Which wheels? I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by IcebergG
Lol, why?
Not including the fact that forgestars are lighter than vossens by a considerable amount.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 AM
IcebergG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Not including the fact that forgestars are lighter than vossens by a considerable amount.
That's what I've been taking into consideration from the start. The stepped lip design is hot too. I plan on dropping the car with coilovers as well.

Last edited by IcebergG; 06-01-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Then get the forgestars!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by LizardBreath
get what ever you want. Just cuz people have either volk gt30's or vossen on here dont mean that people have them all over where you live...who cares, if you want looks I would say go for vossen, half the people on here dont have wheels or a decent drop and just talk. This is a forum....how many people do u see everyday with vossens.... I see more volks here in h town than I do any other wheel....
I think the reason why you don't see many vossens is because outside of the G community, they aren't a very popular wheel (and not the best quality, don't flame me!!!) Volks, on the other hand, are a proven, lightweight, strong wheel, and popular in many communties. Just my thoughts. Don't know how accurate I really am.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:54 AM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I gotta be honest here... I've already ordered the CV1's, but if they don't show in the 60 day window I was given, I am cancelling my order.

I can be a bit impulsive at times and if I have the chance to back out of this deal, I am going lighter. If they arrive within the 60 days... I'm kinda stuck.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:56 AM
1slowvq37

Location: Real Del Mar Baja California Mexico , Chula Vista CA
Forgestars !
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2 very different wheels. Concave vs. Step-lip. Lightweight vs. Not so light. It really depends on what else you have planned for the looks of your car.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 AM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by myk1013
2 very different wheels. Concave vs. Step-lip. Lightweight vs. Not so light. It really depends on what else you have planned for the looks of your car.
I'm keeping it fairly simple, IPL sides, 20% tint, factory spoiler (unless I find a really nice trunk like STOOF's or Weiboy's), Autokits CF rear valence, Fast Intentions CF exhaust and that's about it. Combine that with a nice drop with coilovers and top it off with something nice from GTM and there you have it.

Last edited by IcebergG; 06-01-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:30 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm keeping it fairly simple, IPL sides, 20% tint, factory spoiler (unless I find a really nice trunk like STOOF's or Weiboy's), Autokits rear valence, Fast Intentions CF exhaust and that's about it. Combine that with a nice drop with coilovers and top it off with something nice from GTM and there you have it.
lol the simplicity stopped right there. Since you're going FI I would go lightweight.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Soliditude

Thanks a lot Solid and I do agree with you. The Forgestars are much lighter than the Vossens. After seeing the CV3's on the IPL I was hooked! But my dilemma is that I also think the stepped lip on the F10's looks really hot on the G. Dammit, I thought this choice would be easier!
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean in regards for your dilemma. But personally, if I were debating between two good-looking wheels, I'd go with the lighter ones, because the heavier they are, the slower you will be. I remember reading a thread where a guy put CV2's on his wheels, and his 0-60 went up from 5.3 to something like 6.1 due the size and weight of tires+wheels, as well as something about the rotations and physics, lol. But that alone scared me enough to cancel out Vossens.

My simple theory is that if I can't find a wheel that looks better than stock and weighs less at the same time, I won't get anything. There are sexy rims out there, but I wouldn't feel like sacrificing performance in return, because even the stocks aren't bad looking. Enkei made them pretty nice.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 AM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
lol the simplicity stopped right there. Since you're going FI I would go lightweight.
I think you may have a good point sir. Well here they are side by side...

Both styles look so damn sexy
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 AM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by Soliditude
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean in regards for your dilemma. But personally, if I were debating between two good-looking wheels, I'd go with the lighter ones, because the heavier they are, the slower you will be. I remember reading a thread where a guy put CV2's on his wheels, and his 0-60 went up from 5.3 to something like 6.1 due the size and weight of tires+wheels, as well as something about the rotations and physics, lol. But that alone scared me enough to cancel out Vossens.

My simple theory is that if I can't find a wheel that looks better than stock and weighs less at the same time, I won't get anything. There are sexy rims out there, but I wouldn't feel like sacrificing performance in return, because even the stocks aren't bad looking. Enkei made them pretty nice.
Damn, almost a full second slower just by wheels alone?!?!? I agree with you 100%, I just wish the 2011 sport wheels weren't so damn ugly compared to the previous design
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 AM
1NEETO

After seeing them side by side I think the forgestars will not only look better (silver or matte black, forget about gold) but they do look classier as well.

But of course that's just my opinion. Who the hell cares about what us fools think. Go with your gut.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 AM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
After seeing them side by side I think the forgestars will not only look better (silver or matte black, forget about gold) but they do look classier as well.

But of course that's just my opinion. Who the hell cares about what us fools think. Go with your gut.
It's funny you say that NEETO, because my gut is telling me the same thing. I wanted to maintain a classy look and I think the F10's would do that perfectly. Plus they're different
Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 AM
1NEETO

Of course a side shot doesn't the the vossens justice since it doesn't show off the concave. But still, I think the forgetars look better.

Quick Reply: Which wheels? I need your help!