Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:17 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Name:  highlander.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  70.6 KB

Had fun making this, doesn't Chris look like such a dweeb. I can't agree with Vossens looking better either. Anyone who's seen formula silver on GT30's up close knows it's not a flat color, it's gunmetal gradually moving to a dark silver. On some angles and light it looks like black chrome, others gunmetal to silver.. a really nice looking color transition. Add the machined hub and it's one sporty and sleak look that fits a performance oriented G well. It's know wonder it is the most popular wheel for the G37 in all it's flavors.

I like the CV3's too, concave is very popular. My only dislike is the uneven concave between front/back but not much you can do bout that. Detail to detail however there's a ton more detail on the GT30's and thus still my preference.

Glad there are vossen owners around... less GT30's be confused for stock

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 06-30-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:19 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
CV3z are Bitchin now close the thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 AM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
I think you're the one getting butthurt over the fact that everyone is saying Vossen quality isn't as good as that of Rays. If you like elephant wheels, than by all means go ahead. It's your money and your car, but it's stupid and ignorant to not want to hear an explanation about WHY Volks are of superior quality. Looks are subjective, quality isn't.....
No, I think youre the one getting butthurt. I'm overhere laughing my *** off cause you don't agree with my opinion and trying to make me agree with you. I can care less about the quality because I feel safe in any kind of rims that is stock. You make it sound like your a Nascar driver hahaha. Superior quality? would you notice it??

P.S I never ONCE said Vossen quality is better hahahaha i Just said it look better in my opinion and you bring up quality trying to prove me wrong. Lmao!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 AM
LarryG

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
They are made with materials and with a process that Vossen doesn't use......
Ferraris are made with different materials and through a different process than an Infiniti is. How damn hard is that to wrap your head around?
You respond to my smartass responses with idiotic responses!
Lol who cares what material they are made of!!!! I said Vossens look better!!! not have better quality or performance. Stop getting off topic and getting mad. Laugh along with me hahaha
Old 06-30-2011, 12:24 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC

formula silver
I want
Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Larry that's not true. Just trying to convince you that they're not some cheap under appreciated wheel. You claim everyone in the street would recognize Vossen over Volk. WE disagreed.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VossenG37S
CV3z are Bitchin now close the thread.
Stop it before you make me want a set too! If I am to say something nice about the CV3, I think you have the best color.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks man ! Certainly a gorgeous looking wheel. So what has OP decided after 13 pages ???? Lol so is he gonna keep the Volks or join the Vossen Bandwagon?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
everyone so far has pretty much disagreed with you. and for the fact you dont know all the volk models is even worse cause u made a generalization about a company without doing research or knowing what all their models look like which is dumb to say in the first place. vossen wheels arent even that nice looking. this is the only forum i see vossens being used on. go look at g35driver, which is used more, volk or vossen? m3post, which one is used more? honda-tech, which one is used more? mbworld, which is used more? 6speedonline, which one is used more? luxury4play, which one is used more? i guarantee you Volk is used more in every instance. go look at pics from meets that arent from this forum, which wheel is used more? and saying that volk looks like a $100 wheel is just laughable. last i checked, massive companies are copying wheels Volk has made. how about vossen? you obviously know nothing about different companies with saying that and are the biggest fanboy on here for VOssen.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM
LarryG

Originally Posted by breftayka
Larry that's not true. Just trying to convince you that they're not some cheap under appreciated wheel. You claim everyone in the street would recognize Vossen over Volk. WE disagreed.
Lol, I never once said Volks were cheap or under appeciated. I just said they aren't better looking .. Who would notice what Volks are besides us? Who would know they average 2,500$? LOL.

There is a reason why a few celebrities have Vossens on their S550 and Maserati's and stuff.. I have never heard of ONE celebrity with VOLK RIMS LMAO.

I am just saying, Vossen catches the eye of the general public. I never ONCE said Volks were cheap or Vossen is better quality.

Ask your gf and see if she knows what Volks are hahaha.. for the price, the general public don't know how "Good" they are.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 AM
LarryG

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
everyone so far has pretty much disagreed with you. and for the fact you dont know all the volk models is even worse cause u made a generalization about a company without doing research or knowing what all their models look like which is dumb to say in the first place. vossen wheels arent even that nice looking. this is the only forum i see vossens being used on. go look at g35driver, which is used more, volk or vossen? m3post, which one is used more? honda-tech, which one is used more? mbworld, which is used more? 6speedonline, which one is used more? luxury4play, which one is used more? i guarantee you Volk is used more in every instance. go look at pics from meets that arent from this forum, which wheel is used more? and saying that volk looks like a $100 wheel is just laughable. last i checked, massive companies are copying wheels Volk has made. how about vossen? you obviously know nothing about different companies with saying that and are the biggest fanboy on here for VOssen.
Vossen's are new. G35's came out BEFORE Vossen's were out. How am I a fan boy? I was given TWO options on this thread. Vossens or Volks and I chose Vossen. How does that make me a fan boy? So does this mean you are a FANBOY of Volks because I am pretty sure you don't own Volks hahahahah

Vossen -2006
Volks 1972.

G35 2003-2007
G37- 2008- Current.

Learn some stuff Volks fan boy.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 AM
shumby

Group hug?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 AM
shumby

Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Lol, I never once said Volks were cheap or under appeciated. I just said they aren't better looking .. Who would notice what Volks are besides us? Who would know they average 2,500$? LOL.

There is a reason why a few celebrities have Vossens on their S550 and Maserati's and stuff.. I have never heard of ONE celebrity with VOLK RIMS LMAO.

I am just saying, Vossen catches the eye of the general public. I never ONCE said Volks were cheap or Vossen is better quality.

Ask your gf and see if she knows what Volks are hahaha.. for the price, the general public don't know how "Good" they are.
Ask your girlfriend if she knows what Vossens are. As a matter of fact, go ask a few car enthusiasts if they know what Vossen is. I respect that you think that they look better, but your reasoning behind it is horrible.

I'm sure most celebs have VIP modulars/works/Asanti on their luxury cars than vossen.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM
shumby

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??