Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:09 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Wow.. Those look stunning. And for $100 I'll take 100 sets please.
HAHAHA. Yeah. It sucks that they only come in 19s. I guess I'll just lower my car more, because I think my heart is set on GTM's.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:16 AM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Wow.. Those look stunning. And for $100 I'll take 100 sets please.
Not all look 100 $ but there are a lot on eBay that looks like Volks for 100$
Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Not all look 100 $ but there are a lot on eBay that looks like Volks for 100$
There's a reason why they made them "look like" Volks... Damn replicas.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:24 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Yeah. They are called knockoffs. So 100 dollar rims look like volks, not the other way around.

waiting for people to start copying vossen designs and sell them for 100 so you can eat your words.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:46 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lol are Volks rims made with special material from Mars? shut up with that crap. Any rim will bend. Volks do look like 100$ rims on eBay. They do not stand out.. it will only wow people like you.

Why are you telling me what I agree on? i told you Volks are better for track. When did i EVER said you should take Vossens on the track? I just said they look better.

You may need a pair of glasses my friend. You probably don't own Vossens or Volks. All you got is he say she say. I'm pretty sure all rims bend from potholes : )

Several steps behind Rays Engineering?? well DUH, Vossen is 2006 and what is ray??? 1970 or 80??? You should do the math and see how many years gap "Ray" got a headstart you fool. Obviously you care about performance and not about looks so I hope you get your Civic looking rims and enjoy them and I'll enjoy mine.

Thank you.
Don't take it personal kiddo : )
Kiddo? I'm probably older than you son.

Not my fault you don't understand why one wheel is of higher quality than another.

With that said I think vossen makes some nice rims and they seem to take pride on their design and craftsmanship so that should make them a solid mid grade wheel manufacturer. But they should not be compared to Volks since Volks are on a completely different level.

Maybe in a few years Vossen might start making bad *** 3 piece forged wheels, but until then, they are what they are.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:48 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by 1NEETO

Not my fault you don't understand why one wheel is of higher quality than another.

With that said I think vossen makes some nice rims and they seem to take pride on their design and craftsmanship so that should make them a solid mid grade wheel manufacturer. But they should not be compared to Volks since Volks are on a completely different level.

Maybe in a few years Vossen might start making bad *** 3 piece forged wheels, but until then, they are what they are.
They were making forged wheels....and then stopped LOLZ
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 AM
1NEETO

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
They were making forged wheels....and then stopped LOLZ
They gave it a shot? My guess is that the profit margin is not as high with forge wheels unless they sell them at the same price as other high grade wheels.

All I have to say is that this thread > useless thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:11 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Hey hey hey let's not get crazy. The useless thread is the best thread ever!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by breftayka

I had Vossen for less than a month. My new wheels are cheaper than them, but I like them much more.

Your F14's cheaper than Vossen?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:16 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by NoirG
Your F14's cheaper than Vossen?
Haha yeah I know right? It's not cheaper by THAT much, but is nonethelss. Not the f14f though.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 AM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO

I can give an a** about the quality. I would feel equally safe the same in a prius with Volks or it's stock rims. You act like youll notice it. Different level in your dumb opinion.

Unless you race for a living, you won't notice the difference.. whats the weight difference?? 10-20 lbs? LMAO. Whoopy dooo good job to volks lol but Vossen's look better is what I think. And again, i can give an a** about the quality because unless you are a nascar racer, you won't notice the 40 or 80lb difference in the weight hahahaha

That being said, kiddo... both companies are great and take pride in their work but its quite obvious that one stands out to the general public and looks over the other : P
Old 06-30-2011, 08:04 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Wake up. Time to start class again.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I can give an a** about the quality.
/Thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 AM
1NEETO

I can give an a** about the quality. I would feel equally safe the same in a prius with Volks or it's stock rims. You act like youll notice it. Different level in your dumb opinion.

Unless you race for a living, you won't notice the difference.. whats the weight difference?? 10-20 lbs? LMAO. Whoopy dooo good job to volks lol but Vossen's look better is what I think. And again, i can give an a** about the quality because unless you are a nascar racer, you won't notice the 40 or 80lb difference in the weight hahahaha

That being said, kiddo... both companies are great and take pride in their work but its quite obvious that one stands out to the general public and looks over the other : P
Since you insist on calling me kiddo, then I'm just gonna call you gramps.

Contradict yourself all you want, the proof is in this thread. No matter how you're trying to convince everyone now that you're were just talking about looks, everyone that has been following this thread knows otherwise.

Have a nice morning gramps, don't forget to stop by mc doo doo's and meet up with your senior citizen buddies and discuss the weather and obituaries over your senior citizen discount coffee.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:03 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Those are Rotas/varrstoens. Maybe not the evos those are probably volks.

Why would they buy wheels that are worth more than the car?
my CCW Classics are worth more than my EM2 at this point...... since larry is arguing that because Vossen is new, they dont get the same competitive advantage as Volk. how about we go with a company with less history versus them, CCW. are you going to tell me next CCW makes lower quality wheels than Vossen now? I also find it funny that a set of 18's from CCW cost more than a set of Vossens..... cause they are forged, not cast. They havent been around as long but are loved by not only what you have been calling the ricer crowd, the Honda/Acura scene, but also by the Supra, RX7, Porsche, and Lexus community. I guarantee you there are more Lexus' on the forums that have CCW's than Vossens.

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??