Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Viper62382

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
Did You Know?

It has been scientifically proven that owning cats is good for our health and can decrease the occurrence of high blood pressure and other illnesses.

Stroking a cat can help to relieve stress, and the feel of a purring cat on your lap conveys a strong sense of security and comfort.

The ancient Egyptians were the first civilisation to realise the cat's potential as a vermin hunter and tamed cats to protect the corn supplies on which their lives depended.

Sir Isaac Newton is not only credited with the laws of gravity but is also credited with inventing the cat flap.

A cat has more bones than a human being; humans have 206 and the cat has 230 bones.

A cat's hearing is much more sensitive than humans and dogs.

The cat's tail is used to maintain balance.

Cats see six times better in the dark and at night than humans.

Cats eat grass to aid their digestion and to help them get rid of any fur in their stomachs.

A healthy cat has a temperature between 38 and 39 degrees Celcius.

Cats have the largest eyes of any mammal.

The female cat reaches sexual maturity at around 6 to 10 months and the male cat between 9 and 12 months.

A female cat will be pregnant for approximately 9 weeks or between 62 and 65 days from conception to delivery.

The average litter of kittens is between 2 - 6 kittens.

Ailurophile is the word cat lovers are officially called.

Purring does not always indicate that a cat is happy. Cats will also purr loudly when they are distressed or in pain.

All cats need taurine in their diet to avoid blindness. Cats must also have fat in their diet as they are unable to produce it on their own.

In households in the UK and USA, there are more cats kept as pets than dogs. At least 35% of households with cats have 2 or more cats.

When a cats rubs up against you, the cat is marking you with it's scent claiming ownership.

About 37% of American homes today have at least 1 cat.

Milk can give some cats diarrhea.

The average lifespan of an outdoor-only cat is about 3 to 5 years while an indoor-only cat can live 16 years or much longer.

On average, a cat will sleep for 16 hours a day.

A domestic cat can run at speeds of 30 mph.

The life expectancy of cats has nearly doubled over the last fifty years.

Blue-eyed, white cats are often prone to deafness.

The cat's front paw has 5 toes and the back paws have 4. Cats born with 6 or 7 front toes and extra back toes are called polydactl.

An adult cat has 30 teeth, 16 on the top and 14 on the bottom.

There are approximately 60,000 hairs per square inch on the back of a cat and about 120,000 per square inch on its underside.

Cats and kittens should be acquired in pairs whenever possible as cat families interact best in pairs.

In multi-cat households, cats of the opposite sex usually get along better.

The first official cat show in the UK was organised at Crystal Palace in 1871.
I <3 cats. I own two
Old 06-30-2011, 12:03 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
WAT???! Rys is right, this forum's gone MAD!

.... almost all of them look like Volks..... because they copy/imitate/replicate/duplicate Volk's designs.

I give props to Vossen for coming out with their own designs and I don't mind getting a set of CV3's as a second set if I had the extra cash. But if we're talking about which wheel company is better between the two?..... do I even have to answer that?
Originally Posted by LarryG
Better in terms of what? Performance or looks? You can't say Volks is better looking, performance and better quality the Vossens. I have seen Volks bend...

ANY WHEEL CAN BEND..

You make it sound like Vossens are Kia and Volks are Mercedes.. LOL

Ehh walk up to a random person and ask them how much you think your volks are worth. You say a few thousand they will laugh. It don't look expensive at all and many people will have no clue what Volks are about hahaha
Yes, ANY wheel can and will bend, I know that. Some more so than the others.

You seriously cannot say that cast wheels are stronger and thus will perform better than a forged wheel. It's simple science.... maybe not to you.

And as far as looks are concerned, that's in the eye of the beholder,... to each his own.

So lets do the math...

Volks got the performance category won(thats 1/2 of the question)... and you can't expect everyone to 100% pick Vossens over Volks in the looks category. (as evidenced by this thread) So even if 50% say Vossens are better looking, the other half is for Volks. (50% of the other half of the question). That's at least 75%.. Volks WIN!

And I could care less what some random person off the street who doesnt know jack about cars and motorsports think about which wheels look better. MOST car enthusiast would know that Volks are all WIN!

Lets put it this way.... go to a car show/meet. Let the crowd choose by poll, votes, show of hands or whatever, between which brand of wheels would they rather have on their car. I can guarantee you which one will come out on top.

And let me say now that I am in no way bashing on Vossens. Like I said before, I wouldnt mind getting the CV3's as a second set if my bank account would let me. I'm just stating the obvious.

In before the lock!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
I'm still waiting to hear your input... Should OP keep the Volks or switch to Vossens?
My advice to OP:

Do what YOU want.

Just please be different.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
HRE FTW... forget Volk and Vossen

Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Viper62382

Not all look 100 $ but there are a lot on eBay that looks like Volks for 100$
Imitation is the finest form of flattery
Old 06-30-2011, 12:25 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Viper62382
I already have a set of Work wheels as well. I may as well just get the CV3s to have as another set of rims in the collection.
I'm pretty sure you are a baller, so do it! Switch them up when you are bored or sell me your GT30s. :P
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Viper62382

I know larry said somewhere he would feel equally safe in a car with vossens as he would in car with performance volks, but if we want to get technical here, the heavier Vossens, and their greater rotational mass, which leads to a greater stopping distance of lets see 3 feet (example) can make all the difference in the world when in need of needing to stopping short quickly. Id rather have the ability to stop 3 feet shorter, then rear ending another car, because I had a lighter set of rims installed, rather than footing a bill of xxx thousands of dollars because some heavier rims that looked better robbed me of braking distance and in that one scenario ended up hitting something I could have avoided (taking all variable equal minus rim weight).
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
GambitX

The Bengal says:
Old 06-30-2011, 01:01 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
Yes, ANY wheel can and will bend, I know that. Some more so than the others.

You seriously cannot say that cast wheels are stronger and thus will perform better than a forged wheel. It's simple science.... maybe not to you.

And as far as looks are concerned, that's in the eye of the beholder,... to each his own.

So lets do the math...

Volks got the performance category won(thats 1/2 of the question)... and you can't expect everyone to 100% pick Vossens over Volks in the looks category. (as evidenced by this thread) So even if 50% say Vossens are better looking, the other half is for Volks. (50% of the other half of the question). That's at least 75%.. Volks WIN!

And I could care less what some random person off the street who doesnt know jack about cars and motorsports think about which wheels look better. MOST car enthusiast would know that Volks are all WIN!

Lets put it this way.... go to a car show/meet. Let the crowd choose by poll, votes, show of hands or whatever, between which brand of wheels would they rather have on their car. I can guarantee you which one will come out on top.

And let me say now that I am in no way bashing on Vossens. Like I said before, I wouldnt mind getting the CV3's as a second set if my bank account would let me. I'm just stating the obvious.

In before the lock!
Vossen est - 2007
Volks - 1972 = branding power.

That's all I need to say.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
LarryG

Put up the Vossen manufacturing process video to compare to Rays Engineering or shutup.

YouTube - ‪Making of Rays Engineering Wheels‬‏

Just because they don't have a video don't mean their quality sucks. Get off ray's nuts his wheel will bend just like my stock Nissan Maximas.

Who give's an a$$ if Ray's wheel weigh 4 lbs less than a vossen. LMAO
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Since you insist on calling me kiddo, then I'm just gonna call you gramps.

Contradict yourself all you want, the proof is in this thread. No matter how you're trying to convince everyone now that you're were just talking about looks, everyone that has been following this thread knows otherwise.

Have a nice morning gramps, don't forget to stop by mc doo doo's and meet up with your senior citizen buddies and discuss the weather and obituaries over your senior citizen discount coffee.
Hey kiddo, I don't need to convince anything. I didn't contradict myself at all. You just took it wrong because you're a kid. You can spend 4k on rims that look like they are worth a few hundred buck's. Not my problem. Keep in mind that they only weigh like 3 -4lbs less vs the Vossen. Whoa............ 16 lb difference in performance hahahahaha
Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Viper62382

Just because they don't have a video don't mean their quality sucks. Get off ray's nuts his wheel will bend just like my stock Nissan Maximas.

Who give's an a$$ if Ray's wheel weigh 4 lbs less than a vossen. LMAO

I guess you have selective reading, so therefor I am going to label you ignorant.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Since we are on the subject of cats:
Old 06-30-2011, 01:13 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
This.

I just caught up on this thread and I had to laugh. I cannot believe we are still entertaining the ignorance of this guy. I would almost guarantee that he is the only person in the world who would consider himself an "enthusiast" who can fervently attempt to make this argument.

On one hand he says he feels just as safe in his car on Vossens as he does on Volk Racing wheels. On the other hand, he concedes that Volk is superior quality. Contradictory?

He is making the statement that Vossen is a better wheel for the G because, to him, they look better. However, to many people who actually know something about these wheels, Volk looks better. Again, looks are subjective! He says, "Volk cannot have all three titles." What does that even mean? If I think Volk looks better, I think Volk looks better. Just because he says it does not, does not make his opinion any more legitimate than mine. People have different tastes. That's it.

He is telling people to do research and saying people think Volk is superior simply because they have been around longer. Come on. He needs to take his own advice and read up on this stuff. The only facts he is spitting out are things he has learned in this thread. There is a reason you are arguing this alone, Larry. Any semi-knowledgeable enthusiast knows that Rays Engineering and Volk Racing are in a league above Vossen. It's just that simple. I don't think one person has said that Vossen wheels "suck" or that they are "crap," but it is not even a debate as to how they stack up to anything produced by Rays Engineering.

I would be surprised if this fellow has looked at a Volk wheel up close and compared it to a Vossen wheel up close.

Finally, references to girlfriends and celebrities? What? Really? What makes a celebrity a viable authority when it comes to modifying a car? He's reaching...
You fail at trying to be a smarta$$ as well.

Vossen - 2006 Vossen avg weight = 22 lbs for 20inchs
Rays - 1972. Rays avg weight = 18.7 for 20 inchs

(Wow a few lbs difference, would you really notice that in performance?!? hahahahaha) GET OFF RAY'S NUTS GUYS.

When did I say I think they look good on a G O.O (They do look good on the G though) I was talking about full blown luxury cars hahahah

I don't consider myself arguing. I am debating and I am having a great laugh while doing it. I don't hop on the bandwagon just because Volks been around here for a while. You can't even say Vossen's quality suck because they are new so that gives you 0 credibility that Volk's quality is better. I acknowledged that they are 'Superior' due to the fact they have been here 35+ years longer than Vossen.

So are you saying just because I don't think Volk's are the best rims in the world, I cannot be a car-enthusiast? HAHahahaha GET OFF HIS NUTS, he can care less what you think.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 PM
LarryG

I know larry said somewhere he would feel equally safe in a car with vossens as he would in car with performance volks, but if we want to get technical here, the heavier Vossens, and their greater rotational mass, which leads to a greater stopping distance of lets see 3 feet (example) can make all the difference in the world when in need of needing to stopping short quickly. Id rather have the ability to stop 3 feet shorter, then rear ending another car, because I had a lighter set of rims installed, rather than footing a bill of xxx thousands of dollars because some heavier rims that looked better robbed me of braking distance and in that one scenario ended up hitting something I could have avoided (taking all variable equal minus rim weight).
Comonnn 3 lb difference and the Vossen's weigh as much as the OEM. Lol!

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??