketing department. They pay to advertise their wheels on this site and, by all means, they're doing it right. A ton of G's on here are sporting Vossen wheels. The fact that the OP is even debating going to Vossen is a tribute to the work they are doing...

Vossen has only been around for five years. In due time, who knows? Maybe they could some day be on the same level as Rays Engineering and Volk Racing. That's an admirable goal. Do not get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to Vossen whatsoever, but Volk is one of the best wheels in the world. Period. I think any representative from Vossen should/would be honored to be mentioned in the same conversation/debate as Volk Racing.

Just my $.02...

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??