Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Soooo far.. thinking about this thread, I haven't learnt anything but still remained the same on my opinion.. Ray's lovers rambles over and over about how their rims are better for performance and quality (I agreed but the quality is questionable since Vossen is new) and I am still being attacked hahhaha

Being NEW does have something to do with it because you can't see the long term problems of a new product if they are NEW.

So let ask you guys...... Do Volks increase your laptop by 10 seconds or .1 seconds?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Or do the Volks make your quarter mile 13 secoonds or still the same stock 13.6-13.8 Hhahahahahhaa
Old 06-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 331
User Name Posts
ipitythefoo 67
LarryG 53

Please stop.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Oh boy...

Your responses here are clearly illustrating how little you actually know about this stuff... I think everyone, whether they are pro-Vossen or not, can see it. I'm done contributing to this thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
You imply it is by saying Ray's are light years ahead of Vossen....... lol

Everyone talks about Ray's performance and i've agreed but what my argument is Vossen's look better and people talk about the quality and performance.. I don't care about that because our cars are heavy .. chopping off 16lbs from rims won't do anything ha
first, it's more than 16. Then as i said already, it's unsprung weight, which translates to lots of weight. It's not just 16 pound weight in the trunk. What don't you understand? I'm not implying rays are light years ahead. I just said they are better quality. You just keep making stuff up.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:40 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Who Posted?
User Name Posts
ipitythefoo 67
LarryG 53

Please stop.
Lol time to bomb this thread with memes.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay.. no one really questioned Vossen's quality. All we are stating is Volk's quality is without a doubt better than Vossen's from the simple fact that forged is better than cast. Ask anyone who knows anything about wheels. They will tell you forged is lighter and stronger than cast. This is why we are saying Volk quality is better than Vossens, which you seemingly can't accept since you keep saying Vossens are too new to judge.

That being said, the lighter and stronger wheel will obviously be safer. I don't know about you but if I had to put my life and safety on the line, I would definitely choose Volks over Vossens.

The only point you have right now is that Vossens LOOK better. I will let you believe what you want to believe, but Vossens and Volks are definitely not at the same level. If you appreciate wheels as much as everyone else here, you would have never insulted Volks by saying they look like $100 cheap ebay wheels.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey kiddo, I don't need to convince anything. I didn't contradict myself at all. You just took it wrong because you're a kid. You can spend 4k on rims that look like they are worth a few hundred buck's. Not my problem. Keep in mind that they only weigh like 3 -4lbs less vs the Vossen. Whoa............ 16 lb difference in performance hahahahaha
Sounds like you need go to take physics senior year.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Everyone dealing with this guy:

Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Soooo far.. thinking about this thread, I haven't learnt anything but still remained the same on my opinion.. Ray's lovers rambles over and over about how their rims are better for performance and quality (I agreed but the quality is questionable since Vossen is new) and I am still being attacked hahhaha

Being NEW does have something to do with it because you can't see the long term problems of a new product if they are NEW.

So let ask you guys...... Do Volks increase your laptop by 10 seconds or .1 seconds?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Or do the Volks make your quarter mile 13 secoonds or still the same stock 13.6-13.8 Hhahahahahhaa
On a 2 minute track, going from OEM to OEM size Volks is worth roughly 1.5 seconds.

That's a pretty damn significant amount.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, Vossen don't have specs on their site yet but a lot of people who puchased them say they weigh about 21-23lbs (depending on size of course) and our OEM's are around 22 vs Ray.. 18lbs. I honestly don't think i'll notice anything with 16lb difference for all four wheels ........ Maybe if I am a professional racer... hahaha

I absolutely do not want to get involved at all in how convoluted this has gotten or how off topic but would like to make corrections where they are necessary so people do not read threads like this and then take this assumed knowledge and begin endlessly arguing a moot point on another thread. The information above, is incorrect! Stock 19"s are around 26-27 lbs 20" Vossens CV line most likely 1-2lbs more than stock and "Volk" is the manufacturer with a large line of wheels produced so simply saying volk's are 18 lbs will not work as it is way too general and only their lightest wheels will brush that low of a weight and even that depends on size. The model the OP has, the GT30s most likely weigh in around 22-23 lbs

Ok, carry on!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by Mike
Sounds like you need go to take physics senior year.
Point I am trying to make is that you guys are being dramatic and its not that massive of a difference like you guys imply. What's under the hood is more impotent than the RIM. The TIRES are more important performance wise.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Point I am trying to make is that you guys are being dramatic and its not that massive of a difference like you guys imply. What's under the hood is more impotent than the RIM. The TIRES are more important performance wise.
1.5 seconds on a 2 minute lap is pretty significant if you ask me.
LarryG

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Who Posted?
User Name Posts
ipitythefoo 67
LarryG 53

Please stop.
I'll try hahah but I shall reply if they attempt to attack me because I feel this is a comedy.
LarryG

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
I absolutely do not want to get involved at all in how convoluted this has gotten or how off topic but would like to make corrections where they are necessary so people do not read threads like this and then take this assumed knowledge and begin endlessly arguing a moot point on another thread. The information above, is incorrect! Stock 19"s are around 26-27 lbs 20" Vossens CV line most likely 1-2lbs more than stock and "Volk" is the manufacturer with a large line of wheels produced so simply saying volk's are 18 lbs will not work as it is way too general and only their lightest wheels will brush that low of a weight and even that depends on size. The model the OP has, the GT30s most likely weigh in around 22-23 lbs

Ok, carry on!
Where did you get the Specs?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
1.5 seconds on a 2 minute lap is pretty significant if you ask me.
I can assure you that some Michelin Pilots are more important than Ray's Civic rims. Check out the new 2012 ZR1 on it's new Nurburgring laptime. Shaved off a FEW seconds just cause of the tires...

I can care less what you guys say. I think Vossen has excellent quality and you can't jump around saying Ray's quality is 10000x better just because it's been out for a while. How can you even say Vossen quality isn't no where as good?? They are new. Can you tell the future?? hahaha

To me, since I don't own a fast car (Sorry.. its true.. high 13's is pretty slow .. I love the WAY it looks though) I don't care too much for its performance and I care about the look a lot more so that's why Vossen is the way to go!

On a side note, the best picture i've seen was that Tundra hahaha

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??