wheels stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 PM
chogrilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheels stolen

so the wheels on the honda civic parked right next to me were stolen last night. now even though it wasnt my car, just the thought that it happened in my neighborhood, let alone my own block makes me very uneasy. who knows..they could always come back and strike again. after seeing this happen it made me wonder what happens afterwards? how do they tow the car with no wheels, or do you have to buy wheels and have it put on where the car is parked? and does insurance cover the cost of replacing all the wheels if you have full coverage?
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 PM
voltic

If you have aftermarket wheels, or intend to buy aftermarket wheels, make sure your insurance will cover them first. Geico only covers $1000 of undeclared aftermarket parts, for example. Don't ask why I know this. :/

Also, get good wheel locks.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:49 PM
WhiteLightning

i wouldnt worry to much think about the fact that its a CIVIC!!! one of the most stolen cars in America everyone wants parts for them! and if he was into the tuner scene he probably had some jdm joints that everyone would have wanted .... with 20's on an infiniti or even the sport 19's the steal factor goes down immensely
Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 PM
chogrilla

my wheels are stock and i have a set of wheel locks but im not so sure it will deter any crooks from taking the wheels if they really wanted to.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:44 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
i wouldnt worry to much think about the fact that its a CIVIC!!! one of the most stolen cars in America everyone wants parts for them! and if he was into the tuner scene he probably had some jdm joints that everyone would have wanted .... with 20's on an infiniti or even the sport 19's the steal factor goes down immensely
You obviously haven't seen the clueless threads and pics of G's on blocks.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:47 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
You obviously haven't seen the clueless threads and pics of G's on blocks.
i havent... but idk what neighborhood they are livin in... im in paterson new jersey and work in newark... the crime rate is REDICULOUS HERE and ive never worried about my wheels
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I meant countless not clueless. Stupid iPhone and its auto spell.

A few months ago there were threads after threads of G's having their wheels stolen. Most were from the east coast too. Just be wary.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I meant countless not clueless. Stupid iPhone and its auto spell.

A few months ago there were threads after threads of G's having their wheels stolen. Most were from the east coast too. Just be wary.
lol completely understood... thank you! i was only trying to make a point that typically just (typically) if you see a g37 next to a civic in alot of places its more likely that the civic will be on blocks
Old 06-10-2011, 10:53 PM
gandules

Originally Posted by chogrilla
so the wheels on the honda civic parked right next to me were stolen last night. now even though it wasnt my car, just the thought that it happened in my neighborhood, let alone my own block makes me very uneasy. who knows..they could always come back and strike again. after seeing this happen it made me wonder what happens afterwards? how do they tow the car with no wheels, or do you have to buy wheels and have it put on where the car is parked? and does insurance cover the cost of replacing all the wheels if you have full coverage?
Speaking from experience, it doesnt matter what neighborhood or what make and model is next to your car. If the dirt bags want your wheels they will get your wheels. Geico was fabulous with my claim. They replaced everything. Just so you know in order to flatbed my car, they brought four G37s "spares" with them. The calipers and rotors on the "S" model are larger than traditional Nissan 19"wheels. They initially brought 17"Altima wheels with them.
Goodluck..
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 PM
nbarone

i havent... but idk what neighborhood they are livin in... im in paterson new jersey and work in newark... the crime rate is REDICULOUS HERE and ive never worried about my wheels
Holy Moly! Paterson and Newark and your wheels haven't been touched yet? Be careful my brother.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I'd be worried.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:18 AM
amf25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
USAA does NOT cover aftermarket wheels FYI for u other armed services guys... it would be a total loss for me if my wheels got lifted.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:29 AM
voltic

Just slam your car so low you can't get a jack under it.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by nbarone
Holy Moly! Paterson and Newark and your wheels haven't been touched yet? Be careful my brother.
lmao yeahh but its all about where you choose to leave it and how convenient it is for a theif... IMO ..... my G rarely leaves my garage and i typically use my civic but when i do park around paterson i keep it in an area that a thief would think twice about before robbing me I Hope the OP doesnt get too stressed tho i really do feel like its much dif to see a civic robbed than a G
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
I love it when new members join and post information that is completely wrong. Just to prove the point further:

Quick Reply: wheels stolen