Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Looks like Volks to me. May be expensive but it sure doesn't stand out Hahahah. Idk why you keep posting pictures .. Am I wrong to think Vossen looks better on luxury cars and agreeing with Volks are better for performance?? hahahaha the best looking one was the Tundra.
nope you're not wrong. But for the following, a lot of us have a hard time agreeing with you, that's all. But of course it doesn't mean you're wrong, it's just opinion and preference. And so far it seems like you're in the minority.. or perhaps even the only one

Depends if your trying to actually race or have your car look sexy and attractive. Volks are ugly vs the Vossen. No average person would even look twice at it or know what it is. If you randomly showed someone, they would think the rims are worth 100$ a piece and not have a clue what it is.. If you want your car to be a tad bit quicker then go with the Volks but if you plan on getting attention and ladies... get the Vossens...

Lol really? you guys care about performance over looks that much??? Volks may perform better but it certainly looks like normal 100$ black rims I can find on eBay.

Lol you make it seem like Vossen rims are made of plastic. What I am saying is if you aren't a professional racer and care about the weight of your car, get the Vossen rims because that will catch attention. Volks look too normal and won't get a 'Wow'. The ONLY people that will notice them is the car enthusiast.. Google black rims.. almost all of them LOOK like volks hahaha !
Not really. I just always picture volks on cute little Hondas and never pictured them on Infiniti's. No offense but them seem too 'rice rocket'.

That's just my opinion.

Not a Vossen fanboy, I just think they look better then Volks.

KEEP IN MIND, I SAID LOOKS.
Better in terms of what? Performance or looks? You can't say Volks is better looking, performance and better quality the Vossens. I have seen Volks bend...

ANY WHEEL CAN BEND..

You make it sound like Vossens are Kia and Volks are Mercedes.. LOL

Ehh walk up to a random person and ask them how much you think your volks are worth. You say a few thousand they will laugh. It don't look expensive at all and many people will have no clue what Volks are about hahaha
Lol if you would learn to scroll up and read, I was talking looks vs performance because my opinion was asked.

Volks can bend just like Nissan Versa rims.

I would not spend thousands of dollars and have people think they are worth 100$. If i cared about weight so much, I would have gotten a Civic.. not spend thousands on 100$ looking rims.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 PM
emyrl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
successful troll is successful
This.

Originally Posted by Kidcane
OMG make it stop!!!
And this.

My head hurts.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jorwick
How many pages are you guys going to get to before you hit the 24 hour mark?

The greatest thing about this forum is that someone will agree and someone will disagree because everyone has their own motivations and desires. I myself ordered vossens because I happen to like the look BUT I will say I would get volks for performance in a second and love Kevin's car with his Volks on.
^ Thanks Josh... Even though my set up is far from track spec, but I don't track this heavy car so technically my Volk wheels are all for looks, not performance.

Personally I can't wait to see that limited color Cv2 wheels that you ordered.

This threads been cracking me up all day, had to find this to add to it:

Name:  highlander.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  70.6 KB
Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Z gave way to G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy $hit, this thread blew up!!! What the hell happened in here?!?! hahaha
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
1NEETO

Lol I just stated my opinion. What does that have to do with my dignity? Ask any successful rich person what they prefer on their luxury cars.

Keep in mind, Volks can bend just like the Nissan Versa stock rims : P
It just so happens that your opinion sucks. I mean you're saying that Volks look like $100 rims from ebay that can bend just as easily as stock versa rims. A bad pothole hit will bend just about any rim, just because said pothole can bend a volk rim just like a versa rim doesn't mean they're both one and the same when it comes to strength.

How are we supposed to take an ounce of credibility from you when you say things like that?

Vossens are nice rims but they're several steps behind Rays Engineering. I wouldn't trust a set of vossens at a track day that's for sure.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
It just so happens that your opinion sucks. I mean you're saying that Volks look like $100 rims from ebay that can bend just as easily as stock versa rims. A bad pothole hit will bend just about any rim, just because said pothole can bend a volk rim just like a versa rim doesn't mean they're both one and the same when it comes to strength.

How are we supposed to take an ounce of credibility from you when you say things like that?

Vossens are nice rims but they're several steps behind Rays Engineering. I wouldn't trust a set of vossens at a track day that's for sure.
Lol are Volks rims made with special material from Mars? shut up with that crap. Any rim will bend. Volks do look like 100$ rims on eBay. They do not stand out.. it will only wow people like you.

Why are you telling me what I agree on? i told you Volks are better for track. When did i EVER said you should take Vossens on the track? I just said they look better.

You may need a pair of glasses my friend. You probably don't own Vossens or Volks. All you got is he say she say. I'm pretty sure all rims bend from potholes : )

Several steps behind Rays Engineering?? well DUH, Vossen is 2006 and what is ray??? 1970 or 80??? You should do the math and see how many years gap "Ray" got a headstart you fool. Obviously you care about performance and not about looks so I hope you get your Civic looking rims and enjoy them and I'll enjoy mine.

Thank you.
Don't take it personal kiddo : )
Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
You really are new to this huh?

Ce28's= volks haha.
So are you saying I don't know anything about my G just cause I don't know the models of each particular Volk rim or like them? hahahahaha you are a funny guy. I don't pay attention to volks to remember the model number of each rim they produce because I don't find those rims attractive. I don't race for a living so i don't really care for the weight of the rim.. Lmao.

Again, my opinion lol
Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 PM
BuzzLY37

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
hi Larry, do you personally own a set of vossen? If so, do you like them?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 PM
LarryG

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
^ Thanks Josh... Even though my set up is far from track spec, but I don't track this heavy car so technically my Volk wheels are all for looks, not performance.

Personally I can't wait to see that limited color Cv2 wheels that you ordered.

This threads been cracking me up all day, had to find this to add to it:

That's EXACTLY WHAT i've been saying. Volks = Performance and Vossen = Looks in MY opinion but people are getting butthurt because I made fun of Volks Hahaha
Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 PM
LarryG

Let's end this because it looks like we won't agree.

When it snows, people put on their snow tires and rims ... When it's summer, people put nice sexy Vossen rims along with the summer tires.. When people go to the race track, people put on Volks.

The END.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 PM
dopetime

^^^uhhh not quite lol.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 PM
dopetime

MODS please /thread already!!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol are Volks rims made with special material from Mars? shut up with that crap. Any rim will bend. Volks do look like 100$ rims on eBay. They do not stand out.. it will only wow people like you.

Why are you telling me what I agree on? i told you Volks are better for track. When did i EVER said you should take Vossens on the track? I just said they look better.

You may need a pair of glasses my friend. You probably don't own Vossens or Volks. All you got is he say she say. I'm pretty sure all rims bend from potholes : )

Several steps behind Rays Engineering?? well DUH, Vossen is 2006 and what is ray??? 1970 or 80??? You should do the math and see how many years gap "Ray" got a HEADSTART you fool. Obviously you care about performance and not about looks so I hope you get your Civic looking rims and enjoy them and I'll enjoy mine.

Thank you.
Don't take it personal kiddo : )
They are made with materials and with a process that Vossen doesn't use......
Ferraris are made with different materials and through a different process than an Infiniti is. How damn hard is that to wrap your head around?
You respond to my smartass responses with idiotic responses!

Headstart........hmmmmm

Last edited by ipitythefoo; 06-30-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's EXACTLY WHAT i've been saying. Volks = Performance and Vossen = Looks in MY opinion but people are getting butthurt because I made fun of Volks Hahaha
I think you're the one getting butthurt over the fact that everyone is saying Vossen quality isn't as good as that of Rays. If you like elephant wheels, then by all means go ahead. It's your money and your car, but it's stupid and ignorant to not want to hear an explanation about WHY Volks are of superior quality. Looks are subjective, quality isn't.....

Last edited by ipitythefoo; 06-30-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dopetime
MODS please /thread already!!
Whyyyy? It's a perfectly fair debate. Everyone's has their own opinion, but some people will be getting educated.

Quick Reply: Stick to the Volk GT30s...or Vossen CV3??