Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Sena

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
might as well throw my 2 cents in.

the gt30s look amazing on your car. maybe throw some colour on them?

vossen makes some amazing wheels. so what if they are heavier? they look good and they are cheaper to purchase than volks which makes them that much more appealing!!!

can't lose!!!

as for me?

i'm grabbing a set of 19" Volk GT-S in TIGM
and a set of 20" Work T1S in MSP
Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 AM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Brb going to buy some shiet Knockoff rims, put them on my car, hit a pothole and die.

It's not all about performance or looks. The craftsmanship and quality of volk wheels is second to none.
Lol you make it seem like Vossen rims are made of plastic. What I am saying is if you aren't a professional racer and care about the weight of your car, get the Vossen rims because that will catch attention. Volks look too normal and won't get a 'Wow'. The ONLY people that will notice them is the car enthusiast.. Google black rims.. almost all of them LOOK like volks hahaha !
Old 06-29-2011, 05:18 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Lol you make it seem like Vossen rims are made of plastic. What I am saying is if you aren't a professional racer and care about the weight of your car, get the Vossen rims because that will catch attention. Volks look too normal and won't get a 'Wow'. The ONLY people that will notice them is the car enthusiast.. Google black rims.. almost all of them LOOK like volks hahaha !
Who cares what you rock? As long as you feel good rocking it.

IMO, GT-30s look 100x better then any of the Vossen line wheels. But again, that's just me... maybe whole lot of other members here.

And what's "black wheel"?

I googled "black wheel" and first thing that popped up was this one.

Which look nothing like any Volk wheels. Not to mention, it certainly weighs twice as much if not more. Now, you're saying performance isn't everything and wheels like Volks should be only used for racing... Well, again IMO, if you're going to rob performance out of a performance car, what's the point of spending your hard earned money and putting heavier wheels than the stock 18/19s? Might as well stick to OEMs. There are reason why Rays Japan is known world-wide. If I was in the market for a set of wheels right at this moment, I'd save up and get a set of RE30/TE37 even if they cost twice as much as any Vossen wheel lineup.

And remember, beauty is in the eye of beholder.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:30 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What? You said 100 dollar wheel on eBay......that's why I said shiet knockoff.

And my statement still stands on volks quality > vossen.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:00 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In the OP's case I would stick to the Volks because they're bad *** wheels to begin with. I would certainly not change them for Vossens. Advan? Yes. HRE? Yes. DPE? Yes. SSR? Maybe. Vossen? Hell no!

Trading a set of Volks for Vossen is kinda like trading a G37 for a Genesis. Not exactly an upgrade.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Depends if your trying to actually race or have your car look sexy and attractive. Volks are ugly vs the Vossen. No average person would even look twice at it or know what it is. If you randomly showed someone, they would think the rims are worth 100$ a piece and not have a clue what it is.. If you want your car to be a tad bit quicker then go with the Volks but if you plan on getting attention and ladies... get the Vossens...
Wat.
Wat .
Bro, that's what I said.

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
This forums gone mad. Hallelujah for MBworld & tmz.com
I knowwwwwwwwwwwww huh.

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox
I like the Volks that you have. Only thing I would change is the color on them as others have said to bronze or gold. That way it stands out from the color of your car. That would look really good!
I said this too.

Originally Posted by LSG37S
Keep the Volk
Period.
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
GT30s are gorgeous! In all colors but My favorite is your current set up.

New deal: I'll buy you the Vossens and you can just slide those pretty little Volks over to me! I would change my current set up for some Volks, or at least switch it out depending on my mood...

Maybe this was just his way of testing this forum to see if we have all lost touch what the true spirit of a wheel should be and all just turned to show... I call your bluff OP!

Love you Vossen so please don't get the wrong idea cause you make some of the best looking wheels on the market.
Ohhh you little hustler. Why didn't I think of this?

Lol really? you guys care about performance over looks that much??? Volks may perform better but it certainly looks like normal 100$ black rims I can find on eBay.
Wat.

Brb going to buy some shiet Knockoff rims, put them on my car, hit a pothole and die.

It's not all about performance or looks. The craftsmanship and quality of volk wheels is second to none.
Don't do it... Oh you were keeeeeeding.

Am I the only one in this thread that thinks 8/10 Volk wheels look great? I like 1 Vossen wheel. Just my opinion. I only like 1 Forgestar wheel too and that's the one I have.

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Who cares what you rock? As long as you feel good rocking it.

IMO, GT-30s look 100x better then any of the Vossen line wheels. But again, that's just me... maybe whole lot of other members here.

And what's "black wheel"?

I googled "black wheel" and first thing that popped up was this one.

Which look nothing like any Volk wheels. Not to mention, it certainly weighs twice as much if not more. Now, you're saying performance isn't everything and wheels like Volks should be only used for racing... Well, again IMO, if you're going to rob performance out of a performance car, what's the point of spending your hard earned money and putting heavier wheels than the stock 18/19s? Might as well stick to OEMs. There are reason why Rays Japan is known world-wide. If I was in the market for a set of wheels right at this moment, I'd save up and get a set of RE30/TE37 even if they cost twice as much as any Vossen wheel lineup.

And remember, beauty is in the eye of beholder.
That's an ugly *** wheel man. Maybe try "Nice black wheel"

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
In the OP's case I would stick to the Volks because they're bad *** wheels to begin with. I would certainly not change them for Vossens. Advan? Yes. HRE? Yes. DPE? Yes. SSR? Maybe. Vossen? Hell no!

Trading a set of Volks for Vossen is kinda like trading a G37 for a Genesis. Not exactly an upgrade.
Ohhhh. HRE? SSR? DPE? Sessy wheels braaaaaaaah.

Last edited by breftayka; 06-29-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hahahah larryg is clearly just a vossen fan boy to the extreme. i think seeing too many vossen photoshoots has gone to your head.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by breftayka
Am I the only one in this thread that thinks 8/10 Volk wheels look great?
I'm with you on that man.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i'm going to throw out some different rims besides volk and vossen cause we need to get some different wheel sets on this forum.

IForged Emotion

IForged Emola

VIP Modular VX110(dont think this will look that well on the coupe, sedan it will)

VIP Modular VR06

VIP Modular VR13

VIP Modular VR14

Rotiform Forged 3 Piece - BLQ(comes with hardware showing too)

Rotiform DAB(brand new)

ADV-1 ADV10 TrackSpec

HRE C90

HRE C93

HRE 790R

HRE 590RS

This is just some examples. You may also notice I haven't put up anything from DPE. I am having a problem with them so far so I'm not recommending them to anyone right now.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
This thread is... wow.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my Acura CL-S6 with some Work VS-XX
Attached Thumbnails Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??-6213_116110141821_709166821_2758621_7724485_n.jpg  
Old 06-29-2011, 12:47 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Vossens are nice, but you already have Volks. Why would you want to downgrade?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just asking. I wouldnt sell the Volks, I would just buy another set. As soon as my IPL kit is in and on the car, I just may powder coat them bronze and see how they come out.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
keep the volks please....
Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dopetime
hahahah larryg is clearly just a vossen fan boy to the extreme. i think seeing too many vossen photoshoots has gone to your head.
LMAO ahahah what he said

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??