Any advice on wheel selection???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 PM
b_commiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any advice on wheel selection???

Im shopping around right now and getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of staggered 20's and can't make my mind up on a color of wheel to get for my G. Any advice or pics of what would look good with my color would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find a pic of a similar G with black rims just to see if im feeling the over all look of the color combo. Again, thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Any advice on wheel selection???-g37s-side.jpg   Any advice on wheel selection???-g37s-lowered.jpg  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:52 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by b_commiskey
Im shopping around right now and getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of staggered 20's and can't make my mind up on a color of wheel to get for my G. Any advice or pics of what would look good with my color would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find a pic of a similar G with black rims just to see if im feeling the over all look of the color combo. Again, thanks for the help.
Honestly it's such a broad topic man. Best advice would be for you to cruise the Media share section and spend a few hours there looking through everyones ride. Get it down to 2 or 3 that you like and then weigh them up.

There really are thousands of possibilities.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yeah man Picture Share G Coupe is a good start. The forum search function and google are also your friend.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:31 AM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by _ant_
yeah man Picture Share G Coupe is a good start. The forum search function and google are also your friend.
+1 duhh!

probably come down to vossens or volks... haha
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Narrow it down. First figure out what size, style and color wheel you want. Then decide on a budget. Then we can help.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 AM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, what is your budget, that is the most important thing. Wheels basically come in 2 flavors, cast and forged. A forged wheel is lighter, stronger, and 2-3x the price of a cast wheel...you'll have to decide if that's what you want to spend your money on. If not, there are some great cast wheels out there, like Vossen, TSW, or Forgestar (which is really halfway between cast and forged).
Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 PM
b_commiskey

Im definitely going with a staggered 20 setup and I would like to keep it below 3000 for rims and tires. I was looking at the TSW vairano's but the more i look around the less sure I am of what I want. There are too many sick options out there. I guess I just need to dig through the forum pics and get an idea of which direction I want to go. I really think a black rim would look good with the color I have and the tint on the windows and tail lights. I don't know, impulse will step in sooner or later....
Old 06-05-2011, 01:28 PM
LIKE-A-G

YouTube - ‪Infiniti G35 on 20" Vossen VVS-CV2 Concave Wheels / Rims‬‏
Old 06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks: Vossen
Performance: Volk/Work

TSW is junk, just so you know.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:46 PM
droogie
Registered Member

3k for wheels and tires is definitely Vossen territory, give them a call they are great people to work with. Or you can hold out and get a forged wheel like Volks if they are used. People are selling them all the time on the forums, just be patient and wait for the right deal.

Black would look great on silver, but don't be afraid to look at some more exotic colors. I think Mag Blue, like mine, would look great.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by droogie
3k for wheels and tires is definitely Vossen territory, give them a call they are great people to work with. Or you can hold out and get a forged wheel like Volks if they are used. People are selling them all the time on the forums, just be patient and wait for the right deal.

Black would look great on silver, but don't be afraid to look at some more exotic colors. I think Mag Blue, like mine, would look great.

and just like that i have a new fav g37 how long was your wait for mag blue 2 years? lol
Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM
droogie
Registered Member

Lead time is 8-10 weeks for Mag Blue right now. Really not that bad in the grand scheme of JDM wheels.

PS that pic sucks, will get a proper shoot done once my Tein coilovers are installed!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:06 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by droogie
Lead time is 8-10 weeks for Mag Blue right now. Really not that bad in the grand scheme of JDM wheels.

PS that pic sucks, will get a proper shoot done once my Tein coilovers are installed!
awesome man! just plain AWESOME! and 8-10 weeks is not bad at all! im gunna stay posted for sure! id love to have some mag blue gt30's