Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Vossen est - 2007
Volks - 1972 = branding power.

That's all I need to say.
There's a reason why Rays Engineering/Volk Racing has been on the top of their game since 1972. And there's a reason why you'll see their wheels on F1, JGTCC, and BTCC cars. And no, its not because of "branding power". F1 teams and Touring championship teams could care less about how popular wheel brands are, they care about pure performance.

Since were on the subject of cats.

I ran over one of the stray cats the used to hang out around my old apartment.... by accident ok. I felt bad for that little booger. Gave it a proper burial, complete with a cross as a grave marker.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Viper62382
I guess you have selective reading, so therefor I am going to label you ignorant.
Lol, just being technical. No need for name calling because you did imply that JUST because a company didn't provide a video of them making their product, they are inferior or lesser quality. HAHAHAHAHAHAhHAHAHAHA

Funniest thing I heard all day.

On a serious note, I bought a gun a few days ago and it is made in the U.S.. I can't seem to find a video where and how it was made.. does that mean it bad quality?? LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by myk1013
There's a reason why Rays Engineering/Volk Racing has been on the top of their game since 1972. And there's a reason why you'll see their wheels on F1, JGTCC, and BTCC cars. And no, its not because of "branding power". F1 teams and Touring championship teams could care less about how popular wheel brands are, they care about pure performance.

THANK YOU! THEY CARE ABOUT ONLY PERFORMANCE "they care about pure performance" SO THEY DON'T GIVE AN A$$ ABOUT LOOKS PROVING ME THAT VOSSEN'S LOOK BETTER! (What I mean is that they don't care about looks as much as performance)
HAhahahaha]

You guys are great at making me laugh.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey kiddo, I don't need to convince anything. I didn't contradict myself at all. You just took it wrong because you're a kid. You can spend 4k on rims that look like they are worth a few hundred buck's. Not my problem. Keep in mind that they only weigh like 3 -4lbs less vs the Vossen. Whoa............ 16 lb difference in performance hahahahaha
it's not 3-4 pounds less. it's much more than that. Coupled with the fact that it is unsprung and rotational mass, it's like lugging around two dead bodies in your trunk. Kills gas mileage. But then again, you don't care.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

You fail at trying to be a smarta$$ as well.

Vossen - 2006 Vossen avg weight = 22 lbs for 20inchs
Rays - 1972. Rays avg weight = 18.7 for 20 inchs

(Wow a few lbs difference, would you really notice that in performance?!? hahahahaha) GET OFF RAY'S NUTS GUYS.

When did I say I think they look good on a G O.O (They do look good on the G though) I was talking about full blown luxury cars hahahah

I don't consider myself arguing. I am debating and I am having a great laugh while doing it. I don't hop on the bandwagon just because Volks been around here for a while. You can't even say Vossen's quality suck because they are new so that gives you 0 credibility that Volk's quality is better. I acknowledged that they are 'Superior' due to the fact they have been here 35+ years longer than Vossen.

So are you saying just because I don't think Volk's are the best rims in the world, I cannot be a car-enthusiast? HAHahahaha GET OFF HIS NUTS, he can care less what you think.
I'm sure Mr. Bill here is the least sarcastic out of everyone.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

THANK YOU! THEY CARE ABOUT ONLY PERFORMANCE "they care about pure performance" SO THEY DON'T GIVE AN A$$ ABOUT LOOKS PROVING ME THAT VOSSEN'S LOOK BETTER! (What I mean is that they don't care about looks as much as performance)
HAhahahaha]

Looks are subjective. Are you insane? Proving that vossens look better? It didn't prove anything.
You might find your wife attractive, and I might find her repulsive. Vice versa, even though I don't have a wife.
It's subjective.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
HAhahahaha]

LMAO! I KNEW you were going to reply like that. And it doesn't prove anything on your behalf at all.

Like I said before, looks are subjective, personal preference. I'm not going to argue with you about which wheels look better, TO EACH IS HIS OWN. If you see that Vossens look better, then more power to you. Thats your opinion and I respect that. BUT you CAN'T argue that Rays/Volks quality is equal to or lesser than Vossens. That's straight up ridiculous!

This thread just keeps going back and forth, skimming through 20+ pages and all I've learned is that Rays Engineering was founded in 1972-1973.

I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your Vossens, and I'll enjoy my Volks.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by myk1013
LMAO! I KNEW you were going to reply like that. And it doesn't prove anything on your behalf at all.

Like I said before, looks are subjective, personal preference. I'm not going to argue with you about which wheels look better, TO EACH IS HIS OWN. If you see that Vossens look better, then more power to you. Thats your opinion and I respect that. BUT you CAN'T argue that Rays/Volks quality is equal to or lesser than Vossens. That's straight up ridiculous!

This thread just keeps going back and forth, skimming through 20+ pages and all I've learned is that Rays Engineering was founded in 1972-1973.

I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your Vossens, and I'll enjoy my Volks.
Lol what a good laugh!
I find it amusing how people attempt to attack me because they like their volks morehahaha
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Looks are subjective. Are you insane? Proving that vossens look better? It didn't prove anything.
You might find your wife attractive, and I might find her repulsive. Vice versa, even though I don't have a wife.
It's subjective.
Ur back??? lol.

Then thinking Volks are the best is subjective. You are equally as right as I am. Vossen is too new to say the quality is bad hahahaha !!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:01 PM
LarryG

it's not 3-4 pounds less. it's much more than that. Coupled with the fact that it is unsprung and rotational mass, it's like lugging around two dead bodies in your trunk. Kills gas mileage. But then again, you don't care.
Sir, Vossen rims weigh as much as the stock 19inch rims we get. Unless Ray makes his own light tires then now we're talking major difference. .................................
Old 06-30-2011, 02:02 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

When did I say quality is bad? Quote me.
Saying that something is up to par with Rays in terms of QUALITY is like saying something is slower than a Buggatti. It isn't saying much, but you keep taking it personally and making up this stupid excuse that it is new. Nothing to do with it.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Sir, Vossen rims weigh as much as the stock 19inch rims we get. Unless Ray makes his own light tires then now we're talking major difference. .................................
show me where they weigh the same.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM
LarryG

show me where they weigh the same.
Well, Vossen don't have specs on their site yet but a lot of people who puchased them say they weigh about 21-23lbs (depending on size of course) and our OEM's are around 22 vs Ray.. 18lbs. I honestly don't think i'll notice anything with 16lb difference for all four wheels ........ Maybe if I am a professional racer... hahaha
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
LarryG

When did I say quality is bad? Quote me.
Saying that something is up to par with Rays in terms of QUALITY is like saying something is slower than a Buggatti. It isn't saying much, but you keep taking it personally and making up this stupid excuse that it is new. Nothing to do with it.
You imply it is by saying Ray's are light years ahead of Vossen....... lol

Everyone talks about Ray's performance and i've agreed but what my argument is Vossen's look better and people talk about the quality and performance.. I don't care about that because our cars are heavy .. chopping off 16lbs from rims won't do anything ha
Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do realize that people pay $10k plus for carbon ceramic brakes for less weight. I just explained how the weights matters. Its called rotational mass. But still nonetheless, this did not need to reach a magnitude of this proportion for you to get into your thich head of yours some simple concepts.

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??